Bachelor of Dental Surgery – MRDC
Sanctioned Intake: 100
DISTRIBUTION OF SEATS
|*Seats to be filled via MCC Counseling under Deemed University Category
*These are tentative division of seats and are subject to change by the State Govt.
BDS – Fee Structure
The candidates shall be required to deposit the following fee on the spot, at the time of physical counselling for admission through Demand Draft. Payment through cheque shall not be accepted. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot immediately after allotment of seat, he / she will lose the opportunity and the seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list.
BDS FEE STRUCTURE-2024-25 (BATCH)
|Student Resource Fee
(Adjustable with Last Year Fee)
|* This security amount is refundable/adjustable in the last year Fee.
BDS Programme is recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, GOI vide Notification F. No. V.12017/ 116/ 2005- DE dated 30.11.2010. (Refer website www.manavrachna.edu.in having a sanctioned intake of 100 students annually)
Those students seeking admission in BDS, must have qualified NEET 2023 exam conducted by National testing agency (selection is based on NEET 2023 merit, adhering to guidelines given by the Dental Council of India), should have secured minimum of 50% is his senior school (10+2) examination (40% for reserved category), should be medically fit and attained 17 yrs of age or more by 31.12.2023.
The duration of BDS course is 4 academic years plus year of compulsory rotational internship.
Syllabus of the subjects of study is prescribed by Dental Council of India and approved by Academic Council of Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad.
The BDS programme is organized around the credit based system of study, wherein the students performance is measured by the number of credits earned and based on the credits obtained by the student, grade point average is calculated as the aggregate of both formative/internal assessment and summative/university examination.
Manav Rachna Dental College (under Faculty of Dental Sciences) offers scholarship to students on the basis of NEET Marks in the qualifying examination as per following criteria.UG Level Course.
|Tuition Fee Waiver
|501 & above
|400 – 500
Conditions for Continuation of Scholarship in Subsequent years.
- Progress of Students awarded scholarship for academic year in subsequent years shall be reviewed after the declaration of the result of the previous years.
For Continuation of Scholarship students shall be required to:
- Maintain a minimum 7.5 SGPA
- Have 85% attendance in all subjects both theory/practical/clinical in each year.
- Applicants should not have been suspended for any grave act of indiscipline by the university.
- No disciplinary action against the applicant is established or pending in case of ragging or eve teasing.
- The applicant should not be receiving any other scholarship from any other source whatsoever, for which a certificate signed by the student & parents is to be provided.
- Hostel Fee: https://manavrachna.edu.in/hostels/
- Transport Fee: https://manavrachna.edu.in/dental-college/transportation/
A person seeking admission in BDS programme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- He / She will attain the age of 17 years or more on 30-12-2023. The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
In case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/ Scheduled tribes/ Other Backward Classes the marks obtained be read as 40% instead of 50%.
- The candidate who have passed qualifying examination from National Open School shall be eligible provided they fulfill the conditions laid sown at ii) above.
- Diploma in Pharmacy and Dresser’s Course are not equivalent to 10+2 for the purpose of admission in BDS course.
Duration of Course
The undergraduate dental programme leading to BDS Degree shall be of 4 (four) academic years with 240 teaching days in each academic year, plus one year rotating internship in MRDC. The internship is compulsory and BDS Degree shall be granted after completion of one year internship.
Process of Admission
Admissions by adhering to the directions of the Government of India, the Dental Council of India on the basis of merit of the NEET 2024. For complete details please visit www.mcc.nic.in (UG Counselling & Demeed University section).
Subjects of Study
Every candidate shall be required to study the following subjects for various professional examinations.
1st Year EXAMINATION
- General anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
2nd Year Examination
- General pathology and Microbiology
- General and dental pharmacology and therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- Pre Clinical Conservative – Only practical and vice voce
- Pre Clinical Prosthodontics – Only practical and vice voce
3rd Year Examination
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral pathology and Oral Microbiology
4th Year Examination
- Public Health Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedic
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative and Endodontics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
Syllabus of the subjects of study is prescribed by Dental Council of India and approved by Academic Council of Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies Faridabad.
The minimum number of marks required to pass in each examination shall be:-
- 50% in theory including written, oral and internal assessment of each theory subject; and
- 50% in the practical including internal assessment of each subject
The grace marks up to a maximum of five marks may be awarded at the discretion of the University to a student who has failed only in one subject but has passed in all other subjects.
Declaration of Results
- The Controller of Examinations shall publish the result of the examination. The successful candidate of the first, second, third and final Prof. Examination will be awarded Detailed Marks Card.
- Successful candidate who obtains 75% marks in any subject shall be declared to have passed “With distinction” in that subject provided he passes in all subjects of the examinations at one and same time.
- BDS Degree with ‘Honors’ shall be awarded to a candidate who:-
- has completed the course in the minimum period; and
- has passed each of the first, second, third and final examinations in first attempt obtaining not less than 70% of the marks in each of every examination.
- A successful candidate of the first/second/third and final examination shall be granted a certificate.
- Migration from one dental college to other is not a right of a student. However, migration of students form one dental college to another dental college in India may be considered only in exceptional cases of extreme compassionate grounds provided following criteria are fulfilled.
- Both the colleges, i.e. one at which the student is studying at present and one to which migration is sought, are recognized by dental council of India.
- The applicant candidate should have passed Ist professional BDS examination.
- The applicant candidate submits his application for migration, complete in all respects, to all authorities concerned within a period of one month of passing (declaration of result) of the first professional Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) examination.
- The applicant candidate must submit an affidavit stating that he/she will pursue 240 days of prescribed study before appearing at 2nd professional BDS examination, which should be duly certified by the registrar of the concerned university in which he/she is seeking transfer. This transfer will be applicable only after receipt of an affidavit.
- Migration is permitted only in the beginning of II year BDS course in a recognized institution.
- All applicants for migration shall be referred to dental council of India by the college authority for obtaining NOC.
- Council reserved the rights, not to entertain any application which is not under the prescribed compassionate grounds and also take independent decisions where applicant has been allowed to migrate without referring the same to the council.
- Compassionate ground criteria
- Death of supporting guardian.
- Disturbed conditions as declared by Govt. in the Dental College area.
|Document Checklist for BDS Admission
|MCC Allotment Letter
|MRDC Print out of Application form Submitted online with photograph
|NEET Admit Card issued by NTA
|NEET Result card 2023 issued by NTA
|Qualifying Examination i.e 10+2 , Must see original
|10th Marksheet/Passing Certificate as a proof of Date of birth
|Migration Certificate, Transfer & Conduct Certificate.
|Character Certificate from the institution last attended
|Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian University, New Delhi for Foreign Students
|Passport /OCI/PIO & Visa copy and letter from the Indian Embassy (only NRI Students)
|Letter from Indian Embassy (for NRI Parents)
|Eight passport size recent colored photograph
|Two sets of attested photocopies of all relevant certificates
|Fee Remittance Details
|Certificate of Medical Fitness in the prescribed performa to be provided by the Admin Office of MRDC
|Residence Proof (Driving Licence/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/ Ration Card.
|Undertaking by the Candidate and Parents for non involvement in the act of RAGGING (Original)
|Affidavit Regarding Fees and Attendance (Performa to be provided by the Admin Office of MRDC)
|The alloted candidate must report to MRDC (Q Flock) / Admission cell (E Block) on or before the last date mentioned in the MCC allotment Letter, along with above mentioned document and fees.