The project Fizio has been developed by Veerpal Sharma, alumna, MRIU and Divyanshu Varshney, final year student, MRU, under the mentorship of Mr. Roopam Sharma (Team- Spiro Studios). This project addresses the problems of more than a billion people who are suffering from disability as well as the ones seeking physiotherapy help.
Fizio is an easy-to-use virtual rehabilitation platform designed to aid the rehabilitation process which tracks patients’ progress. It aims to make physiotherapy fun and convenient by transforming existing physical therapy exercises into video games and uses Microsoft’s Kinect sensor to track and assess patient’s compliance. Designed with physical and occupational therapists, each exercise and activity is programmed to maximize recovery in a safe environment. The cognitive and motor activity required in these 3D-full body motion sensing games makes the entire process engaging, keeping patients fit, active and lively. This will lead to a reduction of rehab session costs, flexibility of times, reduce added injuries during transportation and also allows for live chat access to seek medical assistance anytime.
In addition, Fizio can also be used as a networking tool to share experiences. The physicians and therapists can follow-up on the patient’s improvement online via. Fizio.
Following are the outstanding achievements of Fizio:
-TechExpo IIT Guwahati- Spiro studios secured II position at Tech Expo 2016, Annual Techno-Management Fest, Techniche, held at IIT Guwahati.
– Infymakers Award – Fizio recently won Infymakers Awards India edition by Infosys, one of the largest Maker Awards program
– Microsoft Imagine Cup 2016- Spiro Studios was one of the top 8 Indian National Finalists at the Microsoft Imagine Cup 2016, a premier student technology competition wherein more than 20,000 students participated in India
– Top 20 Indian Women Entrepreneur- Veerpal Sharma, Co-Founder, Spiro Studios was recently listed among the top 20 Indian women entrepreneurs by Empower, an accelerator accredited by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
– Africa Region Finalist for the Hype Global Sport Innovation competition RIO 2016- Fizio was recently chosen as a Finalist for the Hype Global Sport Innovation competition RIO 2016 which was held in Nairobi, Kenya on 30th June, 2016.
– International Future Youth 2016 – Divyanshu Varshney, Co-Founder received full scholarship by INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS UNIVERSITY FORUM to represent Spiro Studios’s Project Fizio at IHRUF, International Future Youth on August 24th – September 4th, 2016 in Riau Province – Indonesia.
– Spiro Studios has been invited to Wolves Summit 2016 to be held in Warsaw, Poland and the WE CREATE Challenge Business Model Competition to be held in Kenya.