On the occasion of World Refugee Day, the Department of English, Faculty of Media Studies and Humanities organized an Inter-University students’ seminar on the topic ‘Refugee Tales and Forced Migration.
The seminar was held in online mode on MS Teams, which aimed to provide a platform to all willing under-graduate and postgraduate students who presented their original research papers on the very apropos topic of the day.
Around 20 students from different universities participated in the event and presented their papers on the various aspects of the topic. Participants from Gurugram University, Bishop Heber College, Trichy, Sri GVG Visalakshi College for Women, Bharathiyar University, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Auxilium College, Visvesvaraya Technological University, University of Delhi, Alliance Francais de Delhi, and Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies presented their research paper in pairs and many presented individually.
The chief guests and judges for the event were Dr. Ram Avadh Prajapati, Assistant Professor at Department of English, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh and Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Vishwakarma, Assistant Professor at Department of English, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Gorakhpur University.
The winners of the event were: –
1) Vijay Chandel from Sri Aurobindo College, Evening, University of Delhi-First Prize.
2) Kowsalya R M from Bishop Heber College, Trichy-Second Prize.
3) Sanya Sahani and Manisha Maski, from Dept. Of English, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies and Srishti Rai, Dept of English, MRIIRS- Third Prize.
4) Shambhavi and Vishal from Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies- Consolation
5) D. Mirdula Raj from Sri Government Visalakshi College for Women, Bharathiyar University – Consolation.