Dr. Megha Mittal
Associate Professor and MRU Ph.D. Program
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D, Defence R&D Establishment, Gwalior
Dr. Megha Mittal did her M.Sc., Chemistry from Jiwaji University and Ph.D. from Defence R & D Establishment, Gwalior. She has over 13 years of experience including research, academics and industry. She qualified CSIR-SRF and worked as Senior Research Fellow at Defence R&D Establishment Gwalior. She completed various projects based on heavy metal toxicity and heavy metal remediation funded by CSIR, AYUSH, DRDE and MRCE. Dr. Mittal has 33 research papers in peer reviewed International and National journals and 3 Book Chapters in Elsevier and Royal Society of Chemistry Publications.
Dr. Mittal joined MRU (Ernst while Manav Rachna College of Engg) as Assistant Professor in January 2011 and currently working as Head, Department of Chemistry. She is also handling additional responsibility as Coordinator, Doctoral Programs, MRU.
She is certified Analytical Chemist and certified trainer for GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) by WHO and UNDP. She is Member Editorial Board and Advisory Board of various International Journals such as Journal of Environmental Biology, Oxidants and Antioxidants in Medical Science, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Free Radicals and Antioxidants etc. She has Mission 10X Learning Approach Practitioner Certificate to her credits.
Her current research interests are: Green Chemistry, Water Detoxification by Nano- Green and Biochemical Approach and mechanism of bio-molecules generation under stress conditions.
Worked on project “Remediation of toxicants from waste water using bio-adsorbents” Few results were featured in QS WOW NEWS LETTERS www.qswownews.com, MCI (P) 140/04/2016
Learning with Innovation: Re Think Chemistry, Featured in QS WOW News wire, May 2017 http://qswownews.com/qswownewswire/2017/05/18/learning-with-innovation-re-think-chemistry/
She organized successfully various workshops and conferences
- Workshop on Innovative Technologies for Water Detoxification for Academic Institutions and Industry (Jan, 2013);
- International Conference on Green Initiatives in Science and Technology (GIST-2015);
- Chemistry for Tomorrow’s World” sponsored by RSC, London and Indian Oil R&D Faridabad in association with GCNC, New Delhi and Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida, Dec, 2015
- International Conference on “Sustainable Initiatives in Water Management” in association with the Royal Society of Chemistry, London and Green Chemistry Network Centre (GCNC), Delhi University, March 2018
- Workshop on Green Chemistry for Sustainable solutions May 2018, for school students and teachers