MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Management and Commerce
About the Department
The pursuit of excellence drives the Faculty resorts towards imparting an interdisciplinary, multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approach, which provides wholesome exposure to students through diversified fields namely; Business Management and Economics, Behavioral Science, Entrepreneurship & Financial Management, Accounting, Communication Skills and English Language. The curriculum and pedagogy of the Department is industry driven and it has various collaborative- programs with both National and International companies and professional associations of repute. The focus is on experiential learning so that students acquire requisite knowledge and skills essential for evolving into 21st century managers to create a niche for themselves on global arena. It strives to create well-groomed, world-class citizens through an academic environment that enhances their professional expertise. It has a distinction to develop management professionals who are equipped with hard as well as soft skills to lead professionally and socially with pride and confidence. This holistic development is nurtured through various clubs, clans, and professional associations. The university is privileged to have distinguished group of faculty blended with corporate experience. Manav Rachna continues to draw faculty members from world’s finest institutions with driven work experience. Download Course Brochure
The faculty of the Department is mostly Ph.D. qualified with varied and rich experience in academics and Industry.
The Department of Management and Commerce aims at becoming centre of learning in the area of management and inter-disciplinary areas such as law, technology and education in order to create industry ready human resource.
To foster creation and development of industry ready workforce with the assistance of dedicated teaching faculty in sync with global standards. This will help future ready human resource to achieve excellence at work.
Program Educational Objectives
- Students should be able to acquire the intellectual and behavioral competencies required for professional and personal success. The learning goals and objectives for the program are :
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – Students will develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Communication Skills: Students will learn to communicate professionally and effectively
- Core Business Knowledge – Students will develop functional business knowledge.
- Global Perspective: Students will acquire global awareness and appreciation for diverse perspectives.
- Ethical behavior and Social responsibility: Students will learn to recognize and analyze ethical problems, and take appropriate decisions
- Teamwork and Leadership: Students will develop effective teamwork and leadership skills.
We expect our graduates to display the following:
PO1: Ability to Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
PO2: Demonstrate foundational knowledge of the functional areas of business
PO3: Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making in Organizational Context
PO4: .Ability to use appropriate decision support tools.
PO5: Contribute to knowledge Creation
PO6 : Ability to understand, analyze and communicate regional, national, global economic, legaland Ethical aspects of business.
PO7: Ability to work effectively in a team situation.
PO8: Ability to demonstrate specialized knowledge and competencies in their area.
PO9: Ability to write and orally present ideas effectively in business English.
PO10: Demonstrate sensitivity to societal needs and issues
- Accomplished Doctoral Faculty, Applied research and relevant outreach activities
- Regular interface with Industry leaders and academic experts (Guest lectures and Industry visits)
- Training on financial software, data & support in training, research and pedagogy.
- Multi-disciplinary learning with choice of subjects over and above the core management subjects
- Industry-driven curriculum and pedagogy (case studies, role plays, simulation and business games).
- Focus on applied and experiential learning
- Professional Development/ Foreign language/ Soft Skill Development/ Communication skills is part of the curriculum
- Industry Projects and Internships
- International Immersion opportunities
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of Elective and skill based Courses
- Scholarship available to meritorious students
FIA, FSIA, AIMA, PHD Chambers, CREDAI, BMIC, FICCI, NEN, SIDBI, NIESBUD, NSIC, MSME, NEN, Miles Education.
Students Corporate Relations and Career Management Centre at Manav Rachna provides 100% placement support with placement at top companies: Click here
Students Corporate Relations and Career Management Centre at Manav Rachna provides internship assistance in top companies: Click here
Department of Management and Commerce provides multiple opportunities to students and faculties to expand their knowledge in their respective disciplines. Both students and faculties have presented paper at national and international conferences. Read More
Faculty members of the Department of Management and Commerce have published research papers in National and International journals of repute; and have presented/published in proceedings of national and international conferences. Get details of faculty research publication here: Click here
Faculty members of Department of Management and Commerce have presented papers at many national and international conferences, won various titles, authored various books, along with many other achievements. Get details of faculty accomplishments here: Click here
Awards / Recognition / Certifications
Students have proved their mettle at various competitions. View Awards/Recognition/Certifications details here: Read More
Foreign Knowledge Partnerships
Click here for more details
- Mudassir Zaidi, National Director – Residential, Knight FrankIndia
- S P S Bakshi, CMD, Engineering Projects India Limited, India
- Vijay Mewani, Sr Vice President, Project Management, Supertech Ltd, India
- Mukul Gupta, Consultant , Project Management, India
- Abhimanyu Chib, President Sales and Marketing, J C World
- Christine Sharma, CEO India , Narrowcasters Audio Tours
- Andrea Bartolli, Dean, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Borislava Manojlovic, Director of Research Projects, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Anil Kashyap, Professor Deputy Head, School of Energy, Construction and Environment, Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, Coventry University, UK.
- AlokeVatsyayan, Director – Consulting Practices, DMG Consulting Pvt Ltd, India
- R.K.Chandra,, Senior Adviser,, Mentorship Support Network & MUDRA Loans Scheme , NIESBUD
- Asgar Ahmed F, Director, National Entrepreneurship Network, Wadhwani Foundation
- Benoit Leleux, Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, IMD, Switzerland
- Prof Roger Healy, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, USA
- Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Vikrant Gupta, Senior Editor, AajTak
- Vijay Lokbali, Editor, The Hindu
- Ms . Manjushree Roy, Administrator- Indira Gandhi Nehru Stadium, New Delhi
- Robert Frye, Director, Wellness and Recreation Center – MMC, Florida International University, WRC 105, Miami, USA
Events & Activities
To View Faculty Data: Click here