MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
RAC- Research Advisory Committee
To ensure the quality work to be produced by the Scholar, each Research Scholar has a specific/ individual RAC in which supervisor act as the chairperson and two other faculty members who are expert or have interest in the subject area act as the member of RAC. The frequency of the RAC is minimum one per semester to monitor the performance of the individual scholar
We are governed by Ordinance 8 (B) for the entire Ph.D program.
The total number of Scholars awarded Ph.D
The campus at MRIIRS, has a Council for Doctoral Program office, most of the faculty and the library, Ph.D lounge with a well equipped presentation facilities workstations, books, Previous awarded thesis copies for consultation in Thesis Consultation room.
O.P. Bhalla Central Library
O.P. Bhalla Central Library is committed to provide the best possible access to information and this is reflected in the range of services.
Central library, MRIIRS plays a significant role in supporting research programmes offered by various faculties of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions. University library books and journals and provides systematically digitized information.
The library has a well demarcated room for the use of PhD scholars for their use with a copy of the awarded thesis. University library plays an important role in offering support to PhD Scholars which helps in the formation of their research work. It provides various E Resources, E-Journals like Academic eBooks Collection – ebsco, ASCE,(American Society of Civil Engineering), DELNET (Developing Library Network), J-Gate (JET) (J-Gate Engineering & Technology) etc. to enhance the quality of research work and facilitating the scholars in various domains including interdisciplinary research.
The scholars have a direct access to the e resources through their specific email ids. The scholars have an access to the library resources through remote access.
Dr. O.P. Bhalla Central Library offers a platform for research, innovation and development. It has a collection of more than 3, 00,000 documents in print and electronic format.
Key features of the Library Network Include:
- Access to a network of 22 Department, Faculty of Central Library on the Campus
- Fully web-based operations and services
- My Account, Ask a Librarian Service
- Access to over 1,35,000 print books
- e-Readers Kindles
- e-Books package comprising of over 1,45,000 books
- Over 30,000 E-Journals from leading publishers and societies like IEEE, ASME, ASCE.
- Institutional membership of Developing Library Network offering access to over 5000 libraries across South Asia.
- UGC Digital Library Constoritum e-Shodh Sindhu.
- Institutional Membership of the American Library and
- Theses, Project Reports and Dissertations.
In addition to above, the central library deploys:
- OPAC – Libsys Web 7.0 System OPAC address: http://libopac.mrei.ac.in which offers user interactive services.
- Remote access of library resources through Ezproxy.
- Single point of access for Content Management System for e-Learning through Library Portal www.central-library.mriu.edu.in
- MOOCs, NPTEL Video Lectures and Open Access Resources.
- Insta Alert Service that enables users to know immediately any transaction done to their account.
- Current Awareness Service like Book Alert Service, Article Alert Service and Book Review Service
The library remains open 8:00 A.M.- 8:00 P.M. Monday to Saturday and 9:00 A.M.- 2:00 P.M. on Sundays to cater to academic and research demands of its academic community.