To mark the beginning of auspicious Navratri, Clans under the banner of Manav Rachna Life Skills Programme organized Garba/Dandiya eve today wherein both students and faculties danced their heart out and took part in various activities. Dressed in vibrant attires, students and faculties uplifted the aura at the campus.
Commenced with the auspicious lamp lighting, the eve took a musical turn with a musical performance by Deepansh and group. Students performed on various Garba songs taking the excitement to another level. A Fashion Show was especially organized for the faculty members in which they displayed their style statement.
An array of Food stalls were put up by the students of Hospitality and Hotel Administration, wherein the served dishes were appealing to the palate.
Packed with great fun and frolic, the event was a great blast with the audience tapping their feet on the Garba and Dandiya music.
The highlight of the evening was Category Awards for which winners are as follows:
- Best Outfit (Male Faculty)- Dr. N.C. Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS
- Best Outfit (Female Faculty)- Dr. Shobha Srivastava, Ms. Kavita Arora, and Ms. Yashika
- Best Outfit (Boy)- Mr. Anjul Rathi (BPT) and Mr. Dhaneshwar (B.Tech CSE)
- Best Outfit (Girl)-Ms. Chandni (BDS), Ms. Tanya (BDS), and Ms. Drishti
- Best performance- Duet Dance Girls by Drishti, Fashion Show (Noor)- Shriya; and Manjeet for Singing a song