Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the USPs of MRU? How is MRU different from other universities? How do MRU Programmes compare with other Govt. and Pvt. Univ. programs.?
Ans.MRU programmes have the following features that differentiate them from programmes offered by other Universities:
1) CBCS (Choice Based Credit System): The programs offered, provide a student an opportunity to chart his or her own learning path by choosing courses of his/her choice. The student has the flexibility to register for lesser or higher number of credits (Learn at one’s own pace).
2) Large number of Electives: A small core and large elective basket gives the student a flexibility to take courses from other engineering disciplines; sciences, humanities and management. This ensures holistic development and develops the multidisciplinary skills.
3) Domain specializations: The elective verticals have been so designed (considering specific industry requirements) that the students choosing electives accordingly are industry ready at the time of graduation.
4) Hands on Expertise: Compulsory lab component with each course along with a workshop course every semester and compulsory summer trainings after the even semesters ensures development of ‘application and design skills’.
5) Personality Development: With the aim of ‘holistic development’, ‘soft’ courses addressing the expansion of emotional, social, ethical, professional and creative potentials of students are also offered by the CDC (Career Development Center, MREI) and CSD (Center for Skills Development, MRU).
Q. What is the reservation policy for Graduate, Post Graduate and PD?
Ans. Manav Rachna University presently follows the reservation policy as under:
- NRI / Foreign National /PIO seats:5% in all programmes/courses.
- General Seats: 95% (25% seats are reserved for Haryana domicile students, of which10%seats are for the scheduled castes of Haryana).
- Kashmiri Migrants: 1 seat in merit quota for the programmes
Q. What is our scholarship policy?
Ans. MRU offers Scholarship based on merit cum means, to the candidates admitted under reservation for Haryana Candidates. Scheme shall be applicable to all Undergraduate and Post Graduate Programs. The Scheme is applicable to all students whose parents have annual income up to Rs. 2.80 Lac from all sources. Under the scheme, the students shall be given fee waiver limited to the tuition fee as per the following scale. Candidates are required to pay other fee as applicable to the programme concerned. know more about scholarship offered by mru
Q. What are the skill enhancement measures taken by us?
Ans. MRU conducts Employability Enhancement Programmes to groom the over all personality of the students. This is effected through
a) Regular in-semester EEP and PDP sessions by the Career Development Center (CDC) that provides coaching on skills to the students with an objective of enhancing employability.
b) Mandatory summer training during summer vacations with a view to expose students to the real world situations where they could apply their learning and sharpen their technical expertise thereby enhancing their employability.
c) An integral part of Summer Training is the Soft Skills training by Centre for Skills Development (CSD) to the second year students of all branche Under the “Infosys Campus Connect” program, the Soft Skills program–‘Communication & Team Work’ is rolled out to the student by the Infosys certified faculty. The program addresses the need of young professionals exhibiting high levels of maturity, ethics and business acumen in all transactions
Q. Will campus placements be organized?
Ans. Yes MRU has a central placement cell named CRC that takes care of the student placements.
Q. What are Global Graduate Attributes?
Ans. In an increasingly competitive job market, there’s more pressure than ever to stand out from the crowd. Program design and delivery at MRU ensures development of Global Graduate Attributes, which are defined by International Professional Societies of the concerned area. Graduate attributes form a set of individually-assessable outcomes that are indicative of a graduate’s potential competency. The graduate attributes are exemplars of the attributes expected of a graduate from an accredited program. These provide the graduates a strong back ground in fundamentals and ability to translate it to real life problems and a capacity to design, build and analyses, thereby helping him become a Global Citizen.
Following are the Graduate Attributes focused upon by MRU:
- Academic Education: Educational depth and breadth referring to Completion of an accredited program of study designed to prepare graduates as professionals of the respective area
- Knowledge for Solving Domain Problems: Breadth and depth of education and type of knowledge, both theoretical and practical
- Problem Analysis: Complexity of analysis i.e Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, sciences, and relevant domain disciplines
- Design/Development of Solutions: Breadth and uniqueness of problems, i.e. the extent to which problems are original and to which solutions have previously been identified or codifie Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Tool Usage: Level and appropriateness of the tool to the type of activities performed
- Individual and Team Work: Role in, and diversity of, the team i.e. function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings
- Communication: Level of communication according to type of activities performed.
- Professionalism and Society: Understand and assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional practice
- Ethics: Understand and committo professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of professional practice
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technology working the solution of broadly defined engineering problems in societal and environmental context
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multi disciplinary environment
Q. What is continuous assessment?
Ans.MRU shall follow a policy of continuous evaluation with the objective of training a student to put in sustained and disciplined effort over the entire period of study. This will be in the form of a system of continuous assessment, where in the performance of the student is analyzed throughout the semester. This shall include the following:
a) Three term exams with approximately 25-30% syllabus coverage in first two terms and approximately 40-50% syllabus coverage in term III.
b) Besides formal evaluation there shall be continuous informal evaluation (of assignments, tutorials, labs, term papers etc)for which approximately following weightage shall be used Theory Formal: Informal assessment= 4:1
Practical Formal: Informal assessment=3:2
Q. What are the key dates?
Click here for MRU ADMISSIONS CALENDAR 2020-21
Q. What are the co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities available?
Ans. The Institute has constituted five broad committees namely Technical, Literary, Sports, Social and Cultural. Each committee is further divided into other student-led clubs to conduct various activities. In the Technical group, student branches of IEEE, SAE and ASME at MRU make the students aware of the upcoming new technicalities in Electronics, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering. Apart from the Student Chapters there is also a Management Club and Paryavaran Club. The student Literary committee brings out “EFFICACY”, a Bi-Annual Magazine that show cases the literary talent of the students apart from conducting various other activities like debate, declamation, and essay writing. In the category of sports, various inter college and Intra College tournaments are arranged by the sports officer. The annual technical cum cultural fest is organized by the student’s committee. Among the cultural group, we have SPICMACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth that organizes events (over 5000 annually)of classical music and dance, folk arts, crafts etc. in educational institutions through the world. Manav Rachna Leo Club has been set up to instill among the students a sense of responsibility towards the society.
Q.What is sports infrastructure available?
Ans. The College offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor sports facilities to its students. These include a shooting range, squash court, cricket ground, volleyball and basket ball courts, billiards and pool facility etc.
Q. What are the possibilities of higher studies for a B.Tech student?
Ans. The graduate degree in engineering makes the student eligible to opt for higher education opportunities viz. Masters in Engineering, Masters in Business Studies, Research Studies and Social Studies. We can decide on the field of study we wish to expertise in. For this, we need to prepare well for the entrance exams to get into a good college. Graduate Aptitude Testing Engineering (GATE) is a national exam conducted in India for the same.
Q. Is the campus Wi-fi enabled?
Ans.The College is Wi-fi enabled and equipped with latest computing facilities in accordance with AICTE norms. All computers are connected to the internet with a bandwidth of 45Mbps.
Q. What exposure to research/development is provided to students in the program?
With a long tradition of excellence in research, education and service to the profession, MRU offers research facilities from undergraduate level. Complementary educational and research opportunities are available through the closely associated laboratories, the Project Based Learning Laboratory, industrial visit, internship program and classroom sessions. Our programs provide an exciting synergy of innovative projects and activities. Apart from their role in focusing activities, these programs also facilitate inter disciplinary research, working on projects in Applied Sciences and education with faculty in other departments at MRU.
University has ‘specialized research clusters’ and ‘centre of excellence which provide necessary technical support to students and faculty for conducting experiments and designing and creating new products.
Research at MRU is an integral part of under-graduate and post-graduate education. MRU in collaboration with ACCENDERE Group, a subsidiary of Career Launcher, has joined hands to initiate and promote research and innovation at an early stage of B Tech Engineering and MBA, M Sc and M Tech programs. The initiative will lead to publishable quality research papers in conferences and refereed Journals of repute over a span of two to three years of continued research work. Under this program students are guided and supervised by internal faculty mentors of the concerned departments and also by external specialized expert coordinators from ACCENDERE research promotion group.
Q. What are the opportunities for higher studies for PG Students?
For career- conscious engineers who want to get the best out of the professional sector in terms of money and job satisfaction, further studies are essential.
Master of Technology is a highly rewarding option after B.Tech is over. Representing the next higher educational degree after engineering, it takes the engineers to the higher and more specialized level soft technology. A higher educational degree in the same field of study will lead its holder to jobs which will pay more and include more responsibility and trust. After M. Tech, an engineer, if he/she wishes, can go for a doctorate, which has a big demand in the areas of research and administration in the field of technology with highly lucrative pecuniary rewards and more gratifying work ethic and culture.
Students can also pursue their masters or MS in US universities.US universities offer very advanced & research oriented masters courses in engineering & technology areas. US Universities work on cutting edge & pioneering areas and students can choose to work and study for MS and subsequent PhD there. Students need to take the GRE examinations in general or subject specific GRE. Apart from this they have to take TOEFL exams too.
Q.What are EEPs? How are the students trained for placements?
Ans. MRU works towards enhancing the employability of its students and educating students to embody holistic knowledge, in spire critical & Innovative thinking, possess dynamic, verbal as well as written communication skills, and thereby make them Global Citizens. Employability Enhancement is effected through various programmes:
- EEP and PDP Sessions: The activities currently being performed by CDC include Coaching and Mentoring: Training on Personality Development, Business English, Business Communication and Aptitude Development.
- Employability Augmentation: Conducting Employability Assessments recognized by a wide range of corporate houses helps students get placed.
- Professional Enhancements: Making students participate in activities as Six Sigma, Lean Management, Process Improvement Courses etc. to help them add professional qualifications to their CV.
- Employability Related Events: Improving the Group Discussion Skills of students.
Summer Training: Students at MRU undergo mandatory summer training with a view to expose them to the real world situations where they could apply their learning and sharpen their technical expertise. It involves education beyond the curricula and augments the class room teaching through instructional cum research based laboratory work, project based learning, intense Industrial exposure and hands-on experience on design and fabrication of general products and machine component
Q.What are the faculty/student achievements?
i) Manav Rachna Universityis ‘Advanced Academic Partner’with Infosys Ltd. under their Campus Connect Program (soft skill and technical tracks) since 2009. Infosys Campus Connect Program aims at evolving a model through which Infosys and Engineering institutions can partner for competitiveness to prepare industry ready professionals by aligning and enhancing their competencies with the needs of the industry. The Inspire Faculty Excellence Awards, which is an annual event, were given at Infosys, Chandigarh on 29th June, 2016
The faculty members involved in Infosys Campus Connect Training programme achieved the following distinctions and honours Award for the Distinguished Facilitator:
Ms. Hanu Bhardwaj, HoD Computer Science & Technology Department, won the first prize under the ‘Inspire Faculty Contest for Distinguished Facilitator’ for successfully incorporating Agile Methodology in first year programming courses at Manav Rachna University. A tablet PC has been given as an award. The approach adopted by the department got appreciation from the Infoscions and institute partners.
Silver and Bronze faculty partners:
Thirty one faculty members from MRU have been recognized as BRONZE and SILVER partners under the ‘Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model’ in the year 2015. Noteworthy, ManavRachna University got the maximum faculty partnership awards in Northern region. These awards have been given in recognition of outstanding efforts of the faculty members in successfully conducting Campus Connect activities at the university and undergoing various training programs conducted by Infosys in the year 2015.
Seventeen faculty members have been recognized as bronze partners under the soft skills program. Under technical track, Three faculty members have been recognized as silver faculty partners and Eleven faculty members as bronze partners. The faculty members have been enabled by the Infosys Campus Connect Team for imparting training to the students.
Check Students Achievements