MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Computer Science & Technology
The aim of the department is to provide high-quality education along with training the students with all the new advancements in the field of computers. The major differentiators of the CST department are:
- Our teaching pedagogy focuses on ‘learning by doing’which aims to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Incorporation of new technology in the curriculum aims to bridge the gap of skilled manpower requirements. Focused industry ready syllabi with each vertical defined in the curriculum aim to create a platform for specified fields (Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Big Data, Neural Networks, Business Analytics, Apps Development and Web Development).
- The department has collaborations with many external organizations who work in association with the department to impart education to the students on cutting-edge technology, in the form of Training and Workshops.
The department also takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. It constantly strives to maintain and improve high standards of teaching and research. This endeavour has been successful in attracting and retaining highly skilled faculty members who are now steering the standards and relevance of the programs being offered.
The department has functional research groups in various thrust areas like Soft Computing & Big Data, Data Mining & Machine Learning, Speech and Pattern Recognition, Software Reliability, and Mobile Ad-hoc Networks with the focus on high-quality research and credible publication.
CST Courses Offered
To be a research centric, quality conscious, change oriented technological leader in the relevant areas.
The mission of Department of Computer Science & Technology is
- To develop and impart knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Technology.
- To focus on new techniques, tools and technology.
- To encourage and support the generation and implementation of innovative ideas.
- To propagate ethics and responsibility in using computer systems.
- To carry out collaborative inter-disciplinary Academic and Research activities.
- To create employment-ready human resources.
Programme Educational Objectives
- A broad general education assuring an adequate foundation in mathematics, science relevant to Computer Science & Engineering.
- A solid understanding of concepts fundamental to the discipline of Computer Science & Engineering.
- Good analytical, design and implementation skills required to formulate and solve problems related to Computer Science & Engineering.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as ethically socially responsible professionals.
- Foster the ability of lifelong learning to constantly adapt to emerging technologies
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Attain the ability to design and develop computer programs and possess acquaintance with emerging technologies and open-source platforms in the area of mobile app development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development, data analytics, and cloud computing and networking to build effective computer-based systems
PSO2: Acquire technical competency to deliver computer-based innovative and effective solutions to tackle business and societal challenges, for pursuing a successful career, entrepreneurship, research and higher studies.
Industry Academia Partnership
The department of CST is conscious about bridging the gap between industry & academia and has collaborations with various industries. Testimonial to this is the association with Infosys since 2009 for training the students and faculty members under the purview of Infosys Campus Connect Programme. Under this programme, Infosys certified faculty members conduct special modules for grooming technical skills and soft skills of graduates, as per industry demand. The Department has also adopted Google Specialized courses like Mobile App Development with Android in the curriculum.
The department is offering B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning and Cloud, DevOps & Automation, in collaboration with Xebia, which is a Dutch based IT company and B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cyber Security & Threat Intelligence, in collaboration with Quickheal, Leading providers of security software products and Solutions.
Xebia is a specialized global IT Consultancy and Services company focusing on Enterprise development, agile development, DevOps, and Outsourcing services. The passion for in-depth technology in combination with Lean, Agile and Scrum practices are Xebia’s driving factors and competitive edge. Xebia has separate business units focusing on Continuous delivery & Integration, Test Automation, Software Craftsmanship and, PaaS/Infra-as-code to provide the most cutting-edge solution to its customers. Xebia works very closely with the most known thought leaders in the field of Agile, Continuous Delivery and training such as Jeff Sutherland (Co-creator of Scrum), David Farley (Co-Author of Continuous Delivery) and Mitchell Hashimoto (Creator of DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Consul, and Packer).
About Quick Heal:
Leading providers of security software products and Solutions, under the widely-recognized brand names ‘Quick Heal’ and ‘SEQRITE’ across various operating systems and devices. More than 24.5 million licenses of its products and over 9+ million active licenses globally. Quick Heal Academy (QHA), a division of Quick Heal Technologies Limited is a premier institute engaged in supporting and securing the cyberspace. QHA is committed towards imparting cyber security education programme globally with an objective of building a talent pool of cyber security professionals.
Department of Computer Science and Technology offers wide range of services to help and improve student academic work and to enhance student skills. Students of Department of Computer Science and Technology participate in a variety of inter and intra curricular and co-curricular activities. Students have participated at SAP ecosystem awareness quiz, Accenture Innovation Jockey, SUMMIT – Model United Nations conference at Manipal, Apps for YU Challenge by Yureka, CodeZen, B-Plan Competition at Amity University, Google Summer of Code, Microsoft Imagine Cup etc.
Experiential learning in internship program is a key component in undergraduate studies. An internship is a period of structured work experience that helps the students to upgrade their skills according to current industry trends. Students of Department of Computer Science and Technology enroll in various internships offered by reputed companies. Students have grabbed internship at LinkedIn, Scanta, Envestnet, Google, Coding Ninja, GigabyteAorus etc. Some of the students of Computer Science Department have also developed real time projects under TCS remote internship program.
It’s a dream for every student to get placed in reputed company. Dream job opportunity is available for our graduates. CST Department has been consistent in terms of placement records. This department strongly believes that practical knowledge and familiarity with work environment is very necessary for young engineers. Every year more than 90% eligible/willing students get placed in reputed companies. Our esteemed recruiters include LinkedIn, Jaro Education, LIDO, TCS, Accenture, NIIT Technologies, Amazon, Samsung R&D,MobiKwik, Ericsson, HP, IBM, L&T Infotech, Optimus, Open Text, NewGen, Aon Hewiit, Gemalto (SafeNet), Morphus, HCL, CMC, Sunlife, Josh Technologies, SkilRock Technologies, Sagacious, Oxyent, Collabera, Maintech and many more. Apart from these exciting placement opportunities, a wide range of other career options are also available for students like Armed forces, Railways, Banking sector, Telecom etc.