MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics – MRU
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) for Indian Nationals in Rupees||1,06,000|
|COURSE FEES (Per annum) in US $ For PIO/NRI Students||US $ 3300|
|Criteria for Preparation of Merit list||I – Merit in MRNAT 2020|
II – 10+2 Qualifying Examination.
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates have Passed in 10+2 Examination/ Equivalent Examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects out of which 4 subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English are mandatory.|
SECTION WEIGHTAGE PARAMETERS
Click here to view course structure of B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
Mathematicians have vast opportunities in academia & industry. Student can go for Teaching, Actual science, MBA, Research, Banking Sector, UPSC, Civil Services etc.
To equip students with broad and deep mathematical knowledge with an aim towards developing logical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills to build their understanding of mathematical concepts and their applications.
- Preparation: To prepare graduates with strong fundamentals required for higher learning, teaching or other jobs.
- Core Competence: Ability to approach problems in an analytical and rigorous way and apply appropriate mathematical skills in solving them.
- Breadth: To utilize the wide range of mathematical concepts along with pure, applied, mathematical statistics and numerical techniques equipped with mathematical computer software
- Professionalism: To work as team with professional ethical practices
- Learning Environment: To develop confidence for lifelong self learning.
Capability of demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of mathematics and understanding of
one or more disciplines which form a part of an undergraduate programme of study.
- Ability to communicate various concepts of mathematics effectively using examples and their geometrical visualizations.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively.
Critical thinking and analytical reasoning:
Ability to employ critical thinking in understanding the concepts, to analyze the results and apply them in various problems appearing in different branches of mathematics.
Capability to solve problems in mathematics and it’s applications arising in different fields of science & engineering, related to the curriculum.
Capability for inquiring about appropriate questions relating to the concepts in various fields of mathematics and to know about the advances in various branches of mathematics.
Capability to use appropriate software’s to perform mathematical investigations and problem solving.
Ability to work independently and do in-depth study of various notions of mathematics.
Moral and ethical awareness/reasoning:
Ability to identify unethical behavior such as fabrication, falsification or misrepresentation of data and adopting objective, unbiased and truthful actions in all aspects.
Ability to think, acquire knowledge and skills through logical reasoning and to inculcate the habit of self-learning.
Professional skills: Abilityto work as team with professional ethical practices.
Applicational skills: Ability to apply one’s disciplinary knowledge and skills in mathematics in newer domains and uncharted areas.
Experimental learning: Ability to identify challenging problems in mathematics and obtain well-defined solutions
Employability options: To apply for government jobs, jobs in banking, insurance and investment sectors, data analyst jobs and jobs in various other public and private enterprises.