Manav Rachna Business Incubator conducted its first screening of startups on 18.08.2017 at Manav Rachna International University Campus. The screening committee constituted of 7 members.
4 startups pitched their idea to the screening committee seeking their approval for joining Manav Rachna Business Incubator as MRBI’s incubated startups. All the startups were asked to prepare detailed project reports indicating their business models, financials, and USP that shall be reviewed after 12 days.
The startups were given a detailed feedback on various marketing model adoptions, preparing financials, and building Beta version products for initial set of customers.
The meet was indeed a learning experience for startups in terms of pitching, financial clarity and market acceptance. The following suggestions were given by the committee:
- Hyfn Games was suggested to launch a campaign by going directly to students from different departments and make them download the games. He also assured the involvement of students from management background to assist Hyfn Games.
- Wiggle Rooms (Cooper Station) was suggested to start working on the technical aspects of their mobile application along with preparing a framework of the mobile application in 3 weeks’ time. The team was also encouraged to keep working on designing the office area of Manav Rachna Business Incubator (Q – Block).
- Smart Homes was appreciate for their technical strength. They were asked to get the consolidated outcomes of the surveys conducted by them. They were also suggested to emphasize on their product costs and target markets.
- Sol-Energies was suggested to work on smaller applications of solar installations in the initial phase so as to gain some traction and let the revenues flow. They were also asked to research intensively on their costs, panel installation structures and business model.
MEMBERS OF THE SCREENING COMMITTEE PRESENT:
- Amit Bhatnagar (Director – CRC)
- Hanu Bhardwaj (Head – Department of Computer Science, MRU)
- Y.K Awasthi (Dept. of ECE, Manav Rachna University)
- Hemant Sapra (Assistant Professor, Dept. of ECE, Manav Rachna University)
- Monika Goel ( Chief Coordinator – Business Incubator)
- Amit Seth ( Professor – FMS)
- Bindu Agrawal ( Coordinator – Business Incubator)
- Karan Narula ( Coordinator – Business Incubator)
STARTUP COMPANIES THAT PRESENTED THEIR IDEAS:
- Hyfn Games (Mr. Rakesh Sethi; Mr. Yugank Rustogi)
- Wiggle Rooms (Mr. Abhinav kashyap)
- Smart Homes (Mr. Rit De)
- Sol-Energies (Arkaya) (Mr. Shivendra Singh Chauhan; Mr. Akshay Sharma)