FMS – MBA Program FAQs AY 22-23
- Where and how can I download the MBA admission application form?
You can fill and submit the online form by clicking the link: https://apply.manavrachna.edu.in/
For further assistance, contact at Admission Helpline: +91-0129-4259000
- How and where is the Admission/Application Form to be submitted?
- A student has to submit the application form online using the Scratch Card provided with the Admission Brochure.
- Alternatively, the applicant can apply online using credit/debit card by completing the form.
- She/he should then secure with herself/himself two hard copies of the submitted application form. One copy should be kept for self reference and other is to be submitted to Manav Rachna at the time of Physical Counseling.
- What is MRIIRS MBA program ranking among B-schools?
- Ranked1st amongst the prominent B-Schools of India by the Competition Success Review 2021
- Ranked 9th amongst the private B-Schools in Delhi NCR by the Outlook I Care India in its MBA Rankings 2022
- Ranked amongst top 100 B-schools by India’s best B-School survey 2016 by Outlook.
- Ranked consistently best Business School amongst top 15 in Delhi-NCR in terms of Faculty, International Exposure &Infrastructure by Mail Today Survey.
- Times of India has ranked Faculty of Management Studies, Manav Rachna International University among the top 50 Management Institutes of the country in the Times B-School Survey 2015.
- Ranked ‘A’ category by All IndiaManagement Association (AIMA).
- Featured by CNN-IBN in ‘Shining B-Schools of India’ – January, 2013 & 2014.
- Ranked amongst top 50 B-schools by India’s best B-School survey 2012 by Careers 360.
- NHRDN & Shine.com:FMS, MRIIRS ranked among the Top 50 B-Schools of India in the 6th edition of the National HRD Network and Shine.com rankings for 2018-19.
- Times of India:FMS, MRIIRS is among the Top 20 B-Schools of the country & among the Top 7 Business Schools of North India as per the Times B-School Survey2019. FMS, MRIIRS is also among the Top 4 Private Business Schools of the country as per the survey.
- Business World: Faculty of Management Studies, MRIIRS is among the top 27 Private Business Schools of North India as per the survey.
- Business India: FMS, MRIIRS ranked amongst top 40 B-Schools of India by Business India B-School survey 2017-18.
- Careers360: FMS, MRIIRS is rated AAA among the Top Business Schools across Haryana by Careers 360 in 2017
- What are the programs offered atFaculty of Management Studies?
Following UG & PG Programs are offered at Faculty of Management Studies:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Dual Specialization
- What is the process for seeking admission to MBA?
Admission shall be made on the basis of merit, consisting of the following parameters:-
a) Marks in X : 10% weight age
b) Marks in XII :10% weight age
c) Marks in Qualifying Examination (Graduation): 10% weight age.
d) Marks / Percentile Score in the Entrance Examinations namely CAT / MAT / ATMA / JMET / SNAP / XAT / MR-NAT/MR-MAT: 25% weight age.
e) Group Discussions: 10 % weight age
f) Personal Interview: 20% weight age.
g) Behavioral skill test 10% weight age
h) Work Experience/ Extra- curricular achievements: 5% weight age
- Do you consider MAT/CAT score for exemption from the entrance test?
Yes, the student will only need to appear in the selection process for Faculty of Management Studies.
- What is the pattern of the Entrance test?
The entrance test will consist of questions on Verbal ability/ Quantitative Aptitude/Data Interpretation/English Comprehension.
- What are the minimum marks required in qualifying exam. (graduation) to be eligible?
Eligibility is 50% marks in qualifying exam (Graduation).
- What is the fee structure?
The total fee for the MBA program is Rs.5,97,000. The fee is payable in four installments (Rs.1, 86,500, II Ints. – 112000, III Inst. – 1,83,500, IV Inst- 112000)
- Is the counseling fee / tuition fee refundable in case of withdrawal of admission?
Yes, Refund is possible if the application for withdrawal is submitted before or on the day of commencement of classes, as per procedure laid down in the Admission Brochure.
- Does MRIIRS assist in obtaining Educational loans through banks?
MRIIRS has a tie-up with Punjab National Bank which provides education loan to our students. But, the candidate and/or his parent must satisfy the Bank requirements to avail educational loan. A cell has been created under Dean Students Welfare, MRIIRS to assist the students in getting the loan.
- What other Facilities are offered by the university?
The university offers many facilities to its students, some of which are – multimedia- enabled, air- conditioned classrooms, state-of-the-art Library, fully wi-fi networked campus, world- class sports facilities (cricket ground, table tennis, lawn tennis court, badminton court, basketball court, football ground, volleyball ground, billiards table, squash facilities, athletic tracks, shooting range), a well-equipped gymnasium, open air theatre, medical facilities, cafeteria and food courts, ATM, campus shop, book shop.
- Does the University offer any scholarships to meritorious candidates?
PG level Programme (other than MDS programme)
|Marks / CGPA in Qualifying Examination||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|85% and above||100%|
|80% to 84.99%||50%|
|75% to 79.99%||25%|
|70% to 74.99%||10%|
Candidate in PG programmes can be associated with faculty member for proper grooming, mentorship and providing assistance to the faculty for students of UG programmes as and when required.
- C) Free ship /Scholarships to students seeking admission for MBA programmes on the basis their CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA-2022 Score/Marks as per following criteria
On the basis of CAT-2022
|CAT-2022 Score / Marks||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|80% and above||100%|
|75% to 79.99%||50%|
|70% to 74.99%||25%|
On the basis of MAT/CMAT/ATMA-2022
|MAT/CMAT/ATMA-2022 Score / Marks||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|95% and above||100%|
|90% to 94.99%||50%|
|85% to 89.99%||25%|
- What is the internship and final placement support at FMS?
FMS provides assistance for internship and final placements for all students who register for the campus placement process. The Corporate Relations and Career Management Centre (Placement Cell) of MRIIRS assists recruiters in taking appropriate hiring decisions while supporting students in making strategic career choices.
- What are the salary packages offered?
The salary packages for MBA students have been increasing steadily with time. Highest salary package Offered: INR 15 LPA
- Which companies visit for campus placements?
Every year, more than 100 companies visit the campus for placements. Some of these are: –
Amazon, IBM, EY, ICICI Bank, Airtel, Indiabulls, American Express, HT Media, KPMG, Fortis, Copal Partners, Bank of America, BYJU’s, Zomato, Business World, Ericsson
- Do you have any knowledge partners and international academic affiliations?
MRIIRS has an International Education Centre which works for academic collaborations with reputed international institutions. Relevant programmes are shortlisted for MBA students, after rigorous mapping of the courses and syllabi.
- Where is MRIIRS campus located?
MRIIRS is located on Delhi –Suraj-Kund road, Sector- 43, Faridabad. It is easily accessible from either Badkal Chowk (Manav Rachna- Badkal Mor Metro Station) or NHPC Chowk on Mathura Road (NH-2), or via Charmwood Village near Badarpur Border. For further details, you may like to refer to the map provided on the MRIIRS website.
- Is there any transportation facility available in MRIIRS for day scholars?
MRIIRS has excellent bus transportation facilities for staff, faculty members& students throughout Delhi-NCR.
MRIIRS is well connected with road and metro transportation.
- Do you have foreign language as part of the program?
Yes, German and French languages are an integral part of the programs.
- What are the specializations offered in the MBA program?
The areas of specialization offered to students are:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Events & Media
- Business Analytics
- Operations Management
- Banking and Insurance
New areas may be included, as per the requirements of the industry.
- Are there any opportunities provided to students for online or self paced learning?
Students are encouraged to take up courses through online learning platforms such as the UGC’s SWAYAM for MOOCs. Students may complete these courses and earn credits as a part of the program.
- How does the MBA program promote entrepreneurship and innovation among students?
The MBA program seeks to develop the spirit of entrepreneurship among students. One of the specialization areas is Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management. The department has an entrepreneurship cell called Udyam which organizes motivational lectures, camps and competitive events.
MRIIRS has a centre for incubation and innovation where promising business ideas are nurtured. The required support is provided for success of such budding ideas and small units which are proposed by students.
- What kind of support is available for discussing career path and individual candidatures?
The MBA program has a robust mentoring system. Each student is guided by respective faculty mentors throughout the program.
- What specific inputs are provided for preparing students to take up placement opportunities and selection processes?
As the student joins the MBA program, the department starts to work on enhancing their capabilities. A few initiatives taken for this are listed below:
- 4 modules on professional competency (one in each semester)
- Formal courses on business communication and workshops for spoken English (conducted by trained experts)
- Workshops for aptitude training and reasoning
- Exposure to industry through live projects
- Mock group discussions and personal interviews
- Domain specific preparation through question banks
- Rigorous training for communication skills
- Are there any options for students to take up interdisciplinary courses?
The MBA curriculum has been designed in such a way that it includes courses from a variety of areas- all providing a holistic perspective towards the knowledge of management as a discipline. Further, if a student wishes to pursue a course in any area beyond the curriculum, he/she may take up the ‘course of independent study’ or ‘activity based study credits’. The student shall carry on work under mentorship of an allocated faculty guide and credits shall be provided as prescribed.
- Do the classroom sessions include participation from students?
Each of the classroom sessions includes an activity. Faculty members involve students in the conduct of these activities, as this enhances their understanding, and enables critical thinking and problem solving.
- How do students learn about the ways in which businesses function?
Typically, each of the courses includes case studies, which are embedded into the curriculum. Every course also includes regular analysis of current developments through newspaper analysis sessions. Experts from industry regularly visit the department and discuss regarding their experiences in specific profiles. Industry visits are organized regularly, so that students experience the way in which the industry operates.
For further information on the various programs at FMS, please visit: https://manavrachna.edu.in/international-institute-of-research-and-studies/management/