MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Management and Commerce
About the Department
The Department of Management & Commerce inculcates and practices the philosophy of learning-by-working. Students learn to apply the conceptual knowledge through practice and application to identify, evaluate and resolve business management problems and situations.
The pursuit of excellence drives the Faculty resorts towards imparting an interdisciplinary, multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approach, which provides wholesome exposure to students through diversified fields namely; Business Management and Economics, Behavioral Science, Entrepreneurship & Financial Management, Accounting, Communication Skills and English Language. The curriculum and pedagogy of the Department is industry driven and it has various collaborative- programs with both National and International companies and professional associations of repute. The focus is on experiential learning so that students acquire requisite knowledge and skills essential for evolving into 21st century managers to create a niche for themselves on global arena. It strives to create well-groomed, world-class citizens through an academic environment that enhances their professional expertise. It has a distinction to develop management professionals who are equipped with hard as well as soft skills to lead professionally and socially with pride and confidence. This holistic development is nurtured through various clubs, clans, and professional associations. The university is privileged to have distinguished group of faculty blended with corporate experience. ManavRachna continues to draw faculty members from world’s finest institutions with driven work experience.
The Department is graced by faculty of eminence, Prof (Dr.) Sanjay Srivastava who is also the founder Vice-Chancellor of Manav Rachna University and MD of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions. He is currently serving as the vice chancellor of MRIIRS. He is an eminent academician, researcher, consultant and trainer in the field of Psychology and Organizational Behaviour.
Prof (Dr.) I K Bhat, Vice-Chancellor of Manav Rachna University is a mentor to the department and focuses on Student success as the highest priority by offering a strong selection of academic and research programmes embedded with futuristic curriculum incorporating today’s high-demand fields. He is an eminent academician, researcher, consultant and trainer in the field of Materials and Material Properties, Manufacturing (Materials Characterization).
The faculty of the Department is mostly Ph.D. qualified with varied and rich experience in academics and Industry.
Faculty members of Department of Management and Commerce have presented papers at many national and international conferences, won various titles, authored various books, along with many other achievements. Get details of faculty accomplishments here: Click here
Awards / Recognition / Certifications
Students have proved their mettle at various competitions. View Awards/Recognition/Certifications details here: Read More
Student Achievements 2018-19
Department of Management and Commerce provides multiple opportunities to students and faculties to expand their knowledge in their respective disciplines. Both students and faculties have presented paper at national and international conferences. Read More
Foreign Knowledge Partnerships
Click here for more details
FIA, FSIA, AIMA, PHD Chambers, CREDAI, BMIC, FICCI, NEN, SIDBI, NIESBUD, NSIC, MSME, NEN, Miles Education.
Faculty members of the Department of Management and Commerce have published research papers in National and International journals of repute; and have presented/published in proceedings of national and international conferences. Get details of faculty research publication here: Click here
- Accomplished Doctoral Faculty, Applied research and relevant outreach activities
- Regular interface with Industry leaders and academic experts (Guest lectures and Industry visits)
- Training on financial software, data & support in training, research and pedagogy.
- Multi-disciplinary learning with choice of subjects over and above the core management subjects
- Industry-driven curriculum and pedagogy (case studies, role plays, simulation and business games).
- Focus on applied and experiential learning
- Professional Development/ Foreign language/ Soft Skill Development/ Communication skills is part of the curriculum
- Industry Projects and Internships
- International Immersion opportunities
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of Elective and skill based Courses
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Students should be able to acquire the intellectual and behavioral competencies required for professional and personal success. The learning goals and objectives for the program are :
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – Students will develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Communication Skills: Students will learn to communicate professionally and effectively
- Core Business Knowledge – Students will develop functional business knowledge.
- Global Perspective: Students will acquire global awareness and appreciation for diverse perspectives.
- Ethical behavior and Social responsibility: Students will learn to recognize and analyze ethical problems, and take appropriate decisions
- Teamwork and Leadership: Students will develop effective teamwork and leadership skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
We expect our graduates to display the following:
- Business Knowledge: Students should be able to display technical competence in discipline of study as applicable in domestic and global business
- Critical Thinking Skills: Students have ability to devise solutions for structured and unstructured business problems and issues
- Communication Skills: Students are able to conceptualize and effectively present a complex issue .
- Technology Skills: Students are competent in the uses of technology
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Students are competent in conceptualizing and commercializing new products and processes and new business entities.
Students Corporate Relations and Career Management Centre at Manav Rachna provides 100% placement support with placement at top companies: Click here
Students Corporate Relations and Career Management Centre at Manav Rachna provides internship assistance in top companies: Click here
The Program is mentored and guided by an Advisory board consisting of renowned and accomplished industry leaders, corporate heads, academicians, practitioners and experts in finance, sales and marketing, energy, construction and environment, entrepreneurship, media, sports, real estate, project management, healthcare and international relations.
- Mr. Mudassir Zaidi, National Director – Residential, Knight Frank India
- Mr. S P S Bakshi, CMD, Engineering Projects India Limited, India
- Mr. Vijay Mewani, Sr Vice President, Project Management, Supertech Ltd, India
- Mr. Kamaljeet Singh, Sr Vice President, Bestech India Pvt Ltd, India
- Mr. Mukul Gupta, Consultant , Project Management, India
- Mr. Abhimanyu Chib, President Sales and Marketing, J C World
- Ms. Christine Sharma, CEO India , Narrowcasters Audio Tours
- Dr. SamehAboul-enein, Deputy Ambassador of Egypt to the United Kingdom and a visiting lecturer on disarmament at London Academy of Diplomacy, UK
- Dr. Andrea Bartolli, Dean, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr. Borislava Manojlovic, Director of Research Projects, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr. Remiguisz Smolinski, Professor, School of Business and Social Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Anil Kashyap, Professor Deputy Head, School of Energy, Construction and Environment, Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, Coventry University, UK.
- Mr. AlokeVatsyayan, Director – Consulting Practices, DMG Consulting Pvt Ltd, India
- Prof. R.K.Chandra,, Senior Adviser,, Mentorship Support Network & MUDRA Loans Scheme , NIESBUD
- Asgar Ahmed F, Director, National Entrepreneurship Network, Wadhwani Foundation
- Dr. Benoit Leleux, Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, IMD, Switzerland
- Prof Roger Healy, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, USA
- Mr. Kapil Dev, Former Indian Cricket Captain
- Mr. Madanlal, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Virender Sehwag, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Abhinav Bhindra, World, and Olympic champion in 10 m Air Rifle
- Mr. Gagan Narang, Air rifle gold medalist in World Cup and Olympics Bronze medalist
- Mr. Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Mr. B K Sinha, IPS, ADGP/vigilance, Haryana Government.
- Mr. Vikrant Gupta, Senior Editor, AajTak
- Mr. Vijay Lokbali, Editor, The Hindu
- Ms . Manjushree Roy, Administrator- Indira Gandhi Nehru Stadium, New Delhi
- Dr. Robert Frye, Director, Wellness and Recreation Center – MMC, Florida International University, WRC 105, Miami, USA
- Mr. Arman P. Medina, Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Kinesiology, San José State University, One Washington Square, San José, California, USA