The department of applied sciences conducted a Faculty Development Programme on Universal Human Values for the faculty members of FET, MRIIRS. Universal human values play an important role in the life of human at various stages including education and career. When a child enters a school, his/her behaviour depends on the home culture that is family circle.
In primary and secondary school life, there is a major influence of friends and teachers on his/her behaviour that is the school circle. When he/she enters the college or professional course, the social circle plays an important role which has a dominant impact on humanity and moral capabilities. The overall personality of an individual depends on these circles.
Therefore education in human values is deeply essential to nourish the moral capabilities in the students and ultimately in society in a positive way. The purpose of this FDP was the same, that is, to inculcate human values in society.
With this background, the FDP was organized:
- To help the students distinguish between values and skills, and understand the need, basic guidelines, content and process of value education.
- To help students initiate a process of dialogue within themselves to know what they ‘really want to be’ in their life and profession.
- To help students understand the meaning of happiness and prosperity for a human being.
- To facilitate the students to understand harmony at all the levels of human being, be it individual, family, social and nature.
- To facilitate the students in applying the understanding of harmony in existence in their profession and lead an ethical life.