MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
Accredited as “A” Grade by NAAC, MRIIRS is an institute of international repute, located amidst the Aravalli Ranges in Faridabad. With an aim to imbibe an acumen for theoretical and applied research, it fosters a learning environment equipped with state of the art infrastructural facilities. Knowledge creation and dissemination is committed to train the students with requisite skills to meet contemporary challenges and demands.
MRIIRS has its origins in Career Institute of Technology and Management (CITM), an esteemed educational entity, which originated in 1997. CITM was accredited by the NBA twice, first in the year 2004 for three B.Tech Programmes and next in 2007 for four B.Tech Programmes. In July 2008, Govt. of Haryana granted Autonomous Status to the Institute. Subsequently, in October 2008 Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India conferred “Deemed to be University” status on the Institute and was then named as Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (MRIIRS). Adding to the credence of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET), the programmes namely B.Tech-Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Biotechnology were again accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA under Tier I category) in 2018.
MRIIRS enjoys unparalleled reputation among all stakeholders i.e. its students and their parents, employers and the community at large. FET has a strong track record of credible on- campus placements with national and international organisations. Its laboratories and workshops are equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and latest computing facilities. There are specialized laboratory facilities for Cloud Computing, IOT, Digital Forensic Sciences, Hydraulics, Biotechnology, Structural Engineering, etc.
At U.G level, apart from the normal B.Tech Programmes, FET offers B.Tech with certain specializations in association with leading industry partners. The Faculty also offers admissions to B.Tech Lateral Programmes. At P.G level, the Faculty offers M.Tech Programmes in different departments. It also offers Ph.D Programmes. Presently more than 150 research scholars are pursuing Ph.D programmes in different departments of FET. Eligibility conditions, Number of seats, Fees payable, Criteria for merit list and other details of all the above programmes are given from Page No. 81 onwards in this brochure. Student Exchange Programmes/ internships are also available to our Engineering students. All the departments under FET have motivated, well qualified faculty with numerous years of experience in teaching, research and industry.
A number of programmes are offered in collaboration with industry. Emphasis is being laid on producing industry-ready engineers who understand core-engineering fundamentalsand are also well-versed with the current technologies.These specialization programmes not only provides an opportunity to learn core subjects but also imparts knowledge of technological advancements in that area and looking forward for individuals who are themselves in to the leaders for the new world of cutting edge technologies.
B.Tech Computer Science & Engg in the following specializations:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning in partnership with Microsoft
- Cloud computing in partnership with Microsoft
- Digital Forensics & Cyber Security in partnership with IBM
B.Tech-Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in IOT and Artificial Intelligence in association with INTEL
and M.Tech in Automation and Robotics in association with Mitsubishi Electric India Ltd.
The Faculty regularly conducts in depth study on technology trends and brainstorming sessions with industry and their knowledge partners with a view to ensure that the students are kept abreast with the latest developments.
Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with a basket of good number of Elective Courses catering to the industry demands including Discipline Electives, Generic Electives, Open Electives and Industrial Training have been embedded in the curricula for all the programmes. The competency based curriculum is designed to address the needs and challenges at the local, national and global level that the world has to grapple with today. The course work is supplemented by industrial visits, educational tours and invited lectures by eminent persons from academics and experts from industries. The students are made to identify contemporary social problems and devise innovative solutions as part of their Project Work. Soft skills training is provided to make our students recruitment ready for job opportunities in IT industries and other enterprises. The students/faculty members jointly organize seminars/ conferences under the aegis of student chapters of various professional bodies like Institution of Engineers (IEI), IETE, ISTE, IEEE, CSI, SAE, ASHRAE, and QCFI..
It is a matter of great pride for FET to have Mitsubishi Factory Automation Lab sponsored by Mitsubishi Electric India (MEI) at campus. The objective of the Advanced Automation (Factory Automation) lab is to train the students and faculty on Automation and to encourage Engineering students to take up this multidisciplinary field as a choice of their career & have hands-on experience with la test automation technologies. The lab has world class infrastructure with the latest Robot, iQR set up which includes Q series Programmable logic Controller (PLC), servo, variable frequency drive(VFD), Graphical operational terminal (GOT)2000 and X-Y Plotter. A wide range of applications from transport of mechanical parts to assembly of electrical parts can be performed by the robot. “Infineon Centre of Excellence” has also been set up at the campus wherein the company- Infineon Technologies will offer internship programs to the students, technical support for carrying out Industrial projects to expand their professional understanding, improve their analytical & problem solving skills. Workshops are organized on a regular basis to familiarize students with Infineon’s power management & multimarket products. FET has collaborations with Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Private Limited (HMSI). This provides a platform to students of Mechanical / Automobile / Electronics & Electrical branches to take up research projects.
FET has also organized various International and National Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops in collaboration and support of Govt. Funded Organizations and Foreign Universities. The students of FET have been participating every year in a number of competitions with excellent results. FET always focused on high quality research by providing a very conducive environment which has resulted in high quality research papers, patent by the students, research scholar and faculty members. The Departments also undertake Consultancy Projects from various Governmental and Non-governmental organisations which gives the students exposure to real-life projects. FET always believes in nurturing the creativity and innovation quotient among the learner forsolving complex problems, designing a better solution, exposure to corporate world expectations; gainself-understanding with regards to 21st Century Skills & Competencies needed by corporateworld, life cycle of Product Development through converting ideas into useful marketablesolutions approach.
The Departments at FET in MRIIRS have designed a wide and varied range of high quality extracurricular activities that provide students with the opportunity to enrich their education from an academic, cultural, artistic and athletic perspective and always motivates students to participate in curricular and extracurricular activities, at national and international level.
Some recent Notable Achievements are:
- Won Bronze medal at international Platform of iGEM 2020 ( INTERNATIONAL GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MACHINE) , MIT Boston
- Got Funding (around 7 Lacs) from DBT, Government of Indiafor participation in iGEM 2020
- Won Funding of 10 lacs from IIT Mandi Nidhi Prayas scheme
- Won Youth Jalsa and a funding of 2.5 Lacsfrom NEWGEN IEDC
- MREI team bagged second prize in Finals held in USA and won the Asia Finals of Microsoft Imagine Cup, 2019
- MREI Team bagged Infosys Aarohan 2019 Silver Award.
- 2 Students from MRIIRS were selected for Reality Virtually Hackathon which was held in January, 2019 at MIT, Cambridge, USA and bagged the Best Project Award winning a cash prize of 2500 USD for best use of AR in Industry.
- MREI team bagged second position in ‘Productathon’, an event conducted by IIT Roorkee in Uttarakhand in February 2019.
- Team of MRIIRS got top position in the robotics championship event at IIT Guwahati (Techniche- Annual Techno Management Festival of IIT Guwahati). Students were awarded with Gold medals, trophies and a cheque of Rs.30, 000 / – for winning this event.
- 6 teams were selected from MRIIRS (maximum from any university in the country) for the national finals and two have made it to top 8 teams in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2018.
- Year on year, students of Manav Rachna have been sweeping away the top honours at some of the most prestigious innovation challenges. Following league, our students have bagged the “Jury Choice Award” of the Accenture Innovation Challenge 2018 held at Bengaluru on 1st August, 2018.
- Three projects have been shortlisted for AICTE CHHATRA VISHWAKARMA AWARDS 2018.
NANOWRAPS (Naturo Plast Startup)
- Team “Tech Kins” bagged 1st position in the MAKEATHON Event organized by “India Electronics & Semiconductor Association (IESA)” during 27th-28th Feb 2018 in Bengaluru. Students were awarded with USD1000 credits from AMAZON AND Digital Ocean.
- Project LOTO from MRIIRS has made it to the top 100 projects selected from the country in Renesas GR LYCHEE Design Contest 2018.
- In IESA Make-a-thon 2018, Start-up “Greenity” won the golden ticket to the Grand Finale of IESA Makeathon for their smart chair.
- In AICTE-Canada India Acceleration Programme (CIAPE) for Women Entrepreneur 2018, Start-up “Nature’s Drop” ranked among the top 60 women led startups In India during AICTE-CIAP 2018 at AICTE, New Delhi.
- Tackyon Motorsports Private Limited- a startup won the special award from China for showcasing their customized electric utility vehicle at International Exhibition for Young Innovators 2018.
- Naturo Plast- a startup won the special award from Taiwan for showcasing their innovative Nano-packaging wrap for food at International Exhibition for Young Innovators 2018.
FET has a very good track record of placement of students. A large number of students have been successfully placed in reputed organizations such as TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, Capgemini, HSBC Technology India, L&T Infotech, HCL Technologies, Maruti Suzuki, Huawei Technologies,NewGen, NIIT Technology, Microsoft, I-Flex, Dell, Oracle, Nokia Siemens, Ericsson, Cease Fire, Escorts, Sandvik Coromant, Wipro, JBM, Hewitt Technology, Capital IQ, Life Cell International etc and have earned salary packages as high as Rs. 15 lac per annum. A good number of pass out students from FET are pursuing post graduate courses in India and abroad. A strong alumni base is indicative of the ethos and vision of Manav Rachna that is instilled in every student during the course of his study.