Manav Rachna Dental College is an institution that believes in expanding the boundaries of knowledge. With the same zest, a symposium on “Interdisciplinary Management of Small Mandibles” was organized by the Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
Craniofacial anomalies such as cleft lip and palate, Syndromic anomalies, jaw discrepancies affect the overall quality of life of an individual as it weighs down on day-to-day activities like eating, breathing and speech. These anomalies are highly prevalent in India across all Socio-economic groups. A number of organizations such as the ‘Smile Train’ work tirelessly towards identifying and treating such patients. A multidisciplinary team comprising of an Orthodontist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Prosthodontist is necessary to manage these conditions. Thus, this symposium was envisioned as a point of convergence for these specialities in order to enhance the knowledge and skills required for the management of conditions which lead to ‘small mandibles’. This was achieved by an exemplary team of key note speakers which included a delegation from Germany which included illustrious member like
- Michael Wolf, Professor and director of the Department of Orthodontics, University of RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Bert Braumann, Director, Department of Orthodontics, University of Cologne, and is a Member of the European Cleft and Craniofacial initiative for Equality in care (ECCE)
- Lethaus Bernd, Director and Head, Department for Oral and Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, University Clinics, Leipzig, Germany.
- Anna Sander, Oral Maxiilofacial and plastic surgery at the University Hospital, Leipzig.
- Annemarie Fritz, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital, Leipzig.
- Friederike Blum, Department of Orthodontics at University RWTH, Aachen.
- Sarah Achterrath, Department of Orthodontics, University of Cologne , Germany.
We were also joined by Dr. Srinivas Gosla Reddy, founder of the GSR Institute of Craniofacial Surgery, Hyderabad, India as a key resource person for this Symposium.
First Dental College in Haryana to achieve NAAC ‘A’ Grade Accreditation
Manav Rachna Dental College (under FDS) is situated in Faridabad at a distance of less than 10 KM from Delhi-NCR Border. The college aims to produce competent dentists, specialists, and super specialists. It has endeavoured to create all facilities conducive to learning and furtherance of knowledge by contribution towards national healthcare delivery system, providing efficient and expert medical services through the associated hospitals.
Recognized Among the Top Dental COlleges
- MRIIRS ranked among top institutions by Ministry of Education’s NIRF Ranking 2021. In Dental Studies; Faculty of Dental Sciences, Manav Rachna Dental College, MRIIRS has secured the 39th rank all-across India.
- Manav Rachna Dental College has ranked No. 10 in the ‘Best Dental Colleges’ in Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIR-2021) by Education Post.
- Faculty of Dental Sciences, Manav Rachna Dental College ranked amongst the Top 11 Private Dental Institutes in India’s Top Professional Colleges Ranking by Outlook Magazine.
To be worldwide leader in Dental Education and Public Health Clinical Practice, with a passion to care for the underserved.
Innovation in Oral Health Education, Research and service to improve quality of life.
A clear vision & commitment to implement policies, programs, services & research to achieve desired Oral Health outcomes for population & provide high quality responsive educational environment that advances cognitive, social, emotional & civic competencies of our students.
State-of-the-art infrastructure for clinical and research work
- Well-equipped first-of-its-kind Mobile DentalVan
- Conducive environment for learning and furtherance of knowledge by contributing towards national health care delivery system
- Well-equipped dentallabs to provide practical exposure to students
- ICT enabled Classrooms