Dr. Arunagshu Mukherjee
Qualification: MSc (Geology), PhD (Sedimentary Geochemistry)
Professional experience: 24 Years of experience as practicing hydrogeologist in government of India- Central Ground Water Board and Upper Yamuna River Board, Ministry of Water Resources including 5 years experience as faculty member in National Training Institute of Groundwater of CGWB.
Field of specialization:
- Hydrogeological investigations in karst aquifer terrain.
- Planning, design and site selection of water wells for industrial &community water supply
- Rain water harvesting – artificial recharge of groundwater.
- Watershed and springshed development
- Urban hydrogeology.
- Study of geogenic contamination of groundwater specially Sulphate and Arsenic.
- Stratigraphic correlations of non-fossiliferous sedimentary sequence.
Membership of the academic, scientific and professional bodies:
- Associate Editor J. Ambient Science.
- Member of International Association of Hydrogeologist from 2012
- Member of National Cave Research and Protection Organization from 2012
- Fellowship -JRF, SRF and Research Associate of CSIR, New Delhi 1986-93
Honors / Awards conferred:
- Recipient of best poster award during GCG 2016 on theme –source, distribution & mechanism by Teri University & USAID at New Delhi
- Recipient of “Smt. Savitri Chadha Memorial INC-IAH Award of Excellence in Ground Water Investigation and Management” 2015 conferred by Indian Chapter of IAH
- Best paper award in Water Sciences Section 2002 RSU Raipur.
- M P Young Scientist Award in Geology in 1990.
No. of Publication: 03
- Having over 50 publications in refereed International and national journals/ proceedings
- Google Scholar Citation indices over 220 and Research Gate Score over 15.50
- Authored several books, reports and maps. See the links & list below: