Ministry of Human Resource Development, under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology in coordination with the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has launched National Digital Library.
Institutions having email ID with domain name, .edu.in; .ac.in; .nic.in; .ernet.in; .res.in, .gov.in; .ernet.in; nitsri.net are open for registration. Users having domain name other than the ones listed above, may write to firstname.lastname@example.org for creating an account at NDL. All MREI Associates and students having email id with domain name, .edu.in or .ac.in can now register for this National Asset. Certain key features of the National Digital Library include, Educational materials available for users ranging from primary to post-graduate levels, More than 40 types of learning resources available, More than 13,00,000 items have been authored by 1 lac authors in over 70 languages, Repository integrates content from different India Institutional Repositories and hosts contents from multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others.
Select key resources in the National Digital Library are:-
- NCERT: Hindi and English books of different subjects for the students from primary to class XII
- INFLIBNET: More than 38000 thesis and synopsis reports authored by Indian Researchers from across India
- NPTEL : MHRD Sponsored project that hosts 10,000+ video lectures in Engineering domain
- DLI : More than 5 lac global classic books
- LibriVox: More than 2,00,000 audio books
Visit the National Digital Library portal https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in to register for this brilliant resource and be a part of this great initiative!