FAQs – BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Q.1 What is the process of admission to the program?
Ans. Candidate needs to fill online form at our website with the prescribed fee. After accepting the form university will intimate the candidate about the MRNAT examination date and place. After clearing the MRNAT candidate appears for the group discussion and personal interview.
First preference will be given to MRNAT and second preference to marks in qualifying examination.
Q.2 Do we need to submit the original certificates on the day of admission?
Ans. No there is no need to submit original certificates but candidate must produce original certificates/documents on the day of admission for their verifications, failing which candidate shall not be considered for admission. Two sets of self-attested copies of the certificates/documents are required to be submitted at the time of physical counseling as detailed in the admission brochure.
Q3 Is there any reservation policy for Graduate programmes?
Ans. Yes,Manav Rachna University presently follows the reservation policy as under:
- NRI/ Foreign National / PIO seats: 15% in all programmes / courses.
- General Seats: 85% (25% seats are reserved for Haryana domicile students, of which 10% seats are for the scheduled castes of Haryana).
- Kashmiri migrants: 1 seat in merit quota for the programmes.
Q.4 What are our placement initiatives and what has been the record of placement?
Ans. MRU has a central placement cell named CRC that takes care of the university placements.
Major recruiters are: HDFC Bank, NESTLE, Supertech, Apollo tubes, YES Bank, Naukri.com, ICICI Securities, Thomas Cook, Raheja Developers, OMAXE Real Estate. Some of our alumni are placed in Royal Bank of Scotland, Kargil Food, Café Coffee Day, Accenture and Avantor.
Q.5 What are the skill enhancement measures taken by us?
Ans. MRU conducts Employability Enhancement Programmes (EEP) to groom the overall personality of the students. This is affected throughPDP (Professional Development Program) course of 1 credit is offered in curriculum in all six semesters for student’s soft skills and interpersonal skills development by professional corporate trainers
- We have an objective of creating a workforce that has improved skills, knowledge and internationally recognized qualifications that can result in gaining access to employment and enhancing India’s competitiveness in the global market.
- A regular in-semester EEP session by the Career Development Center (CDC) provides skills to the students with an objective of enhancing employability.
- During three years program students are supposed to undergo mandatory real world training in second and third year at the corporate organizations who have collaboration with MRU.
- Foreign Language is a compulsory course for the students of MRU.
- MRU has collaboration with professional organizations for curriculum design, development, delivery and training.
Q.6 What are the co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities available?
Ans. At University level five broad committees namely Technical, Literary, Sports, Social and Cultural under the clans association have been constituted.
- In the category of sports, various inter college and Intra College tournamentsare held.
- The annual management cum cultural fest is organized by the student’s committee.
- Among the cultural group, we have SPICMACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth)that organizes events of classical music and dance, folk arts, crafts etc. in educational institutions through the world.
- Manav Rachna Leo Club instills amongst the students a sense of responsibility towards the society.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC), students aspiring for entrepreneurship are trained, developed and groomed through various workshops, seminars, interactive sessions, mentoring and platforms organized in association with NEN, NIESBUD, SIDBI, and NSIC.
- Innovation and Incubation Center (IIC) under the aegis of AICTE and MHRD (MIC)
Q.7 What is the sports infrastructure available?
Ans. The University offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor sports facilities to its students. These include a shooting range, squash court, cricket ground, volleyball and basketball courts, billiards and pool facility etc.
Q.8 What is Choice Based Credit System?
Ans. The Indian Higher Education Institutions have been moving from the conventional annual system to semester system that accelerates the teaching-learning process and enables vertical and horizontal mobility in learning. As per UGC, Semester Based Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) provides choice for students to select from the prescribed courses (core, elective or minor or soft skill courses). It provides a ‘cafeteria’ type approach in which the students can take courses of their choice, learn at their own pace, undergo additional courses and acquire more than the required credits, and adopt an interdisciplinary approach to learning. It is desired by UGC that the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in India move to CBCS and implement the grading system.
Q.9 What is continuous assessment?
Ans. MRU follows a policy of continuous evaluation with the objective to train the student to put in sustained and disciplined efforts over the entire period of study. This will be in the form of a system of continuous assessment, wherein the performance of the student is analysed throughout the semester. This shall include the following:
- Two term exams with approximately 50% syllabus coverage in first two terms and approximately 100% syllabus coverage in End term exam.
- Besides formal evaluation there shall be continuous informal evaluation ( which includes assignments, class performance) for which approximately following weightage shall be used
Theory Formal: Informal assessment = 4:1
Practical Formal: Informal assessment = 3:2
Q.10 Are the degree programs recognized by Govt., public and private sector.
Q.11 What are the library timings?
Ans. The Timings for Central Library is from Monday to Saturday is 8:00am to 8:00pm and on Sunday it is 9:00am to 2:00pm
Q.12 Is the campus Wi-fi enabled?
Ans. Yes. It is Wi-fi enabled and equipped with latest computing facilities. All computers are connected to the internet with a bandwidth of 45 Mbps
Q.13 What are the key dates?
Ans. Click here for MRU ADMISSIONS CALENDAR
Q.14 When are the classes commencing?
Ans. Classes commencement will be communicated as per the scenario(covid19)
Q.15 What are the university working hours?
Ans. Timings for: classes 8:00am- 3:30pm
Q.16 What is the duration of the semester?
Ans. For a program the academic year shall normally comprise Odd semester (Jan to May), Even semester (Aug to Dec) and a Summer Training period (normally in the months of June & July). The starting and ending dates of the semesters and the training schedules shall be announced in the academic calendar of the program.
Q.17 When are summer trainings organized? Does the University arrange for them?
Ans. During three years program one year will be class room teaching within the campus, while in second and third year students are supposed to undergo the real world training at the corporate and organizations designated and approved by the University. The students undertake summer internships of 4 weeks in second year and 8 weeks in third year under Industry and faculty mentors which are evaluated and credits are awarded for same.
Q.18. Are Parent Teacher Meetings conducted? When and how?
Ans. There are fixed days in the academic calendar for the Parent Teacher Interaction. These dates are reflected in the Academic Calendar for the semester and uploaded on the website. However, Parents are regularly invited for interaction and are welcome to meet the faculty at their convenience. In Covid Scenario the PTM are held online.
Q.19 Are there international student exchange programmes?
Ans. There are student exchange programmes and projects with international Institutions of repute such as Purdue University, USA, Auckland University, New Zealand, for example, students undertook an open elective of Purdue University on environmental sustainability and participated in an International Environmental Project with University of Tennessee, USA titled “A step towards cleanliness”. This project was the combined effort of University of Tennessee, Manav Rachna University, Flame University – Pune, EDI- Ahmedabad and Siddganga Institute of Management & Technology. There are over 80 International University Partners in USA, Europe (NWE University, UK, Lahti University, Finland) , Asia (President University, Indonesia) and Australia (Newcastle University) which have students exchange programs with Manav Rachna University.There are student exchange programmes and projects with international Institutions of repute such as Eureka,UK and GKA Australia. The students get to participate in an International Strategy, Consulting Project in Dubai whereby they learn skills like Quantitative and analytical skills. • Ability to work under pressure and cope with challenging situations. • Good teamwork skills. • Flexibility. • Understanding of business environments and commercial awareness. • Problem-solving skills. • Good interpersonal and communication skills. They visit two local businesses / industries / innovation centers, etc., Engage with the Startup Ecosystem of the city. Attend a workshop on International Networking.The visit ends with a Final Project & Assessment.
Q.20 What are the various specializations offered in BBA ?
- BBA Finance and Accounts
- BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- BBA Healthcare Management
- BBA Operations Management
- BBA Business Analytics
Q.21 What is the exposure to Industry/research/development in the program?
Ans. The department has successfully developed strong tie-ups with various associations like:
- NIESBUD under MSDE
- NSIC under MSMEs
- ISDC (International Skills Development Corporation)
- IoA (Institute of Analytics) under International Skills Development Corporation
- IIC under MHRD
- PHD Chambers of Commerce& Industry
- National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
- BFSI under Skills Council of India
These organizations are associated in curriculum design and delivery through workshops, lectures, training and mentoring of the students who also work on projects.
Complementary educational and research opportunities are available through the closely associated laboratories, the Project Based Learning Laboratory, industrial visits, internship program and classroom sessions. Our program provides an exciting synergy of innovative projects and activities. Apart from their role in focusing on activities, these programs also facilitate interdisciplinary research, by working on projects in engineering, Applied Sciences and education and faculty in other departments at MRU.
Q.22 What are the laboratory facilities?
Ans. Following lab facilities are available:
- Computer Lab with Excel, HTML, RDBMS, R, Python ,VBA, Tableau and other business software
- Communication Lab
- Human Lab
- Online NEN learn wise platform
Q.23 How are the students trained for placements?
Ans. MRU works towards enhancing the employability of its students and educating students to embody holistic knowledge, inspire critical & innovative thinking, possess dynamic, verbal as well as written communication skills, and thereby make them Global Citizens. Employability Enhancement is effected through various programs.
1.Employment Enhancement program (EEP) and Personality Development Program (PDP): The activities currently being performed by CDC include
- Coaching, Mentoring, Start-ups, Industry based Projects
- Training on Personality Development, Business English, Business Communication and Aptitude Development.
- Employability Augmentation: Conducting Employability Assessments recognized by a wide range of corporate houses helps students get placed.
- Professional Enhancements: Making students participate in activities as Six Sigma, Lean Management, Process Improvement Courses etc. to help them add professional qualifications to their CV.
- Summer Training:Students at MRU undergo mandatory summer training with a view to expose them to the real world situations where they could apply their learning and sharpen their managerial skills. It involves education beyond the curricula and augments the class room teaching through instructional cum research based work, project based learning, intense Industrial exposure.
- Group Discussions and Mock Interviews:Students participate in group discussions on current issues. Mock interviews are also conducted regularly to prepare them for preliminary rounds of selection during campus placements.
- Industry and academia guest speakers:Corporate leaders and consultants are invited as Guest Speakers to interact with the students to abreast them with the latest developments in the market.
- Professional Association:For BBA Healthcare Management, leading hospitals of Delhi/NCR such as Asian Hospital, Sarvodya Hospital, Paras Hospital, Metro Hospital,B.L.Kapoor Hospital, and many othersuper specialty hospitals. For BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business, collaboration is with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) and National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC).
For BBA Operations Management with specialization in SCM, Logistics, Project Management, MRU has collaboration with various Industry, Academic, and Professional Associations and Organizations, both nationally and internationally. For BBA Business Analytics has collaboration with Institute of Analytics (IoA) under the aegis of ISDC.
For BBA Finance and Accounts collaboration MRU has collaboration withBFSI under Skill Council of India.
- Industry Projects:Students are encouraged to take up projects with corporates and industry associations.
Q.24 What are the different payment options available?
Ans. Payment accepted through Demand Draft; Credit and Debit card; and NEFT.
Q.25 What flexibility/ installments can a candidate opt at the time of payment of fees?
Ans. Twice in a year
Q.26 How can I obtain an admission brochure?
Ans. Student can download the brochure from website or it can be purchased from MRU Campus, Administrative Headquarter and city centers in cash.
Q.27 Does Manav Rachna offer scholarship for students?
Ans. Yes, Manav Rachna offers scholarship for sports players and meritorious students.