Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies (Deemed to be University )has over 10 years of leadership in the field of education. It was established in 2009 with the visionary thought of Dr. O.P. Bhalla. Today MRIIRS is not only providing and contributing in the field of education but also helping the society through its initiatives like community service, Innovation and Research etc.
On-Line Applications will be invited from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral (PhD) Programmes in Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies, Faridabad as per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedures for Awards of M. Phil / Ph.Degree Regulations, 2016 dated 05.05.2016 published in the Gazette of India dated 05/07/2016.
PhD is one of the prestigious programs of MRIIRS, governed by the Council for Doctoral Program (CDP). CDP’s prime function is to facilitate, monitor and assure the quality of research work. With a humble beginning of PhD program in the year 2009 ,CDP now boasts 400+ active scholars (registered) and 165 awarded Ph.D. degrees in the field of Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Education, Biological Sciences, as on today.
CDP mission is to contribute to the development of education through research, teaching, innovation and institution building. CDP has a large number of distinguished faculty whose contributions to research are exemplary.
Applications are invited for Ph.D. programme in Academic year 2021-22 for session January 2022 under following faculties:
- Faculty of Applied Sciences: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Faculty of Engineering& Technology: Computer Science &Engineering , Electronics & Communication Engineering ,Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering ,Biotechnology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Applications:Computer Applications
- Faculty of Allied Health Science: Nutrition & Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Physiology, Biochemistry
- Faculty of Management: Management plus Business Studies
- Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies : Commerce
- Faculty of Dental Sciences: Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Pathology, Orthodontics, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Public Health Dentistry, Biochemistry, Periodontics
- Faculty of Media Studies & Humanities: Journalism, English
- Faculty of Behavioural& Social Sciences: Psychology, Economics, Social and Political Studies
Allied Sciences(Maths /Chemistry/Physics
Electronics communication Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Management & Business Studies
Nutrition and Dietetics
Journalism & Mass Comm
Social Work and Political Studies
NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE
No. of seats are dynamically contingent upon the number of available supervisors & other learning resources.
Council for Doctoral Program
Vacancy Detail for Batch 2021-22
|1||Faculty of Engineering & Technology||CSE||17|
|9||Electronics & Communication||34|
|10||Electrical & Electronics||8|
|11||Faculty of Computer Applications||Computer Applications||14|
|12||Faculty of Applied Health Sciences||Nutrition & Dietetics||11|
|16||Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies||Commerce||17|
|17||Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities||English||5|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||2|
|18||Faculty of Management Studies||Management and Business Studies||10|
|19||Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences||Economics||4|
|Social and Political Studies (Social Work)||2|
|20||Faculty of Dental Sciences||Biochemistry||6|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||4|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||5|
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||6|
|Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge||8|
|Public Health Dentistry||4|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||7|
Eligibility for Ph.D. Program
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of MRIIRS.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Commerce / Medicine / Law / Education / Pharmacy / Management of a recognized Indian University, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil, course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- The candidates who qualify UGC / CSIR (JRF)/MPhil & UGCNET examination/foreign national will be exempted for the PhD Entrance Test.
Duration of the Programme
Ph.D Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the competent authority of University.
The women candidate and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of 2 years for Ph.D in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidate may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Admission & Registration Procedure
The University shall notify well in advance, on the institutional website and through advertisement in at least two (2) national newspapers, of which at least one (1) shall be in the regional language.
The number of seats for admission, subject/ discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission, examination centre(s)where entrance test(s) shall be conducted and all other relevant information, applications for admission to Ph.D. Programmes of its various faculties, for the benefit of candidates.
A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. programme can procure the prescribed application from the University and send the completed form to the University at the address mentioned in the announcement and/or application form.
The application form may also be filled on-line when so announced and/or advised by the University.The candidate must indicate the faculty to which the admission is being sought. In case a candidate wishes to apply to more than one field(s) of research or faculty, separate choices, preference wise, may be mentioned in application form.
- The application received shall be scrutinized for eligibility criteria as laid down in Clause 3 of the Ordinance 8(B).All candidates shall be required to appear in an Entrance Test and Interview to test his/her aptitude towards research.
- The provisional admission of candidates shall be made, based on written test, followed by interview and presentation.
- The date of written test will be announced through the website of the University. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The Entrance Test shall be qualifying with 50% marks.
- The candidates who qualify for the written examination will be given 06 working days to meet the prospective supervisors in their respective departments to discuss their area of research & presentation.
Fees for Ph.D. Programme for Academic year 2021-22, session January 2022
Indian National: (At the time of admission)
Full Time Research Scholar
|Description||Amount in Rs.||Remarks|
|Registration Fee||25,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of registration|
|Course Work Fee||45,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time registration.|
|Semester Fee||35,000/-||To be paid while registering in the beginning of every semester|
|Thesis Evaluation Fee||35,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of submission of Thesis.|
Fee structure for PhD admissions, Academic year 2021-22, session January 2022 for NRIS/PIOs/Foreign students
Ph. D Programs: Course Fee (One time) US $790, Research Fee (Annual) US $ 1800, Thesis Evaluation Fee (One time) US $ 650. From the 3rd year and onwards, Research Fee payable on Semester basis @US $ 900 till the date of final submission of Thesis.
Note:It is further clarified that minimum duration for PhD is 3 years and hence a Research Scholar will be required to pay Research Fee of Rs. 70,000/- per annum for a minimum period of 3 years in two equal instalments per year. If a Research Scholar submits his / her Thesis within 15days from the completion of 3 years from the date of registration, he / she shall be required to pay Research Fee only for 3 Academic Sessions aggregating to Rs. 2,10,000/-. However, if the Research Scholar submits his /her Thesis after 15days from the completion of 3 years from the date of registration, he/ she will deposit the Research Fee @Rs. 35,000/- per semester with the same analogy.
Tentative Schedule for PhD Admission:
Last Date of Receipt of Application
January 7th , 2022(Friday)
Date of Entrance Test
January 15th 2022 (Saturday)
Declaration of Merit on the basis of Ph.D. Entrance Test:
January 18th 2022 (Tuesday)
Respective department to discuss area of research & presentation:
January 18th 2022 (Tuesday) to January 25th 2022 (Tuesday)
Date of Interview/Presentation before respective DRC:
January 27th 2022 (Thursday) to January 29th 2022 (Saturday)
Declaration of Final Result for Ph.D Admission on website:
February 2nd 2022 (Wednesday)
Verification of the relevant documents in respect of eligibility along with fee submission (Merit Candidates):
February 2nd 2022 (Wednesday) to February 17th 2022 (Thursday)
Announcement and admission process for Waitlisted Candidates:
February 18th 2022 (Friday) to February 25th 2022 (Friday)
Last Date of Admission:
February 28th 2022 (Monday)