MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
About – Architecture & Design
Faculty of Architecture & Design (FAD) is the design Faculty of MRIIRS which equips students with the competencies necessary for being creative professional Designers and Architects and exposes them to the aesthetic, technical, social, political and ethical dimensions of the designed built environment. Courses, seminars and workshops which run parallel to studios expose students to various other dimensions of design and architecture. FAD aims to foster an innovative and intellectually vibrant learning environment in the field. The quality of education offered matches the international standards of design education.
- B. Arch – Bachelor of Architecture (5 Year)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Design) (4 Year)
- B.Sc. Interior Design (B.Sc. ID) (3 Year)
- M.Sc. Interior Design (M.Sc. ID) (2 Year)
Salient Features of the Programme
- The Programme of B.Arch is approved by Council of Architecture.
- Duration of the Course. The course is of 5 academic years, (each year comprising two semesters of 18 working weeks each) inclusive of one year of practical training after the first stage in a professional’s office. The 5 years Bachelor’s Degree Course is conducted in two stages.
- First Stage: The first stage is of three years (six semesters) of institutional academic studies. Maximum permissible period for the successful completion of first stage shall be five years from the date of admission.
Second Stage: The second stage is of two academic years (four semesters) including one year of practical training.
- The maximum permissible period for completing the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Architecture for which the prescribed Programme duration of 5 years shall be 10 years.
The detailed semester-wise course structure along with study schemes for the programme is available on MRIIRS website.