MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Physics
About the Department
Welcome to the Department of Physics at MRU, Faridabad. The Department adopts pragmatic approach as pedagogy of teaching physics. The Department provides basic as well as advanced knowledge and understanding of the subjects to the learners through well-defined interactive teaching learning processes to develop and enhance hypo-deductive problem solving skills. The faculties believe in establishing democratic relationship with the learner. Therefore, besides class room teaching, the academic strategies like tutorials, seminars, workshops, problem solving sessions and open discussions etc. are also adopted by the faculty members. The department of Physics draws its faculty from premier institutes of the country. The faculties are highly experienced and specialized in the thrust areas of physics. Every faculty member is actively engaged in quality research and continuous upgradation of their pedagogical skills. Each year the department publishes papers in SCI indexed international journals. The department conducts expert lectures and seminars for keeping the students and faculty updated with the emerging areas of Physics. The Department also conducts various outreach programs on online mode. The department is a nodal centre of IIRS (Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun), ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) for the outreach programs. In addition to this, the department offers a wide range of core and open elective courses in the B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Tech and M.Sc. programs. The department continuously strives for improvement to uphold the quality of education.
To educate students in frontier areas of knowledge enabling them to take up challenges as ethical and responsible global citizens.
- To impart outcome based holistic education
- To disseminate education in frontier areas
- To produce globally competitive, ethical and socially responsible human resources
- To produce human resources sensitive to issues of Environment and Sustainable Development
- To develop Environment and Sustainable development as a thrust area of research and development.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics (3 year)
- M.Sc. Physics (2 year)
The detailed semester wise course structure along with study scheme for the programmes is available on MRU Website.
- Electronic Structure Calculation
- Atmospheric Physics
- Ionospheric Physics
- Nano-Technology and Nano- Science
- Multi-Ferroic Materials
- Organic Solar Cells
- Solid state Physics
- Teaching in colleges and schools
- Civil services/Govt. Administration
- Higher studies
- Airlines and Railways
- Scientists/ Scientific officers in various Government and Private R&D Organization like, DRDO, NPL, CSIR, TIFR, ISRO, IIG, Laser industry, IBM-Research lab etc
- Industry, Publication House
- Technical officer in Hospitals/Research Labs
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- To emphasize on practical training, every subject has lab component at undergraduate level.
- Choice based credit system for interdisciplinary learning
- Exposure through summer training, workshops, invited talks & industrial visits
- Choice based subject specialization in post graduation
- Exposure to research through project work in industry and laboratories at post graduate level
- Soft skill training relevant to the placement
- Designed Syllabus as per UGC norms.
- 100% resut with first class.
Program Educational Objectives (B.Sc.)
The accumulation of facts of nature and the ability to link the facts to observe and discover the laws of nature i.e. develop an understanding and knowledge of the basic Physics.
Program Educational Objectives (M.Sc.)
- The ability to use this knowledge to analyze new situations and learn skills and tools like mathematics, engineering and technology to find the solution, interpret the results and make predictions for the future developments.
- The ability to synthesize the acquired knowledge, understanding and experience for a better and improved comprehension of the physical problems in nature and to create new skills and tools for their possible solutions.