The keynote session of CIAIS-2021 commenced today with the welcome note by Mr. Ram Chatterjee, Assistant Professor, MRU – DoCST.
The session progressed with the address on the topic ‘AI for Social Good’ by Dr. Rajiv Ratn Shah who is functional as Director (MIDAS Lab, IIITD), Director (SigSAIL Pvt. Ltd., India) and Assistant Professor (Departments of CSE & HCD, IIITD).
The presentation encompassed a preamble on AI, delving into deeper details of the domain with the diversified applications of AI in real-life scenario and implementation of its practical application areas like Suicidal Ideation Detection – A Time-Aware Transformer Based Model for Suicide Ideation Detection on Social Media.
Further, into the intricacies of the domain, the multiplicative influence and impact of the multi-linguistic traits and the addressing of the existing lacunas via Artificial Intelligence was discussed in the detail in following respects:
- Unification of Computer Vision, Speech, and Natural Language and its practical implementations.
- Role of Speech, it’s AI-oriented bifurcations in context of the text, vision, and aural was well explored in terms of “extra-linguistic” and “paralinguistic” parameters.
- Applications of AI to address the disfluencies in speech, in normal conversational dialects, was the significant part of the presentation.
- Augmenting the above rationale, mispronunciation detection implicating phoneme recognition problem and non-native accent and handling it
- via AI was well explained.
- The usual ambiguity in the speech was another perspective that added to the discussion.
The session culminated with future research prospects and current perspective of AI with the use of coveted datasets and task formulations demonstrated with demos were remarkable additions to the keynote session.