MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
MRIIRS has its origins in Career Institute of Technology and Management (CITM), an esteemed educational entity, which originated in 1997. CITM was accredited by the NBA twice, first in the year 2004 for three B.Tech Programmes and next in 2007 for four B.Tech Programmes In July 2008, Govt. Of Haryana granted Autonomous Status to the Institute. Subsequently, in October 2008 Ministry of HRD, Govt. Of India conferred “Deemed to be University” status on the Institute and was then named as Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS). The programmes namely B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Biotechnology accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in 2018.
MRIIRS is accredited with “A” Grade by NAAC (An autonomous institution of the UGC). It enjoys unparalleled reputation among all stakeholders i.e. its students and their parents, employers and the community at large. The Faculty has a strong track record of on-campus placements with national and international companies. It has excellent infrastructure. Its labs and workshops are equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and latest computing facilities. At U.G level, apart from the normal B.Tech Programmes, FET offers B.Tech with certain specializations in association with leading industry names. The faculty also offers admissions to B.Tech Lateral Programmes. At P.G level, the Faculty offers M.Tech Programmes in different departments. It also offers Ph.D Programmes. Presently more than 125 research scholars are pursuing Ph.D programme in different departments of FET. Student Exchange Programmes/ internships are also available to our engineering students. All the departments under FET have well qualified faculty involved in both teaching and research. Up to date laboratory facilities are available for both teaching (UG & PG) and research. The computer student ratio in computer labs is 1:1. There are also specialized laboratory facilities for Cloud Computing.
A number of programmes are offered in collaboration with industry: B.Tech Computer Engg. (Industry Integrated) – in association with IBM in the following specializations: (a) Cloud Computing (b) Business Analytics and Optimization (c). Cyber Security and Forensics (d) Graphics & Gaming Technology). The Faculty regularly conducts in depth study on technology trend and brainstorming sessions with industry and their knowledge partners with a view to ensure that the students are kept abreast with the latest developments in Technology.
Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of good number of Elective Courses including Discipline Elective, Generic Elective, Open Electives and Industrial Training have been embedded in the curricula for all the programmes. The course work is supplemented by industrial visits, educational tours and invited lectures from eminent persons from academics and experts from industries. The students/faculty members jointly organize seminars/ conferences under the aegis of student chapters of various professional bodies like Institution of Engineers (IE ), IETE, ISTE, IEEE, CSI, SAE, ASHRAE, and QCI. FET has also organized various International and National Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops in collaboration and support of Govt. Funded Organizations and Foreign Universities. The students of FET have been participating every year in number of competitions with excellent result.
- Team of MRIIRS got top position in the recently conducted robotics championship event at IIT Guwahati (Techniche- Annual Techno Management Festival of IIT Guwahati). Students were awarded with Gold medals, trophies and a cheque of Rs.30, 000/- for winning this event.
- 6 teams were selected from MRIIRS (maximum from any university in the country) for the national finals and two have made it to top 8 teams in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2018.
- Year on year, students of Manav Rachna have been sweeping away the top honours at some of the most prestigious innovation challenges. Following league, our students have bagged the “Jury Choice Award” of the Accenture Innovation Challenge 2018 held at Bengaluru on 1st August, 2018.
- Three projects have been shortlisted for AICTE CHHATRA VISHWAKARMA AWARDS 2018.
- NANOWRAPS (Naturo Plast Startup)
- Team “Tech Kins” bagged 1st position in the MAKEATHON Event organized by “India Electronics & Semiconductor Association (IESA)” during 27th-28th Feb 2018 in Bengaluru. Students were awarded with USD1000 credits from AMAZON AND Digital Ocean.
- Project LOTO from MRIIRS has made it to top 100 projects selected from the country in Renesas GR LYCHEE Design Contest 2018. The second phase is under progress.
- In IESA Make-a-thon 2018, Start-up “Greenity” won the golden ticket to Grand Finale of IESA Makeathon for their smart chair. They will now pitch their concept in Bangalore to be held on December 14.
- In AICTE-Canada India Acceleration Programme (CIAPE) for Women Entrepreneur 2018, Start-up “Nature’s Drop” ranked among the top 60 women led startups In India during AICTE-CIAP 2018 at AICTE, New Delhi.
- Tackyon Motorsports Private Limited- a startup won the special award from China for showcasing their customized electric utility vehicle at International Exhibition for Young Innovators 2018.
- Naturo Plast- a startup won the special award from Taiwan for showcasing their innovative Nano-packaging wrap for food at International Exhibition for Young Innovators 2018.
- Arpit Nigam, a student of B.Com (H) won First prize in Russia in KOYNVE Startup and was awarded 1500 Dollars at Seaside Startup Summit.
- 4 projects were selected in Living Talent Master Piece 2018 event which was held in Dubai during 15th-16th Dec, 2017. Project “Sound Fidelity” has made it to top 3 in this event.
- In Imagine Cup 2017, a Project “SWASTIKA” an NGO connecting web platform was selected for National Finals of Microsoft Imagine Cup 2017.
- Albatros, a startup company was selected to 22nd edition of the “World Electronics Forum” 2017, France.
- The project “LOTO” bagged 2nd position in the prestigious Intel Higher Education Challenge 2017 was awarded with a cash prize of Rs.50, 000/-.
- MRIIRS Team got 2nd prize in IIT Guwahati Technique 2017 Escalade Robotics Competition.
FET has a very good track record of placement of students. A large number of students have been successfully placed in reputed organizations such as TCS, Infosys, L&T Infotech, HCL Technologies, Maruti Suzuki, Huawei Technologies, NIIT Technology, Microsoft, I-Flex, Dell, Oracle, Nokia Siemens, Ericsson, Cease Fire, Escorts, Sandvik Coromant, Wipro, Hewitt Technology, Capital IQ, Data64, Life Cell International etc and have earned salary packages as high as Rs. 8 lac per annum. A good number of pass out students from FET are pursuing post graduate courses in India and abroad.