MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Management & Commerce
About the Department
The Department of Management & Commerce inculcates and practices the philosophy of learning-by-working. Students learn to apply the conceptual knowledge through practice and application to identify, evaluate and resolve business management problems and situations.
The Department is graced by faculty of eminence, Prof (Dr) Sanjay Srivastava who is also the Vice-Chancellor of Manav Rachna University and MD of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions. He is an eminent academician, researcher, consultant and trainer in the field of Psychology and Organizational Behaviour.
The faculty of the Department is mostly Ph.D. qualified with varied and rich experience in academics and Industry.
- Priyanka Srivastava is member of AIMA, Jharkhand Journal of Social Development
- Rajat Gera is part of the editorial board for SKIREC Publications, Knowledge Hub, special issue of Journal oElectroniccs Commerce in Organizations, published by IGI Global and reviewer for international Journals published by Emerald ((IJEM, JRIM, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics), IGI Global and Palgrave.
Awards / Recognition / Certifications
- Dr. S. Srivastava awarded International Honorary Research Fellowship for five years up to 2021 at Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki, Finland by Prime Minister of Finland.
- Priyanaka Srivastava was awarded Silver Partnership from Infosys.
- Bindu Agrawal, was certified as Master Business Coach by leading simulation games company, Marketplace® Live, USA.
- Rajat Gera was the conference chair of International Conference on Family Business and Entrepreneurship, Bali-Indonesia, May 3-5, 2017.
- Prof Dr. S Srivastava delivered the Keynote Address at THE 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FAMILY BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ICFBE 2017) Grand Inna Sanur Bali Beach Hotel, May 3-5, 2017
- Prof Dr. Sanjay Srivastava published a book “The Timeless Wisdom from Gita and the Art of leadership” which was launched by Honorable Governor of Haryana on April 4, 2017.
Student Achievements 2017-18
Gaurav Kalra- BBA EFB 2016 III and Pooja Singhla- Alumni MBA 2013-15 batch, MRCE start-up “KrazyKart” received funding of 2.5 Lakhs from MRIU-NewGen IEDC under DST Scheme. The venture was launched in February 2017.
Foreign Knowledge Partnerships
- Royal Agricultural University, UK
- Tennessee University, USA
- Wiley’s India
- Bloomberg Professional Services
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- President University, Indonesia
- Institute of Management Accountants, USA
FIA, FSIA, AIMA, PHD Chambers, CREDAI, BMIC, FICCI, NEN, SIDBI, NIESBUD, NSIC, MSME, NEN, Miles Education.
- Accomplished Doctoral Faculty, Applied research and relevant outreach activities
- Regular interface with Industry leaders and academic experts (Guest lectures and Industry visits)
- Training on financial software, data & support in training, research and pedagogy.
- Multi-disciplinary learning with choice of subjects over and above the core management subjects
- Industry-driven curriculum and pedagogy (case studies, role plays, simulation and business games).
- Focus on applied and experiential learning
- Professional Development/ Foreign language/ Soft Skill Development/ Communication skills is part of the curriculum
- Industry Projects and Internships
- International Immersion opportunities
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of Elective and skill based Courses
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Students should be able to acquire the intellectual and behavioral competencies required for professional and personal success. The learning goals and objectives for the program are :
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – Students will develop critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Communication Skills: Students will learn to communicate professionally and effectively
- Core Business Knowledge – Students will develop functional business knowledge.
- Global Perspective: Students will acquire global awareness and appreciation for diverse perspectives.
- Ethical behavior and Social responsibility: Students will learn to recognize and analyze ethical problems, and take appropriate decisions
- Teamwork and Leadership: Students will develop effective teamwork and leadership skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
We expect our graduates to display the following:
- Business Knowledge: Students should be able to display technical competence in discipline of study as applicable in domestic and global business
- Critical Thinking Skills: Students have ability to devise solutions for structured and unstructured business problems and issues
- Communication Skills: Students are able to conceptualize and effectively present a complex issue .
- Technology Skills: Students are competent in the uses of technology
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Students are competent in conceptualizing and commercializing new products and processes and new business entities.
Students are supported to develop their capabilities and skills to make them employable. The Career Development Cell imparts training in Communication (Interpersonal and Intra Personal), Grooming, Negotiation, Group Discussion, Team Work, and Leadership. The Corporate Resource Center develops relationships with Corporate, NGOs, International Institutions and Government bodies to create career opportunities. Over 150 Corporate offered placement to students in various programs with placement package of up to Rs 7 lakhs per annum for graduates.
Students are also supported in their entrepreneurial ventures for which training programs are organized. The Manav Rachna Entrepreneurship Ecosystem facilitates the creation of new products and services and the launch of new ventures.
The Program is mentored and guided by an Advisory board consisting of renowned and accomplished industry leaders, corporate heads, academicians, practitioners and experts in finance, sales and marketing, energy, construction and environment, entrepreneurship, media, sports, real estate, project management, healthcare and international relations.
- Mr. Mudassir Zaidi, National Director – Residential, Knight Frank India
- Mr. S P S Bakshi, CMD, Engineering Projects India Limited, India
- Mr. Vijay Mewani, Sr Vice President, Project Management, Supertech Ltd, India
- Mr. Kamaljeet Singh, Sr Vice President, Bestech India Pvt Ltd, India
- Mr. Mukul Gupta, Consultant , Project Management, India
- Mr. Abhimanyu Chib, President Sales and Marketing, J C World
- Ms. Christine Sharma, CEO India , Narrowcasters Audio Tours
- Dr. SamehAboul-enein, Deputy Ambassador of Egypt to the United Kingdom and a visiting lecturer on disarmament at London Academy of Diplomacy, UK
- Dr. Andrea Bartolli, Dean, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr. Borislava Manojlovic, Director of Research Projects, School of Diplomacy and International Relations, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, USA
- Dr. Remiguisz Smolinski, Professor, School of Business and Social Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Anil Kashyap, Professor Deputy Head, School of Energy, Construction and Environment, Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, Coventry University, UK.
- Mr. AlokeVatsyayan, Director – Consulting Practices, DMG Consulting Pvt Ltd, India
- Prof. R.K.Chandra,, Senior Adviser,, Mentorship Support Network & MUDRA Loans Scheme , NIESBUD
- Asgar Ahmed F, Director, National Entrepreneurship Network, Wadhwani Foundation
- Dr. Benoit Leleux, Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, IMD, Switzerland
- Prof Roger Healy, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, USA
- Mr. Kapil Dev, Former Indian Cricket Captain
- Mr. Madanlal, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Virender Sehwag, Former Indian Cricketer
- Mr. Abhinav Bhindra, World, and Olympic champion in 10 m Air Rifle
- Mr. Gagan Narang, Air rifle gold medalist in World Cup and Olympics Bronze medalist
- Mr. Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Mr. B K Sinha, IPS, ADGP/vigilance, Haryana Government.
- Mr. Vikrant Gupta, Senior Editor, AajTak
- Mr. Vijay Lokbali, Editor, The Hindu
- Ms . Manjushree Roy, Administrator- Indira Gandhi Nehru Stadium, New Delhi
- Dr. Robert Frye, Director, Wellness and Recreation Center – MMC, Florida International University, WRC 105, Miami, USA
- Mr. Arman P. Medina, Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Kinesiology, San José State University, One Washington Square, San José, California, USA