Padmashri Dr. Prof. Pritam Singh
Honorary DG MREI & Chairman-Strategic Mentoring Board
Ex-Director, MDI Gurgaon & IIM Lucknow, Ex-DG IMI.
Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” – John C. Crosby
The constantly changing education paradigms, in response to growing complexity of the industry environment today have necessitated the academia and industry to come closer. Exceptionally dynamic corporate world expects the students pursuing different professional programmes to be well versed in the industry environment. With globalization taking place, the job market has become even more competitive.
Functioning of the great Institutions is made with the following three philosophical overtones.
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself (John Dewey)
- Thought without action does not have any value and an action without thought is a futile action (Vivekanand)
- What I read I forget, what I see I remember, what I do I understand – that is learning by doing.
MREI is distinct Gurukula working primarily around the above philosophical paradigm. It is confluence of galaxy of thought and action leaders from different walks of life. The Universities are engaging in architecting and shaping young minds and business leaders who:
- Look beyond, look around and look within,
- Develop undaunted curiosity to continuously learning and grow as holistic leaders,
- Can powerfully connect horizons with the ground reality,
- Can efficiently connect scattered dots and create powerful mosaic and rainbow of managerial skills.
- Seek higher results with the helicopter perspective,
- Develop capabilities to handle Complexity, Ambiguity, Uncertainty and Volatility,
- Are socially responsible and ethical prudent in their behavior and conduct,
- Can create tomorrow, today with entrepreneurial vision and out-of-box thinking.
VISION AND AIM:
With its Educational & Philanthropic mission and with an aim to be the driving force; to formulate Strategies to enable and ensure Manav Rachna Educational Institutions become a renowned organization worldwide and to fulfill the mission and to ensure the employability skills of the students; Strategic Mentoring Board of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions was initiated.
Strategic Mentoring Board consciously emboldens industry interaction with a wide cross-section of professionals in the industry and is highly practical and focused on what the industry needs as it is evolved through constant interaction with leading professionals who are a part of the Industry and Strategic Mentoring Board which creates a good academic atmosphere and an efficient decision making process based on consultation; and through these it aims to promote an overall development of students for the maximum realization of their potential. The requirements of industry are continuously updated through regular industry tracking and feedback.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BOARD ARE:
- Initiating, Continuous Scaling up & Mentoring of the Innovation and Incubation Initiatives for Entrepreneurs, Patents and Research Papers to ensure that MREI is able to set new benchmarks.
- Developing Consulting & Training Capabilities at ManavRachna Educational Institutions.
- Scouting for & Association with World class Knowledge Partners for Manav Rachna Educational Institutions.
- Developing Future Perspectives & Global Accreditations of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions
- Tie Ups.
- Scaling up the Career Resources Centre for Placements of students and Alumni.
- Increasing the reach of Social Initiatives and outreach programs of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions.
- Recommendations for Contemporary programs to be initiated at MREI.
- Mentoring and guiding Career development Centre to develop unique processes for nurturing MREI students.
- Mentoring Manav Rachna Academic Staff College.
- Advice on Strategies for Perception and Brand Building.
Besides imparting theoretical knowledge, the curriculum stresses on developing analytical skills, communication skills, problem solving and team work abilities as required by industry. The requirements of industry are continuously updated through regular industry tracking and feedback. Manav Rachna Educational Institutions offer multiple courses in collaboration with JBM, IBM, Xebia, Inter-Continental Hotel Group (IHG). More than 50 collaborations with various universities and institutes internationally for research and academic exchange programmes. Tie-ups with the National Skill Development Corporation; the Indian Oil Corporation, R&D Centre, Faridabad; Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad; Council of Scientific & Industrial Research; Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun; and the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi. Centres of Excellence have been established in collaboration with reputed companies like: Sukam, Mitsubishi, Honda, SAP, Reliance Jio, Infosys (Campus Connect), Intel, Dell, Atmel, Daikin and Skytesters for enhancing research skills. Besides, we also have a Centre of excellence in sports science and a Centre for water Technology and Research. A strong base of MREI Alumni keeps visiting the University and communicating about the requirement of the Industry thus promoting employability skills by promoting/ supporting extra-curricular and co-curricular activities and skill development through formation of Clan Community (technical and transferable) sharing work experience, going for internships and placements.