MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Internship is an integral part of the five years BA. LLB, BBA. LLB & B.COM LLB Programme at Faculty of Law, Manav Rachna University and is governed by Bar Council of India Part IV Rules of Legal Education 2010. As per the norms of Bar Council of India students have to undertake 20 weeks of internship during the BA. LLB, BBA. LLB & B.COM LLB. course. Faculty of Law, MRU is privileged to facilitate internships regularly with well-known practicing advocates, Legal firms, regulatory bodies, judiciary, police, and bureaucracy for the internship opportunities. The internship aims at widening the student’s perspective by providing an exposure to real life organizational, legal and environmental situations. This will enable the students to explore an industry/organization, build a relationship with a prospective employer (advocate), or simply hone their skills in a familiar field. Internship also provides invaluable knowledge and networking experience to the students.
The Internship and Placement Committee of Faculty of Law is very active and assist students to get internships and future placements. The Committee is headed by a Faculty supervising student volunteers who work throughout the year under the guidance. The Placement committee along with students enthusiastically work round the year for networking and relationship building with prospected employer. This Internship Cell governs matter related with internships for students of Faculty of Law and to ensure compliance with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Institution. Special attention is paid on the personality development of the students, right from the first year of LL.B. courses to make them acquire quality legal skills, soft skills and aptitude development so that they gain ability to face challenges in the legal disciplines.
Some of the notable internships secured by the students of Faculty of Law like:
- National Human Rights Commission
- Justice M.L Mehta
- Justice Kailash Gambhir
- Office of ASG of India
- Additional CGM/Civil Judge-Meerut
- District Legal Services Authority, Faridabad
- Supreme Court Advocate on Record
Students are provided internship opportunities systematically every year during the duration of their program, in the following manner:
- First Year: Civil Society Organisations, Public Policy Think tanks, Research Centres at Law institutes, and Legal Services authorities etc.
- Second Year: Advocates / Law firms into Trial Court practice and district courts, Electronic Legal Repositories, LPOs etc.,
- Third Year: Tribunals, Regulatory bodies, Law firms, Legislatives Committees, Advocates practicing at the Appellate Level, High court Clerkship, Legal wing of Political Party, Legal reporting at Media Houses, Electronic Legal Resource Analysis, Student Research Assistantship, Registry of a Court or a Tribunal, practical law application projects undertaken in association with the School of Law, law reforms commission etc.,
- Fourth Year: Law Firms, Corporates, PSU’s and Regulatory Bodies, SC clerkship, any other places of law in action or litigation and management, etc.,
- Fifth Year: depending on the area of interest and the career progression the student can intern in an Organisation of their choice like Law Firms, Corporates, Regulatory Bodies, Judicial Offices, Supreme Court and High Court Judges, Advocates, etc.