The third edition of Manav Rachna Excellence Awards (MREA) 2019 was held at a glittering ceremony graced by Dr. D P Singh, Chairman, University Grants Commission at the campus of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI) today. Manav Rachna Excellence Awards, organized annually were instituted in April 2017 to carry forward therich legacy of its visionary founder Dr. O P Bhalla who worked ceaselessly to promote quality education.
MREA 2019 were bestowed across eleven genres to stalwarts and achievers for their exceptional and path-breaking vision by Sh. D P Singh in the presence of Smt. Satya Bhalla, Chief Patron, MREI; Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, MREI; Dr. Amit Bhalla, VP, MREI; Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, MD, MREI; Dr. N C Wadhwa, DG, MREI; Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh, DG, MREI; Mr P Dwarkanath, Ex-Director HR, GSK; Mr. H K Batra, Chairman, Perfect Breads; Mr. Ravi Vasudeva and veterans from the industry.
In his welcome address, Dr. Sanjay Srivastava shared: “The assessment process is one of the most robust of any award. A rigorous opinion poll amongst our elite selection committee led by Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh; Sh. S Y Siddiqui; Sh. S K Roongta; Mr. Kishore Jayaraman; Mr. P Dwarkanath and several other corporate and academic leaders is conducted to determine the role models within various domains”.
The stalwarts who were honored on this prestigious platform are revered figures:
- Special Achiever Awards: Team Caeli (Mr. Akash Bhadana, Mr. Vasu Kaushik, Mr. Bharat Sundal, Mr. DipeshNarwat, Mr. IshlokVashistha& Mr. Umesh Dutta)
- Special Achiever Award: MsAshlesha Sharma
- Manav Rachna Alumni Awards: Mr. Roopam Sharma and Ms. Abhilasha Sharma.
- Sports Icon Award: PadmaShri Deepa Malik (Shot put silver medalist at Paralympics, Rio 2016). The award was received on her behalf by her close family member Ms. Parul.
- Young Leader Award: Mr. Anurag Batra, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Business World
- People Builder Award: Mr. Harbhajan Singh, Director General &Corporate Affairs, Honda Motors
- Global Thought Leader Award: Mr. David Coleman, President and CEO, College Board, USA. The award was received by Mr. KunalMehra from College Board
- Corporate & Industry Award: Mr. KanwalJeetJawa, CEO and MD, Daikin India
- Change Maestro Award: Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, AICTE. The award was received by his wife Ms. MadhuriSahasrabudhe on his behalf.
- Nation Building Award: Mr. AtulSobti, Chairman and MD, BHEL
- Faridabad Industry IconAward: Mr. K.C. Lakhani, Chairman, Lakhani Armaan Group. The award was received by Mr. H K Batra on his behalf.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mr. M. Damodaran, Ex-Chairman, SEBI/ UTI. His award was received by Mr. Ashok Ogra.
While appreciating the scientific and democratic way of choosing the recipients of the awards, Dr. D P Singh said: “Success has a few common characteristics which are very evident from the profiles of the revered recipients of the Manav Rachna Excellence Awards. Each one of them possesses the rare traits of humility, team work, problem solving and leadership. I am confident that Manav Rachna Excellence Awards is notjust a ceremony but a tradition for future generations to come.