More than 25,000 students from 250+ affiliated colleges and 75+ universities across India participated in the National Environment Forum 2021 organized by Paryavaran Sanrakshan Gatividhi (PSG).
The Award Ceremony of the National Environment Youth Forum 2021 was presided today by Shri Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. Ms. Aarya Chavda, an 11 year old environment crusader was the Guest of Honour. Also present on the occasion were Sh. Gopal Arya, National Convenor, PSG; Sh. Rakesh Jain, National Sah Sanyojak, PSG; Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI); Dr. H D Charan, VC, Bikaner Technical University; Dr. Sanjay Jain, Chancellor, Bhagwan Mahavir University; Dr. N C Wadhwa, DG, MREI and Vice Chancellors and Heads of many Institutions.
Sh. Prakash Javadekar during his address said: “While we are all in 2021 today, we do not have to panic but we should be more aware. In a country with a population of 130 crore, we all have to move towards “Sustainable Development”, and we all need to think seriously about climate change.We have to consider both the development of the country and the protection of the environment together. We are still using renewable energy, and India is the only country today to operate a biofuel flight from Delhi to Dehradun. And not only this, we have more forests than before and now India is very much dependent on wind energy and solar energy”.
While sharing the details of the event, Dr. Prashant Bhalla said: “Through this event, we have been able to sensitize thousands of youth on their role for the environment. We are very confident that this shall be a game changer in improving the environmental landscape of the country. Our young medal winners and the National Environment Youth Icon have a very critical role. Their contributions hold immense importance in finding innovative challenges to pressing environmental concerns and in inspiring the youth of the country. They are going to be the sculptors of New India”.
- National Youth Icon – DevPrakash Sharma from Chandigarh University
- Best Speaker – Ms. Sayyada Jamal ZehraZaidi from ChaudharyCharan Singh University, Meerut
- Gold Medal – Ms. Kavya G L from St. Francis De Sales Degree College, Bengaluru; Ms. Aishwarya Chandrashekar from Ramaiah Institute Of Management, Bengaluru; and Ms. Namratha P from International School for Business and Research (ISBR), Bangalore University
- Silver Medal: Ms. Chetna Mishra from Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, M.P.; Ms. Suparna Bitasoka, National Institute of Technology, Raipur; Ms. Tanu Joshi fromDr. APJ Abdul Kalam University, Indore
- Bronze Medal: Ms. Sayyada Jamal ZehraZaidi from ChaudharyCharan Singh University, Meerut; Ms. Shrishti Bhattacharya, Chandrashekhar University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur; Ms. PriyaTripathi, M.G.C.G.V Chitrkoot (Madhya Pradesh)
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS) was the host University for the Grand Finale and the Award Ceremony.
About Paryavaran Sanrakshan Gatividhi (PSG): PSG is an all-India group dedicated to protect, analyze and monitor the environment against misuse by the human forces. The aim of the group is to focus on building an eco-friendly society where there is consciousness about planting trees, preservation and respect for the blue gold i.e. water and the menace of Solid Waste generation.