M.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication
- The Faculty has made consistent efforts to introduce research at undergraduate level. To this end, Live Case Studies are conducted with the help of students on topical issues in the first year itself. Surveys of various kinds (Media Habits, Time Spend, Students’ Perception of their University, Voting Campaign Impact, etc.) are used to familiarize the students with basic research tools.
- FMeH is known for its Highly Qualified Faculty Members with wide experience, industry exposure and research orientation
- The Department provides 100% Placement Assistance and is known for its Furnished Studio and Well equipped Labs.
- Enrichment Classes and Value Added Courses are part of the curriculum.
- Academia and Industry Interface along with hands on Training ensures practical exposure for students.
About M.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication
Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities (FMeH) aims at imparting quality education in order to cater the increasing demands of the industry. FMeH has state of the art equipment (camera, edit bay, teleprompter, etc.), a well-equipped broadcast studio and Computer Lab.
Highest Salary: INR 8.4 lacs per annum
MRIU is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
Srishti Rana: BJMC (2009-12) An alumnus of the Faculty of Media Studies, 2012 batch, MRIU, is today among the galaxy of leading professionals in the fashion and glamour world. She reached the apogee of her chosen career by winning the Miss Asia Pacific crown and is the first recipient of the Dr O.P. Bhalla Pinnacle Alumnus Award.
|PROGRAM||DURATION||INTAKE||FEES (per annum) for Indian Nationals) in Rupees||FEES (per annum) in US $ for PIO/NRI|
|MA-Journalism & Mass communication||2 Yrs||20||1,36,000||US $3300|
Criteria for Preparation of Merit list – Preference Wise:
I – Merit in MRNAT 2018
II – Marks in Qualifying Exam
Pass in 10+2 examination /equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects including English as compulsory subject along with 4 subjects with the highest score out of the remaining subjects.