B.Tech Biotechnology (Lateral Entry) – MRIIRS
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students
|US $ 4400
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list
|Merit preparation/shortlisting of candidates shall be on the basis of scores in
MRNAT 2023 / Marks in
|45% marks in a 3-year Diploma in Engineering in any branch/discipline from the State Board of Technical Education or Equivalent Examination or B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as Defined by UGC, with at least 50 % marks and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject
|*In addition to above seats of the sanctioned intake admissions in B. Tech Lateral Entry shall also be made against the seats remaining vacant in 1st year of AY 2021-22
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To make our students competent in the field of biotechnology and its allied areas.
- To inculcate the capability to work as entrepreneurs and techno managers with strong ethics and communication skills.
- To equip the students to pursue higher education and research in reputed institutes at national and international level.
- To develop a working knowledge of biotechnology product and processes.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs) / PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Programme Outcomes / Programme Specific Outcomes describe graduate attributes i.e. what students are expected to know or will be able to do when they graduate from a programme. The POs / PSOs of B. Tech. in Biotechnology Engineering are:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and Engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze engineering problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Acquire knowledge on the fundamentals of biotechnology for sound and solid base which enables them to understand the emerging and advanced engineering concepts in life sciences.
- Acquire knowledge in domain of biotechnology enabling their applications in industry and research.
- Empower the students to acquire technological knowhow by connecting disciplinary and interdisciplinary aspects of biotechnology.
- Recognize the importance of Bioethics, IPR, entrepreneurship, Communication and management skills so as to usher next generation of Indian industrialists.
|B. Tech Biotechnology
|Program / Discipline Electives
|Introduction to Pharmaceutical Technology
|Human Genomics & Proteomics
|Genetics and Cytogenetics
|Waste Water Treatment
|Internships / Seminars
|Introduction to Research
|Introduction to Biomaterials
|Technical Seminar- II
|Biofertilizers & Biopesticides
|Concepts in Immunology
|Food Process Technology
|DNA Microarrary Technology
|Any other (Professional & Life Skills)
|Workshop Practices – I
|Holistic Wellness & Life Skills-I
|Workshop Practices – II
|Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-I
|Elements of Computer and Programming
|Bioinformatics & Computer Applications
|Food Packaging Technology
|Holistic wellness and Life Skills-II
|Elements of Electrical Engineering
|Recombinant DNA Technology
|Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-II
|Computer Programming Lab
|Bioenergy & Biofuels
|Quantitative Aptitude and Personality Development-III
|Computer Aided Drafting
|Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods
|Holistic wellness and life Skills-III
|Drug Delivery Systems
|Basics of Chemical Engineering
|Thermodynamics of Bioprocess
|Biosafety, Bioethics & IPR
|Basics of Chemical Engineering Lab
|Stem Cells & its applications
|Entrepreneurship Opportunities in Food Industries
|Humanities & Social Sciences
|Professional Communication -I
|Marketing and Management in Biotech Products
|Cell Biology Lab
|Total Quality Management
|Professional Communication -II
|Human Resource Management
|Bioanalytical Techniques Lab
|Immunological Techniques Lab
|Water Supply & Treatment Plant
|Molecular Biology Lab
|Remote Sensing and GIS
|Industrial Microbiology Lab
|Environmental Air Pollution
|Bioinformatics & Computer Applications Lab
|Recombinant DNA Tech. Lab
|Solid Waste Management
|Bioprocess Engineering Lab
|Cell & Tissue Culture Lab
|MATLAB Programming Lab
|Environment Biotechnology Lab
|Food Biotechnology Lab
Employment opportunities are available in the specialized fields of biotechnology viz. Stem Cell Technology, Biomedical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics, Global Biotech Parks (DBT), Biotech Research Incubator Institutions, Food Corporation of India, Biotechnology Management, IT sector, Banking Sector and Armed forces (Biological Warfare). Engineering Colleges and Technical Universities also offer job opportunities. Students can also go for higher studies and start their own ventures.
A large number of pass outs have bagged excellent placements in leading companies, viz, Imperial Life Sciences, Lifecell International, Totipotent RX, Covidien, Space Group, Sagacious Research, CHC Health Care, e4e Health Group, Link Biotech, Ozone Biotech, CPM, Agilent Technology, Panacea Biotech, Medox Diagnostics, TCS (Biotech Division), Infosys (Biotech Division), IDS, L & T Infotech, IFBI and HCL, SCOTT EDIL & Kelly Services India Pvt. Ltd, Boston Scientific, etc.
Many pass outs have opted for higher studies in both national and International universities after qualifying in competitive exams. International institutes include Drexel University Philadelphia- USA, University of Alabama Birmingham- US, University of Scotland, Clemson University Southern Carolina-US, Minnesota University- USA, John- Hopkins University- US, IGBI – Italy, Cornell University- US and many others. Some of the Indian universities where our students are pursuing higher studies are IIT Mumbai, IIT Khargpur and many more.