About Department of Business Studies
Incepted in 2009 as Faculty of Business Administration and Computer Applications, the faculty was renamed as Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies to reflect its true character. It offers cutting-edge programmes in Commerce and Business studies which are in great demand in the market.Currently, the Faculty consists of two departments, namely, Department of Commerce and Department of Business Studies. The Department of Business Studies offers three programmes at the under- graduate level, namely, BBA (General), BBA (Banking and Financial Markets), and BBA (Global) International Business. Department of Commerce B.Com.(Honours), B.Com.(Hons) Industry Integrated, B.A. (Hons) Economics and M.Com Programmes. The Department also offers doctoral programme in Commerce which is substantially contributing to research.The department inculcates in students professional and ethical attitudes, effective communication skills, leadership qualities, team spirit, critical and innovative thinking and an ability to relate business issues in context to society and corporate governance. The departments have both academically and professionally qualified faculty having rich experience.
Highest Salary: INR 3.6 lacs per annum
- The BBA(Global – International Business) is the flagship program which is run in collaboration with Auckland Institute of Management, New Zealand which provides Diploma to the students accredited by NZQA. Under the program the students are given opportunity to complete their educations from New Zealand.
- Concerted efforts are made to give fillip to all Business Studies Programs by way of introducing the subjects taught in the advanced countries and best universities.
1. The Programs prepare students to succeed in their profession, imparting learning to them through real life exposure, case studies, role plays and other exposure activities. Students are given rich training in soft skills and setting up own start-ups. There additional arrangements for the teaching of several foreign languages in demand.
2. The Departments run special Enrichment Lecture Series Programme (ELSP) beyond regular teaching with a view to exposing students to the current issues and areas of inter-disciplinary interest. It helps to broaden their mental horizon, improve general awareness and strengthen critical thinking. Bridge programmes are conducted to make the entry of new students into study programmes smooth and seamless.
3. International tie ups and industry association makes the Business Studies programs more significant to the industry needs. Its knowledge partners include KPMG, ICICI Direct and Bombay Stock Exchange Institute the acknowledged experts from which deliver professional modules to enhance employability prospects of students in different study programmes.
4. the course is of highly specialized nature which is based on the contents of General Business Administration as well as Banking and other financial institutions management and administration, MRIU has signed MOA with ICICI-Direct which is education vertical of ICICI and has been delivering sessions in the prominent institutions all over the country. The faculty from ICICI- Direct come and takes the classes covering theoretical and practical parts of the course. Basically students learn the practical aspects by performing the task in virtual mode using sophisticated programming.
5. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Institute recently delivered a 40-hour Practical Certificate Course on How to Master the Stock Market focusing on the practical and finer aspects of stock market operations including BSE’s online trading platform BOLT Plus. 40 Hours Business Process Course of SAP has also been embedded as a part of all BBA curricula (all specializations), B.Com (Hons) and B.com (Industry Integrated) programs.
6. The Department of Commerce at FCBS offers its flagship B.Com(Hons.) Industry Integrated Programme which embeds KPMG course for Accounting Professionals (KCAP) consisting of 288 hrs of classroom teaching and 112 hrs of online industry specific study, thereby ensuring placement in industrial sector in general and IT/ITeS sector in particular. Regular industry visits and lectures from industry experts supplement the industry exposure.
MRIU is now a Q S Star rated University and has been conferred with Five Stars for Teaching, Facilities, Social Responsibility and Four Stars for Employability.
As per Times BBA Education Ranking Survey 2016, MRIU ranks 17 among To 50 Private Institutes
Student named Saumyajit Ghosh represented India in Table Tennis in Rio Olympics.
AUCKLAND INSTITUTE OF STUDIES (AIS), Auckland New Zealand provides NZQA accredited Diploma, UG and PG level Programmes
Student named Simran Khatter secured first position in Company Secretary programme.
Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies (FCBS) is one of the oldest departments of the university engaged in teaching and research in Commerce and Business Studies.
The thrust areas of the department include Accounting Standards, Auditing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Economics, Financial markets, e-commerce, Banking, International Business and Brand Management. All the courses in the Faculty follow choice-based credit system as per UGC guidelines and are highly contemporary and industry oriented.
The departments under FCBS have highly qualified faculty with wide experience, industry exposure and research orientation. Academia-Industry interface development is given utmost importance. The Departments lay great emphasis on practical and interactive teaching and undertake special measures for personality development, leadership qualities, business communication, decision-making, negotiation skills and value orientation.
FCBS offers world class infrastructure and qualitative student support systems. It has rich collection of books and journals in the ultra-modern central library. It offers highly congenial environment for teaching and research. There is no doubt that today FCBS has emerged as the leading centre of commerce and business education in the region.
Dr Suresh Bedi, Dean