MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
Freeship / Scholarship Policy
The MRIIRS offers Scholarships to students on the basis of marks/CGPA in the qualifying examination as per following criteria:
UG level Courses (Except B.Tech. Mechanical Engg. Industry Integrated)
|90.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|85.00% & above but below 90.00%||50% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80.00% & above but below 85.00%||25% Tuition Fee Waiver|
In case of B.Tech. Mechanical Engg. Industry Integrated
|90.00% & above||50% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|85.00% & above but below 90.00%||25% Tuition Fee Waiver|
PG level Courses other than M.Tech Programme
|80.00% & above||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|75.00% & above but below 80.00%||50% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|70.00% & above but below 75.00%||25% Tuition Fee Waiver|
- Conditions for Continuation of Scholarship in Subsequent YearsProgress of students awarded scholarship for academic year in subsequent years shall be reviewed after end of 2nd semester for continuation, based upon his/her performance in the 1st and 2nd semester. For continuation of scholarship student shall be required to:
- Maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0.
- Have 75% attendance in all courses in each semester.
- Applicants should not have been suspended for any grave act of indiscipline by the university.
- No disciplinary action against the applicant is established or pending in case of ragging or eve teasing.
- The applicant should not be receiving any other scholarship from any other source whatsoever, for which a certificate signed by student & parents is to be provided.
- For purpose of Scholarship/tuition fee waiver, the marks will not be rounded off to the next higher figure and calculation of percentage of marks shall be made on the basis of eligibility subjects in the qualifying examination (same number of subjects).
- In addition, suitable free ship shall be available to high achievers in the field of sports, persons suffering with Thalassaemia Major, sons / daughters of Army Personnel who have been killed in war/ terrorist attack, physically handicapped students etc. on case to case basis.
- Candidates passing out from any of the Manav Rachna Educational Institutions and wards of faculty / staff member of any of the MREI will get one time concession of Rs. 5000/-at the time of admission in any of the programs being offered at Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies.
For M.Tech Programmes there is a Provision of Teaching Assistantship as detailed below: The selected candidates having more than 70% overall marks or 7.00 CGPA in the qualifying examination shall be provided teaching assistantship on the recommendations of the committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Under this provision, such candidates shall be required to engage with Professors/Associate Professors of the University for Practical and Tutorial Classes with total assignments of 8-10 periods/week and they shall be paid stipend of Rs. 10000/- per month with a maximum limit of payment for 12 months during the complete duration of the M.Tech programme.
MERIT SCHOLARSHIP OTHER THAN SCHOLARSHIP/ FREESHIP
In order to motivate the students for better and sustained academic performance MRIIRS offers Merit Scholarship other than Scholarship/ free ship enumerated below, for students securing first , Second and Third positions in the Odd & Even semester exams (based on the amalgamated SGPA/ CGPA) every year for each programme being run at MRIIRS, as under:
|First Position||25% of Tuition Fee or Rs. 25000/- which ever is less|
|Second Position||15% of Tuition Fee or Rs. 15000/ whichever is less|
|Third Position||10% of Tuition Fee or Rs. 10000/- whichever is less|
The following are the guidelines for grant of above Merit Scholarships:
- Any programme must have strength of 90 or more in semester exam to qualify for first, second and third position scholarship; otherwise only a solitary topper shall be given a solitary first position scholarship.
- If the strength of a course is 10 or less no scholarship will be awarded for that course.
- A student shall be eligible to benefit for tuition fee waiver only from one source only.
MOTIVATION AND REWARDS
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies (Deemed to be University), Faridabad aims to make a difference in the accomplishments and success of its students. Through Awards & Medals to the deserving students, MRIIRS provides an opportunity to be the catalyst that sets our students on an upward path. By motivating, rewarding and honoring them, we encourage students to set high goals and meet the challenges with stretched limits. Teach them the value of persistence. And perhaps, inspire a lifelong passion for learning.
Awards & Medals:
- Chief Patron Medal:- Awarded to a female student who best exemplifies the attributes of engaged leadership; inexhaustible optimistic aptitude about challenges and opportunities, integrity, courage and honesty.
- President/Chancellor Medal:– This medal will honor a student who has evidenced significant achievement at International level in the following areas:
1. Research 2. Sports 3. Creative arts 4. Community involvement 5. Professional
- Vice President Medal:- This medal will honor a student who has evidenced significant achievement at National level in the following areas:
1. Research 2. Sports 3. Creative Arts 4. Community involvement 5. Professional
- Vice Chancellor Medal:- This medal will honor a student who has successfully passed out and has the best academic record (highest CGPA) in the University examinations across all UG Programmes offered by the University.
- Academic Proficiency Medal:- Awarded to highest scorer student who has successfully completed the program. This is applicable for each program.
- Student Leadership Medal(s):- Awarded to student(s) who has/have evidenced ability to motivate other students and has/have successfully lead terms for specific organizational goals.
- Outstanding Achievers Awards in the Area of:
1.Research 2. Sports 3. Creative Arts 4. Community involvement 5. Outstanding Achievers Awards