Prof. (Dr.) Mukul Jain, Empanelled Faculty/Resource Person, SEBI; and Professor, J.K. Business School, Gurugram (An institute of J.K. Organization), addressed the students of BBA Finance and Accounts.
The session was attended by Prof. Parul Jhajharia, Dean, DMC; Dr. Pragati Chauhan, HOD, DMC; faculty members and 80 students. The session was coordinated by Dr. Rashi Banerji, Asst. Prof, DMC MRU. It was a very interactive webinar and Dr. Mukul Jain briefed the students about Financial Education and Awareness. He also discussed:
· Role of SEBI as the regulator
· Fundamental characteristics of Investments
· Tax Implications
· Dematerialization of securities, depositories participants, NSDL, CDSL
· Retail and Foreign Institutional Investors
· Portfolio Management and Diversification strategies
· Investments opportunities from student’s perspective
· Investment types: Equity, Bond, PPF, Mutual Fund etc.
· Systematic Risk and Unsystematic Risk.