MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
FAQs – Department Of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Why to choose a career as an Electrical & Electronics Engineer?
Electricity is the basic need for survival of human beings globally. From household to industrial plants, Communication Satellite Navigation system, Electronic equipment and Computers etc., all require electricity. Electrical engineering is one of the core fields of engineering, always evergreen in terms of scope and job prospects. Electrical Engineering is the heart of whole engineering discipline.
Electrical & ElectronicsEngineering(EEE) is a branch which has interface with all spheres of life covering generation of Electrical Power and associated manufacturing activities in all industries like Steel, Automobile, Traction,Renewable energy and Communication etc.
The EEE branch have boundless career openings in terms of jobs, self-employment and higher studies. Power generation, transmission and distribution, maintenance of electrical drives and control are the potential zone of work for EEE engineers. Due to the increasing demand of green environment renewable energy field is likewise a promising sector which has numerous opportunities.In automation sector also the demand of electric vehicles and smart manufacturing techniques used in the industries has increased the scope of the branch.Alternatively student can also opt to become certified Energy Auditor and Energy Manager by qualifying the exams conducted by the government.
What are the various courses offered in Electrical and Electronics Engineering department ?
Courses offered :
c) M. Tech (Power Electronics and Electrical Drives)
What would be the job profile of an Electrical &Electronics Engineer today?
Job responsibilities include specification, design, development, and implementation of products or systems, as well as research to create innovative products and feasible solutions. This role provides a number of challenges ranging from problem identification and the selection of appropriate technical solutions, materials, test equipment, and procedures, to the manufacture and production of safe, economical, energy efficient high-performance products and customer friendly services.The EEE engineers works on proposing new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products and to design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
What is the scope for further studies in allied areas for an Electrical &Electronics Engineer?
Electrical & ElectronicsEngineering (EEE) is a core branch of engineering study that creates interest and provides right perception and insight into fundamentals. EEE Branch opens up excellent scope for new avenues for adaptation and thus enables pursuit of hi-tech specialization. In addition to the primary fields of Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Engineering, a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical& Electronics Engineering serves as an appropriate launch pad for several allied fields. These include Aerospace Engineering, Nano Electronics, and development of Photonic devices to harness clean alternative sources of energy, designing of smart cities, create Biomedical Instrumentation that saves lives, and develop sensor networks that protect the environment and improve the quality of life. Further, there is ample scope for research and development to make energy efficient devices.
What is unique about Electrical &Electronics Engineering programme at MRIIRS?
In its efforts to provide high quality trained manpower to the industry, Manav Rachna has always believed in imparting education that is customized to suit industry’s demands. With this view, EEE Dept, FET, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies (MRIIRS) collaborated with Mitsubishi Electric India (MEI) and Infineon Technology. Under this collaboration Centre of Excellences are also established. These centers are there to mark new chapter in Manav Rachna’s endeavor to provide a natural synergy between academia and industry .
The distinctive features of the Programme are
- The Centre of Excellence “Factory Automation Lab” supported by Mitsubishi Electric India was established in order to bridge the Industry-Academia gap. The lab is equipped with the latest Programmable logic controllers (iQR set up), which is being used by the renowned automobiles company like Honda ,Maruti, Daikin etc. SCADA software is also included in the centre. A compact 6-axis jointed Robotics training kit with wider range of movement suited for complex assembly and processing tasks in industry has recently been added. The students get trained on these kits by the trainers from Mitsubishi Electric India (MEI).These trainings are certified by MEI which enhances the job opportunity for the students.
- The department has “Infineon Centre of Excellence” in collaboration with Infineon Technology. The Infineon Technology is worldwide leader in semiconductors, offers semiconductors and system solutions for automotive, industrial, and multimarket sectors, as well as chip card and security products. In order to make the students and faculty familiarize with latest technology and to enhance their practical skills lab is equipped with Infineon power converters and microcontrollers.
- Industrial visits to leading industries are organized in each semester to provide practical knowledge to the students.
- Guest lectures by notable personalities from industry and academia are conducted on regular basis to enlighten the students and these lectures tap their creative instincts.
Is there any placement support provided to the students?
There is a dedicated department namely CRCMC, that arrange campus placements drives for the students and Career development cell that provide training to the students for improving their soft skills.
What are the possible job opportunities of an Electrical &Electronics Engineer today?
Electrical Engineers are required in all manufacturing units. All major companies of public and private sectors such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity sectors are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects. The aim of the government for creating smart cities and enhancement in the field of solar energy,electrification of vehicles by 2030 has increased the job opportunities. Electrical Engineers also find job prospects in Design Industries, Production plants, Natural gas plants, Petroleum as well as in Steel and Chemical plants. Many premier Educational and Research Institutions regularly recruit Electrical Engineers as Graduate Engineer Trainees and Management Trainees to work on research projects. Electrical Engineers can also get a job in Major players in Public Sector such as Indian Railways, Armed forces (Technical Branch) and also in Thermal and Nuclear power Corporation Limited.
An Electrical engineer can opt for career in major companies in India such as Manufacturing and designing:
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. BHEL
- Siemens India Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electric India
- Infineon technology
- Asea Brown Boveri (ABB)
- Reliance Indutries (Energy and Power )
- Jindal Steels and Power Ltd
- Larsen and Toubro
- Bharat Forge
- Crompton Greaves
- Essar group of Industry
- Indian Railways
- Jaiprakash Associate
- DMRC ndash; Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Suzlon Energy
- TATA Motors and TATA Power
- General Electric
- Schneider Electric
- Havells India,
- Philips India Ltd
- TATA Consulting Engineers
- BEL Electronics.
- Samsung Electronics
- LG Electronics
Major power generation and Distribution Companies in India are:
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Damodar Valley Corporation
- Jaiprakash Associate
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Rural Electrification Corporation
- BakhraByas Management Board
- All state Electricity Boards
Do the department have any membership of professional societies or department club? Is there any co-curricular activities being conducted?
Yes ,department has Institute of Engineers, India(IEI)- Faridabad MRIIRS Student Chapter (Electrical) All the Faculty members have lifetime membership and Associate membership of IE(India).There is also a departmental club named as Faraday Club. All the students of the department are the members of this club. Various events like technical quiz, Seminars, Paper Presentation etc. are organized under both MRIIRS Student chapter and Faraday Club activities.
What steps are taken by the department to meet the Industry expectation?
In its efforts to provide high quality trained manpower to the industry, Manav Rachna has always believed in imparting education that is customized to suit industry’s demands. By keeping this in view EEE Dept, MRIIRS has signed MoU with Mitsubishi Electric India(MEI)&Infineon Technology.
The Centre of Excellence named “Factory Automation Lab” supported by Mitsubishi Electric India have been set up in the department to bridge the Industry Academia Gap. The Students are given exposure to industrial automation tools. The trainers from Mitsubishi Electric India conducts training program on tools required in automation in the campus as well as at their office in Gurgaon at regular intervals . These trainings are certified by MEI .
The department has “Infineon Centre of Excellence” developed in association with Infineon Technology. The hands on training on the electronic boards used in the company is provided to the students so as to provide industrial exposure. Infineon will offer internship programs, so that the students will have a platform to put their knowledge into practice, expand their professional understanding, and improve their analytical and problem solving skills.
Mitsubishi Electric India has launched a science and technology competition, the National level competition for factory automation skill for engineering students on a yearly basis, offering opportunities for outstanding talents. The competition includes innovative design and application which will be held every year.The students participate in this event everyyear.
Students are encouraged to make new innovative projects and they participate in project competitions organized by Faridabad Industry Association (FIA) every year and Project carnival is also organized in the university annually.
A number of Industrial visits are also organized on a regular basis. Institutes like NPTI conduct skill development workshops for Electrical students in the campus to make them industry-ready.
What are the programs offered to improve the employability of students?
Regular workshops are organized on PLC and SCADAsystems in Factory Automation lab, which have advanced iQR leaning set up including PLC, variable frequency drive, GOT, servomotors and X-Y plotters. Regular Industrial visits to National Power Training Institute areorganized every year to give the students feel about the actual working on a power simulator.
What are the extra activities in which the students are involved for overall development?
- 4th edition of Mitsubishi Electric Cup 2019, the National level project competition in association with Mitsubishi Electric India has been organized in the department from February 14 to 16 th 2019.
- Various skill development program such as Seminars , Expert lectures and workshops on prominent topics of Electrical Engineering, are conducted by the Department.
- Students were encouraged to take part in the Cultural cum Technical Fest and Project Carnival organized by the institute.
- Students are motivated to participate in various Institutional Social Responsibilities like Ek Muthi Daan, , Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan , Blood Donation camp, etc