B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration is all set to widen the horizon for all the hospitality aspirants who want to make their career in this industry. The unique features include choice-based credit system for imparting knowledge, Faculty with rich industry experience, industry connect and an exposure to the latest trends of the industry.
The Industry driven curriculum is geared to strengthen the foundation and it challenges the students to develop conceptual, analytical, technical and managerial skills thus enabling them to compete and meet the changing needs in the challenging world of hospitality.
1.DEPARTMENT OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT:
Q-1 What all programs does Department of Hotel Management offer?
Ans. Department of Hotel Management offers B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
This course gives students the knowledge and skills to become perfect hospitality personnel. Students gain an understanding of the industry and learn how to identify and act on changing patterns of customer demand. FHM provides the students with a mix of strategic and operational skills that they need to succeed in the role.
Q-2. What are the key areas of the study?
Ans. Key areas of the study are: –
- Food and Beverage Production Operations and Management
- International Culinary Arts and Wines
- Rooms Division and Guest Relations
- Housekeeping Management
- Restaurants, Bar and Banquet Operations, and Management.
- Event Management
- Retail Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Communication and Employability
- Value Ethics & CSR
Q-3 What are the eligibility criteria for the programs offered?
- Pass in 10+2 Examination / Equivalent Examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects including English as compulsory subject along with 4 subjects with the highest score out of the remaining subjects.
- Rank in common entrance exam of National Council (NCHMCT) and Pass in 10+2 Examination or equivalent with at least 40% marks in aggregate in 5 subjects including English as compulsory subject along with 4 subjects with the highest score out of the remaining subjects.
Q-4. Who can apply for Hotel Management at Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies?
Ans-Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is open for students of all streams i.e., Arts/ Commerce / Sciences/ Others
Q-5. What is the duration of hotel management course?
It is a three-year degree course. All through these years you will be trained in all required skills and attitude which allows you to perform all your managerial responsibilities at the best level.
Q-6. What are the timings for college?
Ans-Monday to Friday 9.00AM to 4.00PM
Q-7 Can a student go for higher studies after graduating from Department of Hotel Management?
Ans. Yes, BSc. In HHA degree is as good as the one awarded by any central or state university. A bachelor’s degree holder from this department can also apply for higher studies in any of the Indian or overseas universities.
Q-8 What are the other activities organized at FHM, MRIIRS?
- National & International Seminars / Conferences and workshops from Time to Time.
- Faculty Development Programmes.
- Food Festivals/ Theme lunch
- Student Tours (Inbound & Outbound)
- Tourism Events
- Hospitality Events
- International Chef’s Day Celebration
- International Housekeeping Week
Q-9 How the programs are different from other ones and from other universities?
Ans.The programs being offered under this department is basically is a combination of practical and theoretical knowledge. Apart from the classroom lectures, the thrust is mainly given on practical aspects and therefore, become more interesting and absorbing. The students tend to learn every aspect of hotels and also the art of preparing new dishes and thinking out of the box. The faculty has its own well-equippedlabs (Food Production Lab, Food & Beverage Service Lab, Housekeeping Lab, Front Office Lab) wherestudents get hand on training and practical exposure of doing the tasks. Not only this, the students are also sent to many national events and even to the hotels for understanding the culture or about the departments. In nutshell, the students come out of the university as confident and expert in their fields.
Q-10 What are the various fields one can work after graduating from Department of Hotel Management?
Ans– Career Paths
- Airline Industry (Cabin Crew & Airline Catering/ Flight Kitchen
- Retail Industry
- Human Resource
- Training & Development
- Travel Agencies
- Tourism Sector
- Event Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy, Forest Lodges, Guest Houses, resorts, Kitchen Management Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, MNCs
Q-11 What is internship?
Ans. An internship is attachment to industry or on a project. Internship is scheduled in the 3rd semester in order to help the students to understand the theoretical aspects better . Internship is a wonderful opportunity to gain hands-on experience and to learn more about the real-world applications of an academic discipline. We send students to various hotels for Internships and the concerned organizations sometimes absorb the students in their respective organisation. Student’s performance is a must in this regard.
Q-12. What is the duration of internship?
Ans– FHM, MRIIRS presently offers 17 weeks of internship/industrial exposure during the academic tenure since we have access to a wide range of hospitality establishments from budget to deluxe hotels and other avenues for a hotel graduate with the best brands in each category in India and Abroad
Q-13. Networking is a big part of getting a job in the hospitality industry. Does the Hotel Management program at MRIIRS have clubs or associations which enable students to help?
Ans– Yes! Department of Hotel Management (FHM) has its industry tip up IHG- The Crowne Plaza: An InterContinental Hotels Group Academy with a global hotel chain of over 5,000 hotels. This tie up provides opportunities to the Hotel & Hospitality Administration students to build their hospitality skills and improve their employability.
We also have our own Alumni Groups. Objective of these groups is to provide the opportunity of mentorship, tutoring, networking and overall support to its members. This will encourage, assist and inspire its members to reach their full potential in the Hospitality industry.
Q-14. Are the placements guaranteed?
Ans-Placements are guaranteed to students with prestigious hotel companies, restaurant chains,
travel companies, retail sectors, airline sectors, resorts and many more that suits individual interest and caliber
Q-15. What is the quality of the faculty and what is so innovative in their teaching methodologies?
Ans. The core faculty comprises of distinguished academicians from the best institutions and leading professionals from the Hospitality world with rich industry experience. The faculty lays great emphasis on continuous evaluation by means of well-designed tutorials and practical. Every effort is made to reinforce the concepts taught in the classroom. The faculty members believe in participatory mode of teaching. Apart from teaching, the faculty members have been vigorously pursuing research and have been regularly publishing research papers in various National and International Journals of repute. Faculty members have also attended and conducted many workshops.
Q-16. What kind of grooming programs are offered to the students?
Ans. We organize Personality Development classes to help the students to develop Soft Skills, Career Exploration, Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills and Presentation Skills. We also organize Panel Discussions, News Reading, Group Discussions and Extempore in the campus to make the students’ industry friendly
Q-17 What measures are taken to provide placement to students?
- Department of Hotel Management (FHM) has its industry tip up IHG- The Crowne Plaza: An InterContinental Hotels Group Academy with a global hotel chain of over 5,000 hotels. This tie up provides opportunities to the Hotel & Hospitality Administration students to build their hospitality skills and improve their employability.
- MRIIRS has a well-organized placement cell called Corporate Resource Centre which is doing a commendable job year after year. The department has a special placement facilitator who coordinates with the Resource Centre and facilitate placement opportunities to students as per their interest areas. Also, mentoring sessions are being organized at department level for improving the employability skills of the students.