MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
MRIIRS has over 10 years of leadership in the field of education. It was established in 2008 with the visionary thought of Dr. O.P. Bhalla. Today MRIIRS is not only providing and contributing in the field of education but also helping the society with its initiatives like community service, Innovation and Research etc.
PhD is one of the prestigious programs of MRIIRS. governed by the Council for Doctoral Program (CDP). CDP’s prime function is to facilitate, monitor and assure the quality of research work. With a humble beginning in the year 2009 , CDP now boosts of 200+ active scholars (registered) and 66 awarded Ph.D degrees in the field of Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Education, Bio Sciences, as on today.
CDP mission is to contribute in the development of education through research, teaching, innovation and institution building. CDP has a large number of distinguished faculty whose contribution to research are exemplary.
Doctoral Program at MRIIRS is offered in the following major fields
The objective of the Doctoral Program is to provide students with skills to identify and research in the prevalent and latest topics in these various fields.
Why MRIIRS For Ph.D.
MRIIRS seeks candidates with good academic background, discipline and with an inclination of research. At MRIIRS, an environment conducive for research, education and personal growth is provided to contribute to original research work.
At MRIIRS, we provide ample opportunities and platforms which fosters interdisciplinary education and research.
The research work is continuously supervised by the supervisor, Research advisory committee and the quality is monitored and improved with the help of Doctoral Review Board(DRB)-a high level quality assurance board. Scholars at CDP are encouraged to complete their research keeping in mind research interests and professional goals.
Depending on the choice, the scholars at CDP join one of the research areas which allow them close interaction with the faculty. At MRIIRS we strictly follow and abide by the norms laid by University Grants Commission and governed by UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.PHIL./PH.D Degrees) Regulations, 2016
The scholars are trained with the most recent/advanced research methodologies to support their work.
Students spend little over 3 years time to complete their research work which includes a rigrous coursework of 6 months at the campus, including the basic courses of Quantitative Techniques and Research Methodology and one subject completely related to their research work.
There is a well-defined syllabus for each subject. The syllabus has been researched and evaluated by the academic leaders from some of the best government universities of the country.
Eligibility For Ph.D. Program
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Commerce / Medicine / Law / Education / Pharmacy / Management of a recognized Indian 3 University, or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil, course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differentlyabled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institution.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology/ medicine / any other professional discipline of at least four year duration after 10+2, with either 70% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of fifteen years of relevant experience in recognized Institute/University /Industry/ Government Organization, may be considered eligible for admission, on the recommendation of DRC, BOS/BOF and approval by Academic Council.
Duration Of The Programe
- Ph.D Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- The women candidate and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of 2 years for Ph.D in the maximum duration. In addition the women candidate may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care once in the entire duration of Ph.D for upto 240 days.
Extension beyond the above limits can be granted in exceptional cases, ie: may be extended by the Vice-Chancellor by a period of two years. A mercy chance can be given at the discretion of Vice Chancellor for another period of one year from the date of lapse.
ADMISSION PROCESS AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- ADMISSION PROCESS
Applications for joining the Ph.D. programme shall be submitted on a prescribed form. The application received shall be scrutinized for eligibility criteria as laid down in Clause 3. All candidates shall be required to appear in an Entrance Test and Interview to test his/her aptitude towards research.
- Announcements and Application for Ph.D. Programme
The University shall notify well in advance, on the institutional website and through advertisement in at least two (2) national newspapers, of which at least one (1) shall be in the regional language, the number of seats for admission, subject/ discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission, examination centre(s)where entrance test(s) shall be conducted and all other relevant information, applications for admission to Ph.D. Programmes of its various faculties, for the benefit of candidates.
A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. programme can procure the prescribed application from the University and send the completed form to the University at the address mentioned in the announcement and/or application form. The application form may also be filled on-line if and when so announced and/or advised by the University. The candidate must indicate the faculty to which the admission is being sought. In case a candidate wishes to apply to more than one field(s) of research or faculty, separate choices, preference wise, may be mentioned in application form.
- Written Test
The provisional admission of candidates shall be made, based on written test, followed by interview and presentation. The date of written test will be announced through the website of the University. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of 5 research methodology and quantitative techniques and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be qualifying with 50% marks.