Dr. Pritam Paritosh Paul
Qualification: MSc (Geology), PhD (Sedimentology, Sequence Stratigraphy)
Field of specialization:
- Sedimentology: (Clastic and Chemical)
- Sequence stratigraphy
- Sedimentary facies and basin modelling in Paleoproterozoic Gwalior and Bijawar Basin
- Geochemistry and Isotopes studies of chemical sediments (BIF, Phosphorite, Manganese, Carbonates etc) in Late Archean to late Proterozoic basin of peninsula India.
Membership of the academic, scientific and professional bodies:
- International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS)
- Society of Economic and Paleontologists and Minerologists ( Society for Sediementary Geology) SEPM
Honors / Awards conferred:
- Recipient of Dr. D. S. Kothari Fellowship 2019, University Grant Commission, Government of India
- Recipient of National Post Doc. Fellow, Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Recipient of Senior Research Fellowship (SRF, 2014 – 2017), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India.
- Second prize for poster presentation during National seminar on Modern and Paleosediments and XXVIII Convention of Indian Association of Sedimentologists (IAS), 24-26 Nov., 2011, J.N.U, New Delhi, Delhi.
- Second Merit in Master of Science (Geology) from SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, Maharashtra.
- Third prize for Science and Technology Exhibition (Demo) on “More Crop Per Drop” National Science Day-2007 from SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, Maharashtra.
No. of Publication: 5
- ParthaPratim Chakraborty, JoydipMukhopadhyay, Pritam P. Paul, Dhiraj Mohan Banerjee, Melinda K. Bera, 2019. Early atmosphere and Hydrosphere oxygenation: clues from Precambrian paleosols and sedimentary records of India. Episodes: Journal of International Geoscience,43 (1), pp.175-186 https://doi.org/10.18814/epiiugs/2020/020011
- ParthaPratim Chakraborty, Sampat K. Tandon, SagnikBasu Roy, SubhojitSaha andPritam P. Paul, 2019. Proterozoic Sedimentary basins of India. Gupta, S. K. Tandon (eds.), Geodynamics of the Indian Plate, pp. 145-177 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15989-4_4
- ParthaPratim Chakraborty, Naresh Chandra Pant and Pritam P. Paul, 2015. Controls on sedimentation in Indian Paleoproterozoic Basins-Clues from the Gwalior and Bijawar basins, central India. Geological Society of London, Memoir, 43, p.67-83.
- ParthaPratim Chakraborty and Pritam Paul, 2014. Depositional character of a dry-climate alluvial fan system from Palaeoproterozoic rift setting using facies architecture and palaeohydraulics: Example from the Par Formation, Gwalior Group, central India. Journal of Asian Earth Science, 91, p.298–315.
- ParthaPratim Chakraborty, Priyabrata Das, SubhojitSaha, Kaushik Das,
ShrutiRanjan Mishra and Pritam Paul, 2012. Microbial mat related structures (MRS) from Mesoproterozoic Chhattisgarh and Khariar basins, central India and their bearing onshallow marine sedimentation. Episodes: Journal of International Geoscience, vol.35 (4), p. 513-523.