Research at MRU
Research Cluster Of Computing – RCC
Research Cluster of Computing (RCC) has its foundation based on Ideation-Innovation-Incubation-Impact. RCC has been formed to foster research and innovation among students and faculty teams, and applying them for solving fundamental problems in Computing Science and inter-disciplinary areas. The cluster would cultivate a community based on principles of team bonding, socially responsible, technically capable youth that can transform industrial and research based problems into opportunities. The core objectives of the research cluster are:
- Hands-on practical experience through live industry projects
- Funded research projects and publications
- Training students on advanced technologies
- Quality patents and encouraging students towards Competitive platforms.
Dr. Parneeta Dhaliwal
Head, RCC; Associate Professor
Qualifications: B.Tech (CSE), M Tech(CSE), PhD(CSE)
Exp: 15 years
Areas of Interest: Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Analytics, Big Data
Ms. Bharti Jha
Qualifications: M.Tech (CSE)
Exp: 12 years
To usher and nurture dedicated student and faculty teams into research and innovation for handling fundamental problems in Computing Science and inter-disciplinary areas, with projects and publications that have quality, impact and value to the growth of technology and human society.
- To develop faculty-student teams for handling problems in areas based on applications, built upon fundamental theory and methods in Computing Science to foster a culture for Research and Innovation.
- To develop scientific curiosity for achieving success in various advanced engineering areas, by way of learning to innovate in teams with ethical progress on fundamental problems that have an impact to the Nation and the World.
- To integrate R&I with the process of teaching and learning thus developing quality academic practices at par with reputed International Institutions.
- To create an effective work-space for students by supplementing the curriculum with problem based learning, under the guidance of dedicated faculty from diverse domains, in collaboration with industry and academia.
- Cyber Security
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Block chain Technology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Web and Mobile Application Development
- Game Development
- Hands-on Practical experience is provided to the students through Live Industry Projects
- In-House Trainings on advanced Technologies are being conducted , preparing students for National and International Competitions
- Summer Internships are organized for the students, preparing them as per the industry Requirements
- Students work on various novel project ideas, projecting them at various Startup meets and filing for National and International Patents
- Faculty Mentorship is available to the students to work on novel techniques, presenting their work at Conferences and publishing in International Journals of high repute
- Projects & Competitions
- Projects & Competitions
- Research Publications
- Product Development Initiatives
- Funded R&D Projects
- Training in Advanced Areas
2018 RCC Achievements
Android Development Team:
Completed first Swachh Green Faridabad App for Faridabad Industries Association. This app connects Faridabad people for marathon. This app is to be uploaded on FIA’s official website. A team of contributors comprising of FCA students Mr. Chandan Kumar and Mr. Karan Chandra has developed the system under supervision of Dr. Jay Bhatnagar. They have also trained 20 to 30 interested students from FET, MRU and FCA on App Development process.
Web Development Team:
Completed Web Development & Android App for Umeed NGO, New Delhi, under MoU with Umeed Organization. A team of contributors comprising of FCA & FET students Ms. Somaya Dwivedi, Ms. Nikita Popply, Mr. Sachin Kamat & Mr. Rishab Bisht has developed the system under supervision of Dr. Jay Bhatnagar. They have also trained 10 to 15 interested students from FET, MRU and FCA on Web Development process.
Student profile competition
Foldable Smart solution entry:
A team of students comprises of FET students Mr. Chander Shekhar and Mr. Mayank Gupta under the supervision of Dr. Jay Bhatnagar has proposed a solution for foldable smart phone which was organized by US Department of Commerce (Innocentive Skills).
GD Goenka Speed Challenge:
Three teams of students comprise of MRU, FET & FCA students Mr. Palash Dubey, Mr. Pulkit Sharma, Mr. Saurabh Sethi Mr. Karan Chandra and Mr. Chandan Kumar with projects Satvik Food, Energy Advisor & Swachh Green City under the supervision of Dr. Jay Bhatnagar has been selected for GD Goenka Speed Challenge.
Sign of literacy software environment – Linguistic skills:
This is a student’s software package which talks about listening and spoken linguistic pronunciation. This software package is under development with FCA students Mr. Chandan Kumar & Mr. Karan Chandra under the supervision of Dr. Jay Bhatnagar.