MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
(under Faculty of Dental Sciences)
Research – Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopadedics
The Department encourages faculty and students to pursue academic research on various areas to create environment for higher learning and preparing students for presenting there observation at scientific conferences and symposiums. The faculty is highly research oriented with interests in areas like Dentofacial Orthopedics, Micro-implants, Lasers in Orthodontics, Invisible Orthodontics and newer diagnostic aids. The faculty has publications in reputed International & National scientific Journals.
Current Areas Of Research
Postgraduate student research:
2021 MDS Batch
- Publications in national and international Q1 journals with high impact factor.
- Cross-sectional studies related to pandemics such as Covid-19 and diabetes mellitus published in international journals.
- Facility in the university to store the research samples, if required at temperature range of below -80 degree C.
2019 MDS batch
- Comparison of initial stress and displacement of a vertically displaced canine using conventional and piggyback technique-a finite element study
- Evaluation and comparison of the effects of various long term storage conditions on the properties of orthodontic modules
- Comparison of temperature changes in pulp using monophasic led curing unit at different exposure times – an in-vivo study.
2018 MDS batch
- Perception of facial attractiveness determined by facial angles and smile in photographs of self and model : a study amongst laypersons, dentists and orthodontists.
- Comparative evaluation of t-loop with different amount of pre activation curvatures in lingual orthodontics- a finite element study
- Evaluation of temperature rise in pulp during various interproximal enamel reduction techniques- an in vivo study.
2017 MDS batch
- Comparative evaluation of 0.12% chlorhexidine gluconate,2% sodium fluoride & herbal mouthwash on the mechanical properties of elastomeric modules at different intervals of time-an in vitro study.
- Evaluation & comparison of stresses developed on the maxillary anterior teeth region and mini-implant site during intrusion using single and two mini-implants with varying alveolar bone loss levels-a finite element study
- Comparative evaluation of altered gingival characteristics on smile esthetics by laypersons,dentists & orthodontists
2016 MDS batch
- Mathamatical corelation of measured arch parimeter with calculated arch perimeter using ramanujan’s equation for ellipse.
- Evaluation of the effect of the powered tooth brush on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement.
2015 MDS batch
- To compare the efficacy of canine retraction and its effect on molar anchorage using various methods on two cross section of wires.
- To evaluate the cellular alterations in the buccal mucosa adjacent to self-ligating brackets- A Cytomorphometric study
- Evaluation of HBN angle as an indicator of Anteroposterior Skeletal dysplasia in North Indian Adults.
2014 MDS batch
- Comparison of bracket transfer accuracy of two indirect bonding techniques.
- An in-vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of lingual brackets bonded with komori kommon base technique using two different bonding adhesives.
- An in-vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets bonded to different provisional crown material using different surface treatment.
2013 MDS batch
- An in vitro evaluation of shear bond strength of custom designed Cad-Cam Lingual brackets vs Stb lingual brackets.
- An in-vitro evaluation of primary stability of two titanium mini-implants using Resonance Frequency Analysis.
- The effect of bleaching on shear bond strength of ceramic brackets bonded using fluoride releasing glass ionomer adhesive v/s conventional light cured adhesive – an in vitro study.
2012 MDS batch
- A CBCT evaluation of External apical root resorption in anterior teeth in Orthdodontics treated with sliding mechanics in comparison with Loop mechanics.
- Evaluation of W angle as an indicator of AP skeletal Dysplasia in North Indian population.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of Diode (810 nm) laser in preventing rotational relapse in Orthodontically corrected teeth by laser assisted circuferential supracrestal fibrotomy-a clinical in vivo assessment.