MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
Research – Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopadedics
The Department encourages faculty and students to pursue academic research on various areas to create environment for higher learning and preparing students for presenting there observation at scientific conferences and symposiums. The faculty is highly research oriented with interests in areas like Dentofacial Orthopedics, Micro-implants, Lasers in Orthodontics, Invisible Orthodontics and newer diagnostic aids. The faculty has publications in reputed International & National scientific Journals.
Current Areas Of Research
Postgraduate student research:
2016 MDS batch
- Mathamatical corelation of measured arch parimeter with calculated arch perimeter using ramanujan’s equation for ellipse.
- Evaluation of the effect of the powered tooth brush on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement.
2015 MDS batch
- To compare the efficacy of canine retraction and its effect on molar anchorage using various methods on two cross section of wires.
- To evaluate the cellular alterations in the buccal mucosa adjacent to self-ligating brackets- A Cytomorphometric study
- Evaluation of HBN angle as an indicator of Anteroposterior Skeletal dysplasia in North Indian Adults.
2014 MDS batch
- Comparison of bracket transfer accuracy of two indirect bonding techniques.
- An in-vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of lingual brackets bonded with komori kommon base technique using two different bonding adhesives.
- An in-vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets bonded to different provisional crown material using different surface treatment.
2013 MDS batch
- An in vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of custom designed Cad-Cam Lingual brackets vs Stb lingual brackets.
- An in-vitro evaluation of primary stability of two titanium mini-implants using Resonance Frequency Analysis.
- The effect of bleaching on shear bond strength of ceramic brackets bonded using fluoride releasing glass ionomer adhesive v/s conventional light cured adhesive – an in vitro study.
2012 MDS batch
- A CBCT evaluation of External apical root resorption in anterior teeth in Orthdodontics treated with sliding mechanics in comparison with Loop mechanics.
- Evaluation of W angle as an indicator of AP skeletal Dysplasia in North Indian population.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of Diode (810 nm) laser in preventing rotational relapse in Orthodontically corrected teeth by laser assisted circuferential supracrestal fibrotomy-a clinical in vivo assessment.