MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Department of Computer Science & Technology
The aim of the department is to provide high-quality education along with training the students with all the new advancements in the field of computers. The major differentiators of the CST department are:
- Our teaching pedagogy focuses on ‘learning by doing’ which aims to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Incorporation of new technology in the curriculum aims to bridge the gap of skilled manpower requirements. Focused industry ready syllabi with each vertical defined in the curriculum aim to create a platform for specified fields (Cloud Computing, Big Data, Neural Networks, Business Analytics, Apps Development and Web Development).
- The department has collaborations with many external organizations who work in association with the department to impart education to the students on cutting-edge technology, in the form of summer training and workshops.
The department also takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. It constantly strives to maintain and improve high standards of teaching and research. This endeavour has been successful in attracting and retaining highly skilled faculty members who are now steering the standards and relevance of the programs being offered.
The department has functional research groups in various thrust areas like Soft Computing & Big Data, Data Mining & Machine Learning, Speech and Pattern Recognition, Software Reliability, and Mobile Ad-hoc Networks with the focus on high-quality research and credible publication.
CST Courses Offered
The vision of the CST department is to be a research centric, quality conscious, change oriented technological leader in the field of Computer Science & Technology.
The mission of Department of Computer Science & Technology is
- To develop and impart knowledge and skills in the field of computer science and technology.
- To carry out collaborative inter-disciplinary academic and research activities.
- To create employment-ready human resources.
- To focus on new techniques, tools and technology.
- To encourage and support the generation and implementation of innovative ideas.
- To propagate ethics and responsibility in using computer systems.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Preparation : A broad general education assuring an adequate foundation in mathematics, science relevant to computer engineering.
- Core Competence : A solid understanding of concepts fundamental to the discipline of computer science engineering.
- Breadth : Good analytic, design and implementation skills required to formulate and solve computing problems.
- Professionalism : The ability to function and communicate effectively as ethically socially responsible computer science engineering professionals.
- Learning Environment : To provide student awareness of the life-long learning and provide a familiarity with professional issues in computer science engineering: ethics, emerging technologies, and fostering of important job related skills.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve computer engineering problems.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to implement specified computer engineering problem and test system.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a software, hardware/software component or process as per needs and specifications.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- Graduate who can participate and succeed in competitive examinations.
INDUSTRY ACADEMIA PARTNERSHIP
The department of CST is conscious about bridging the gap between industry & academia and has collaborations with various industries. Testimonial to this is the association with Infosys since 2009 for training the students and faculty members under the purview of Infosys Campus Connect Programme. Under this programme, Infosys certified faculty members conduct special modules for grooming technical skills and soft skills of graduates, as per industry demand.
The Department has adopted Google Specialized courses like Mobile App Development with Android in the curriculum. The department is offering B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Data Science & Machine Learning and Digital Transformation Engineering, in collaboration with Xebia, which is a Dutch based IT company.
Xebia is a specialized global IT Consultancy and Services company focusing on Enterprise development, Agile development, DevOps, and Outsourcing services. The passion for in-depth technology in combination with Lean, Agile and Scrum practices are Xebia’s driving factors and competitive edge. Xebia has separate business units focusing on Continuous Delivery & Integration, Test Automation, Software Craftsmanship and, PaaS/Infra-as-code to provide the most cutting-edge solution to the customers. Xebia works very closely with the most known thought leaders in the field of Agile, Continuous Delivery and Training such as Jeff Sutherland (Co-creator of Scrum), David Farley (Co-Author of Continuous Delivery) and Mitchell Hashimoto (Creator of DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Consul, and Packer). Xebia Group consists of seven specialized, interlinked companies: Xebia, Xebia Academy, XebiaLabs, StackState, GoDataDriven, Xpirit and Binx.io. with offices in Amsterdam and Hilversum (Netherlands), Paris, Delhi, Bangalore and Boston, with employment of over 900 people worldwide. Faculty of Engineering is offering specialized programs in association with Xebia in the area of Data Science and Machine Learning and Digital Transformation Engineering.
Department of Computer Science and Technology offers wide range of services to help and improve student academic work and to enhance student skills. Students of Department of Computer Science and Technology participate in a variety of inter and intra curricular and co-curricular activities. Students have participated at SAP ecosystem awareness quiz, SUMMIT – Model United Nations conference at Manipal, Apps for YU Challenge by Yureka, CodeZen, B-Plan Competition at Amity University, Google Summer of Code, and Microsoft Imagine Cup.
Experiential learning in internship program is a key component in undergraduate studies. An internship is a period of structured work experience that helps the students to upgrade their skills according to current industry trends. Students of Department of Computer Science and Technology enroll in various internships offered by reputed companies. Students have grabbed internship at LinkedIn, Scanta, Envestnet, Google, Coding Ninja, Gigabyte Aorus etc. Some of the students of Computer Science Department have also developed real time projects under TCS remote internship program.
It’s a dream for every student to get placed in reputed company. Dream job opportunity is available for our graduates. CST Department has been consistent in terms of placement records. This department strongly believes that practical knowledge and familiarity with work environment is very necessary for young engineers. Every year more than 90% eligible/willing students get placed in reputed companies. Our esteemed recruiters include LinkedIn, TCS, Accenture, NIIT Technologies, Amazon, Samsung R&D,MobiKwik, Ericsson, HP, IBM, L&T Infotech, Optimus, Open Text, NewGen, Aon Hewiit, Gemalto (SafeNet), Morphus, HCL, CMC, Sunlife, Josh Technologies, SkilRock Technologies, Sagacious, Oxyent, Collabera, Maintech and many more. Apart from these exciting placement opportunities, a wide range of other career options are also available for students like Armed forces, Railways, Banking sector, Telecom etc .
- Eligible students in batch 2015-19: 88
- Students placed: 49
- Highest Salary Package: 12.01 LPA
- Average Salary Package: 3.5 LPA