MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Q1.What are the different Law Programs offered by Faculty of Law, ManavRachna University? What is the duration of each course?
Ans. Faculty of Law, ManavRachna University, Faridabad offers Under-graduate Integrated Law Programs. It offers Three Integrated Law programs which are BA.LL.B, BBA LL.B, LL.M. and B.Com LL.B. The duration of all the three Law programs is 5 years (ten semesters). An academic year shall normally comprise Odd semester (Aug to Dec) and Even semester (Jan to June).
Q2. Why should Law programs at Faculty of Law, ManavRachna University are superior and thus be preferred over any other Law college in the vicinity?
Ans.Integrated Law Programs have many such features, which make choice of BA.LL.B, BCom LL.B, LL.M. and BBA LL.B offered by Faculty of Law, MRU a natural one. Some of the features are as under:
- Well qualified and hugely Experienced faculty to teach and train.
- Teaching and training pedagogy is devised to promote “learning by doing” & “Out of books” thinking to equip students with real-life skills along with theoretical grounding in law.
- Incorporation of latest subjects and topics of current importance in the course curriculum in the form of optional courses. This process not only widens the choices available to the students but also offers opportunity to obtain up-to-date knowledge.
- Exposure to practical aspects of law through meticulously-structured and finely-executed internship programs and clinical subjects
- Exposure to inter-disciplinary teaching and research. Inter-disciplinary implies Law subject plus other subjects from either humanities, science, engineering or medicine etc. This is possible because of the presence of other departments in the University unlike other colleges where law is offered as a stand-alone course
- Faculty of Law, being Constituent Department of the University, students of law will have the luxury to use state-of-art infrastructural facilities available at the University campus unlike any other law college where such facilities are limited and obsolete.
- The faculty of law has an advisory board comprising of Honble Justice R.C Lahoti (Former CJI) as a chairman and former Supreme and High Court Judges , Former Law secretary to Ministry of Law and Justice, Senior Advocates and other legal luminaries as its eminent members.
Q3. What is the eligibility criterion for admission?
Ans. LL.B.: Pass in 10+2 examination with 50% or more marks in aggregate in 5 subjects. Should have qualified English as a subject
LL.M.: Pass in LL.B. or 5 yr Integrated Law course with 50% or more marks in aggregate. Preference shall be given to the law graduates with experience of 3 years or more.
Q4. Can a student apply for admission if the results for qualifying examination are awaited?
Ans.Students appearing in qualifying examination in the coming year may also apply. Their admission shall however be provisional, subject to confirmation upon obtaining qualifying marks.
Q5. How can I obtain an admission brochure?
Ans.Admission Brochure can be downloaded from our website or it can be purchased from MRU Campus, Administrative Headquarter and city centers in cash.
Q6. What is the process of admission to the program?
Ans. Candidate needs to fill online form at apply.manavrachna.edu.in with the prescribed fee. Admission shall be made on merit on MRNAT.
Q7. What is the deadline for admission?
Ans.The last date for submitting completed application form is given in Admission Brochure and on university website.
Q8. What are the different payment options available for taking the admission?
Ans.Demand Draft , bank Challan and credit Card facility is available. Payment by cheque is not allowed.
Q9. Does MRU arrange for Educational loan through banks?
Ans. Manav Rachna University courses are credible and popular. Educational loans are provided by all Nationalized Banks. Students have to approach the Bank of their choice.
Q10. Is the loan facility available only to candidates who belong to NCR?
Ans.No, loan facility is available for students all over India subject to fulfillment of conditions stipulated by the bank extending the education loan.
Q11. Is there any scholarship/ fee waiver/ free-ship for the meritorious students?
Ans.Yes, According to University norms. For more details: www.mru.edu.in
Q12. What is the prescribed syllabus for entrance exams for students?
Ans.The entrance/ admission test shall contain objective type questions mainly from Maths, General English, General Knowledge and Reasoning.
Q13. Are law programs approved by the State Government of Haryana?
Ans.Yes. Law Courses offered by Faculty of Law are approved by Government of Haryana.
Q14. Are Law programs recognized by Bar Council of India?
Ans.Yes all the Three LLB Courses have been recognized by the BCI.
Q15. What is the fee structure for the course?
Ans. Click here to know the fee structure.
Q16. What is minimum attendance requirement to appear in semester examinations?
Ans.Minimum attendance requirement to appear in end-term examination in each semester is 75% as prescribed by Bar Council of India. For more details please visit http://www.barcouncilofindia.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/BCIRulesPartIV.pdf
Q17. Do I get practical experience while studying law through clinical courses.
Ans.Yes. In fact BCI mandatorily suggests the introduction of clinical courses in the Law programs so as to give students practical experience in law while they are still studying law. In addition to it, Faculty of Law conducts workshops , Moot Court Competitions, Legal Aid Camps in collaboration with High Court & HALSA(Haryana State Legal Services) and other organisations.
Q18. Are there internship programs during the course?
Ans. Yes. There is minimum 20 weeks internship training for each student during the course of 5 years.
Q19. Are sufficient books available in the library?
Ans.Apart from the central library of the University, Faculty of Law library has been adopted by the former Chief Justice of India Hon’ble Shri R.C lahoti. The library consists of rich collection of Law Books , Journals, SCC, Manual , AIR Reports inter alia other Journals and authoritative Texts. Database of National and International Journals and Cases including SCC Online can be accessed in the digital library.
Q20. What are the library timings?
Ans. Library timings are from 8:00am – 4:00pm
Q21. What are the University working hours?
Ans.8:00am -4.00 pm
Q22. Is the campus WIFI enabled?
Ans.Yes. The campus isWi-fi enabled and is equipped with latest computing facilities. All computers are connected to the internet with a bandwidth of 45 Mbps.
Q23. Is course material provided by the University or the books are included in the fee structure?
Ans. Facility of e-library and faculty library is available. The relevant readings and cases may be provided by the concerned teacher online.
Q24. What are the placement opportunities from the campus?
Manav Rachna University has a central placement cell named CRCMC that takes care of the university placements.
Q25. What are various job opportunities after pursuing the course?
- Court Practice at every level from district courts to supreme court
- Law practice in all the Boards, tribunals and other quasi-judicial authorities such as Competition Commission of India or Central Information Commission or Consumer Forums or SEBI or Company Law Boards/ Company Law Tribunals etc.
- Judge Advocate General (JAG)in defense services.
- Eligible for Civil Services exams
- Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
- Solicitors’ Work
- International Law and Diplomacy.
- In-house Counsel
- Standing Counsel
- Legal editors and Correspondents
- Legal Researcher and Author
- Other Endless career Opportunities.
Q26. What are the further study options after completing LLB?
Q27. What is the mode of transport to and from the University?
Ans. University buses are commuting all over Delhi NCR.
Q28. Which is the nearest metro station from the campus?
Ans.Badkalmor metro station and NHPC/Sarai( 6 to 7 kms from the campus).
Q29. Is there any canteen facility available in the campus?
Ans. Manav Rachna University campus has sumptuous multi-cuisine food options at outlets of Hunger Cure, Hot Shot, Hot Embers, Chai Garam, and Nescafe, among others. World famous Subway has also an outlet at the campus.
Q30. What is the anti-ragging policy in Faculty of Law?
Ans.Manav Rachna University has a well defined anti-ragging policy for all its students including law students. University has constituted University level Anti Ragging Committee and Anti Ragging Squads to check the menace of ragging in the campus in conformity with the guidelines issued by the UGC.
Q31. What is the anti-Sexual Harassment at work place Policy of the University?
Ans. Manav Rachna University has constituted a University level Women Cell, which works towards creating and disseminating gender specific and gender sensitive information for creating awareness among the students and staff alike. The cell has been empowered to act as a Departmental Competent Committee to deal with the cases of sexual harassment of women at work place/Institutions as per the direction passed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court and guidelines framed by the Government of India.
Q32. What social/ academic organizations and extra-curricular activities are open to Law Students?
Ans.The office of Dean Students offers various social/ cultural societies and technical committees. Our students are associated with social clubs like Rotary Club, Lion’s Club and Red Cross Society, involved in different social services like blood donation camps and relief camps. Department has formed student branches in association with different technical societies like IEEE, ISTE and CSI. The student branches are regularly organizing competitions and technical events at the regional and national level. Various Guest lectures of eminent legal personalities are organized by the faculty of Law so that the students can get motivated &learn more about this dynamic profession.