MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
(under Faculty of Dental Sciences)
Certificate Course in Aesthetic Laser Dentistry – MRDC
|Eligibility||Qualification of BDS / equivalent from a recognized institution from India or overseas, post graduates and dental practitioners.|
|No. of module||Four modules of 3 days in a gap of 2 months. (Total Duration – 1 year)|
|No. of students||10|
|Course Fees||2,00,000/- per student|
The participant will obtain knowledge about various applications of Lasers in dentistry and will be in a position to perform treatment procedures using lasers independently. The trainee will attain thorough understanding of the various parameters that affect the treatment outcome, the science of Laser dentistry and application of the knowledge in clinical practice. The participant will be able to treat all the surgical as well as nonsurgical cases in dentistry with expertise.
No. of module
Four modules of 3 days in a gap of 2 months. (Total Duration – 1 year)
Certificate programme will be completed in 4 modules. Each module consists of didactic lectures and hands on pig jaws, chicken leg pieces, mentor guided aesthetic surgical cases on patients, viz.Gingivectomy , Periodontal plastic and aesthetic surgeries namely frenectomy /frenotomy, vestibuloplasty, depigmentation procedure, pocket sterilization, crown lengthening, photobiomodulation, TMJ therapy, desensitization. A lecture on hard tissue laser application procedures namely bleaching, caries removal, root canal therapy, resective osseous surgeries.
- Introduction to lasers
- Laser physics and safety
- Laser tissue interactions
- Planning lasers in clinical practice
- Market/sell laser dentistry to the patients
- Types of lasers
- Clinical application in dentistry
- Benefits of lasers over other equipments.
- Clinical demonstration on patients with frenectomy /frenotomy, vestibuloplasty, depigmentation,pocket sterilization, crown lengthening ,photobiomodulation, ablation of precancerous lesion, TMJ therapy, desensitization for each participant, endodontic disinfection, disinfection of surgical sites.
- Hands on “Diode Laser” on goat head.
- Introduction to hard tissue lasers and its application.
- Hands on “Hard tissue lasers”.
- Written exam ( Multiple choice questions)
- Final discussion
- Case presentation with (VAS) Visual Analog Scale estimation and Post operative management.
- Certificate presentation