Research at MRU
Research plays a significant role in the process of conceptual thinking, learning and innovation. Since its inception, the Institutions have been striving to achieve excellence in education and research in consonance with the contemporary and future needs of India through meaningful education, original research and leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the Country. With the path-breaking innovations in both its curriculum & research, the Institution is rapidly gaining a legendary reputation globally.
By introducing ‘Research Integrated Programmes’, the University launched a first-of-its-kind Research Incubator at Innovation & Incubation Centre -a whole new concept aimed to take the Institution to the next level and catapult it to the top leagues of innovation-driven institutions in the country. The Institution collaborated with Accendere Knowledge Management Pvt. Ltd. to enable even undergraduate students to participate in research and innovation for producing research publications in high impact factor journals listed in Scopus, Web of Science, Science Citations Index (SCI) Expanded, EBSCO and Social Sciences, along with patent filings and start-ups with constant mentoring from the science, engineering and management communicators. All undergraduate students are given access to research enhancer tools viz. Research Index, Deepdyve platform etc.
Research and Innovation Clusters provide technology and innovation support whereas Incubation helps the students to develop practical business models as startups or spin offs to become student entrepreneurs for working towards Government of India policy of “Make in India”.
The Innovation and Incubation Centre has three Research & Innovation Clusters (RICs), three Centres of Excellence (CEs), one IPR Cell and one Business Incubator (BI) which is supported by nine departments of the University. These units are actively engaged in research projects by adopting interdisciplinary approach in addition to other activities like Competitions & Projects, Publishing, Sponsored R&D projects, Training in Advanced Areas or future technologies, Product Development, Collaboration & Consultancy etc.
Our faculty and students are consistently working in the following areas of research, innovation and incubation activities in collaboration with academia, industries and knowledge partners:-
- Research Incubator for quality publicationsby UG and PG level students in peer reviewed journals and indexed in databases like Scopus, WoS etc. with an emphasis of quality over quantity.
- Research and Innovation Clusters for providing an interdisciplinary platform for the development of prototype for participation both at National and International Competitions.
- Computing Cluster
- Atmospheric & Environmental Science Cluster
- Material Science
- Institute Innovation Council (IIC) in support of Ministry of Innovation Cell (AICTE-MHRD)
- Innovation Cell
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- IPR Cell
- Business Incubator with support of University and NewGen IEDC, Manav Rachna
- Startup Graduated
Technoplanet Pvt. Ltd.
- Startups under progress
Aarkaya Solar Solutions Private Limited
5. Centres of Excellence (CoEs)
1. Smart Energy Centre
2. Daikin Centre
3. Altair Centre (Upcoming)
Ph.D Programme- More than 100 Ph.D. scholars are enrolled under various faculties of the University Broadly, the research activities are going on in the departments of Computer Science & Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Education and Law. For more details you may refer our website for department specific thrust areas of research at https://manavrachna.edu.in/course/ph-d-mru/
Other HIGHLIGHTS OF RESEARCH &DEVELOPMENT WORK:
- More than 300 publications in last three years in SCOPUS Database/ Web of Science/ Science Citation Index/ Eminent Conferences & Seminars organized by leading professional bodies
- Number of Patents Filed/ Published / Granted to Faculty – 23
- Number of Books and Book Chapters published by the faculty – 33
- MoU with more than fifty International and National Institutions of repute.
- Research Linkages: IITD, DU, IITR, Central Rajasthan University (Ajmer), MNIT (Jaipur), NPL, New Delhi