MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Education & Humanities
The Faculty of Education & Humanities aspires to prepare 21st century facilitators by transacting specially designed curriculum based on NCTE guidelines. Through its constant endeavours to incorporate emerging strategies, approaches and innovative pedagogies, it exposes its trainees to different world-class concerns like Microsoft Imagine Academy and Apple Learning Technology. Along with regular curriculum transaction, it also grooms its budding teachers through Communication Skill
Enhancement Modules and Personality Development Programs. The prospective teachers are also groomed in institutional social responsibilities. They are given ample opportunities to interact with their counterparts of other institutes during Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
Highly qualified and experienced faculty members with commendable research background train and mentor the students to develop their knowledge and polish their skills in the state of the art labs and other resources. It is ensured here that along with students’ teaching skills, their soft skills are also developed, which is done in collaboration with the Manav Rachna International Schools and Kunskappskolan School.
With an ever growing education sector, there is no dearth of employment opportunities. Education as a specialization has vast opportunities in teaching at School and University level, curriculum planning, educational administration, Content Writers and Editors with Publishing Houses, as Instructional Designers with Multi-nationals, Career Counselors, Special Educators and policy planners with SCERT/NCERT.
Thrust Areas Of Research
Global Curriculum, Communication Skills Enhancement, Special Education, STEAM based workshops, Performing and Visual Art Workshops, Personality Grooming, Microsoft Imagine Academy and Industry Oriented Training in Content Development. To groom budding teachers towards an inclusive set up, specialized programmes on learning disability, gender sensitivity and transformative leadership are also woven into the program.
Benefits of Integrated Courses
- Tailor made opportunity for progressive and ambitious teachers of tomorrow
- Save valuable one year
- Provide twin opportunity for masters degree
- Catalyze placement opportunities
- Amalgamate graduation degree with professional degree
- Instrumental in bringing innate abilities through advanced skill development labs.
VISION AND MISSION:
- Advocacy of Research and critical inquiry culture
- Building of research capabilities and resources
- Demonstration and affirmation of best practices
- Exploration and evaluation of professional learning practices
- Collaborative learning culture
- Imbibing the ethics and values based on Indian philosophy.
Teacher Educational Programme
Department of education, MRU recognizes the importance of both pre-service and in-service teacher training.
In-service teacher training include need-based professional development programs for teachers of different schools. Workshops are being conducted from time to time on various significant themes like innovative teaching strategies, effective counseling techniques, concept mapping and classroom management etc.
Pre-service teacher training programs includes following courses on regular basis:
- B.A. B.Ed
- B.Sc. B.Ed
- M.A. Education
- To equipprogressive facilitators with 21st century skills.
- To develop an understanding of inclusive classroom.
- To develop sensitivity towards learners with multiple needs and competencies.
- To maximise students’ learning by adopting innovative pedagogies.
- To become a reflective practitioner and humane teacher.
- To groom an action researcher through a culture of research based teacher education.
Outcomes Of Program
The student teacher shall be able to
- Appreciate the historical legacy and cultural diversity of India and infer its implication for shaping the aims and processes of education.
- Develop an understanding of individual variations.
- Develop sensitivity towards children with special needs and competencies to provide differential intervention for inclusive education.
- Strengthen the human and non-human environment for learning and promoting maximum pupil achievement.
- Encourage effective use of instructional technology to enhance learning.
- Apply the principles and the knowledge of research to develop, implement and evaluate appropriate instruction.
- Become a reflective practitioner and an action researcher.
- Prepare students for effective leadership roles in school and education institutions.
- Develop an understanding of the pedagogical processes and critical issues related to the teaching learning.
Salient Features And Workshops
Meticulously designed curriculum, encompassing behavioural domains.
- Field exposure spread across all semesters to allied schools with focus on generating awareness, sensitization regarding emerging social and educational issues.
- Field Visits to Centres of Excellence across the Nation to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Focused STEAM based workshops
- 21st Century Skill set inculcation.
- Guidance and Counselling Certification
- Foreign Language Certification.
- Industry supported Content Design programs.
- Incubation support to Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Directorate Secondary Education, Govt. of Haryana have proposed partnership with Faculty of Education & Humanities, MRU for academic excellence of government schools of Faridabad district.
- Manav Rachna International Schools as live learning laboratory for students to get first-hand experience of a formal school set up.
- Kunskappskolan schools as academic partners.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy.
Outstanding Achievements And Research Credentials Of The Faculty
- Dr Babita Parashar is a resource person with SWAYAM-PRABHA, MHRD venture towards Digital Initiatives in Higher Education
- Faculty of Education & Humanities has its presence across a plethora of research domains namely Value Education, Comparative Education, Sustainable Teacher Education, Curriculum Development, Inclusive Education, Constructivist Pedagogy and Assessment and Evaluation through research publications in various National and International Research Journals of great repute.