Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS) successfully hosted Asia’s largest Science Innovation Competition, the 14th edition of ‘International Exhibition for Young Inventors 2018’ (IEYI – 2018) organized by Foundation for Glocal Science Initiatives (FGSI) from 17th October ’18 to 20th October’18 wherein delegates from 14 countries participated.
The Valedictory session of IEYI- 2018 witnessed the gracious presence of the Chief Guest- Mr. Chung-Kwang Tien, Ambassador, Taiwan, and Dr. Rajiv Sharma, Former Head- Technology Mission Division, Department of Science and Technology (DST), GoI along with Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI); Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, MD-MREI; Er Anuj Sinha, Chairman, FGSI; Dr. D.K. Pandey, VC, FGSI; Dr. NC Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS, other senior dignitaries from Manav Rachna, Country heads and delegates from participating countries.
A cultural programme was also planned to mark the concluding ceremony of IEYI- 2018. The performances given by the country delegates beautifully presented their culture captivating everyone’s attention.
Encouraging the students, Dr. Prashant Bhalla said, “In this era of Industry 4.0, such events are a testimony to the dedication and commitment to train and equip students with relevant skills. The entrepreneurial eco-system at Manav Rachna campus is in line with the PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Skill India’ mission and catalyses the development of knowledge and new innovations.” He added, “Innovation is all about making the ideas happen; Innovation is the mindset, and Manav Rachna is at the forefront when it comes to innovation and entrepreneurship”.
Er. Anuj Sinha said, “The projects developed by delegates from different countries are the reflection of the needs of society. Science, Technology and Innovation are the keys to Humanitarian Development”. He proposed to encourage ‘Scientific Exchange Programmes’ to promote innovation at a global level.
Dr. Rajiv Sharma appreciated the ‘cross-border innovations’ at IEYI- 2018 and motivated students to keep the spirit of innovation alive among themselves.
Motivating the students, Mr. Chung-Kwang Tien said, “You are the main actors of today. IEYI- 2018 is a wonderful occasion for countries to get together and exchange their ideas, knowledge and inspiration”.
Various special awards were conferred in all the award categories from Russia, Singapore, Taiwan
During the session, FGSI also announced a new category of Artwork to celebrate 150 years of Gandhiji– ‘Gandhi Artwork’ and delegates of China and Vietnam were awarded for their beautiful and enchanting artwork.
The winning tally of Gold Awards is as follows:
1. Disaster Management– Taiwan for Smart IoT Gas Shutoff Valve – A Device to Keep Your House Safe
2. Education and Re-Creation- Taiwan for Wonder Boots
3. Food and Agriculture- Vietnam for Monitoring and controlling the environment in
aquaculture in cages
4. Green Technology– Malaysia for HYBRID IR CAMPING KIT
5. Safety and Health- Singapore for MyBio: A Medical Services Ordering System
6. Scientific Art- China for ETER Energy Island
7. Technology and Special needs- China for Assistant Education Robots for Acoustic Children
8. Technology and Special Needs– Taiwan for Automatic Washing Dryer for Stoma Bags
1. Disaster Management- Taiwan for Automatic life-saving system in fire
2. Education and Re-Creation- China for The New Multifunctional Compasses
3. Education and Re-Creation- Indonesia for iCare Table
4. Education and Re-Creation- Taiwan for Desktop CNC
5. Food and Agriculture- Thailand for The equipment for reducing humidity from food jar
6. Green Technology- Thailand for Compound Mucilage Packaging
7. Safety and Health- India for Early detection of TB cases leading to early elimination
8. Safety and Health- Russia for Safe Drainage Grid
9. Technology and Special needs- Russia for Rezomatrix Post-Ischemic Patient Activity Restoring Complex
It is noteworthy that special award from China has been conferred upon the project- Tackyon Motorsports by Manav Rachna students. ‘PULSE’ and ‘Safety Seat Belt’ were awarded Bronze Medal under Safety & Health category