MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
(under Faculty of Dental Sciences)
Oral Medicine & Radiology
- To give clinical diagnosis of oral diseases.
- To give clinical diagnosis of systemic diseases based on oral findings.
- Performing investigations and treatment planning in management of oral diseases.
- Radiological and imageological workup of oral diseases and give a radiological diagnosis.
- Non-surgical management of oral diseases where applicable.
- Dental management of medically compromised patients.
- Management of medical emergencies in dentistry.
Orion made fully functional(Paperless functioning)
Dept. of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Manav Rachna Dental College has been monitoring Smooth functioning of Orion software for recording patients records at MRDC. This has greatly helped in the framework of MRDC’s functio
Digitization of Medical Records (Filmless Radiology)
Using VISTA Scan, a PSP based digital radiology technology has been implemented and integrated with Orion so that all radiographs are uploaded and attached to respective patient records. These can be viewed and downloaded by any department with access to the patient records.
By using a scanner at the OPD registration physical records are being recorded digitally in relevant cases.
Set up of Tobacco cessation center
Dept. of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Manav Rachna Dental College has established a Tobacco cessation center with a primary aim of providing timely intervention in cessation of tobacco related habits thereby reducing risk of many major diseases.
The center was started by Dr. Sumit Bhateja under the leadership of Dr. Arundeep Singh, Principal MRDC from 1st Oct. 2018 and till date more than 80 patients have been counseled & motivated to adapt to a Tobacco free lifestyle.
It comprises of Health Education room, counselling room & Tobacco clinic
The CDE programmes in the specialty focus on a multi disciplinary approach and encourage the participation from all departments. A CDE programme cum workshop titled “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND FUNDAMENTALS OF BIOSTATISTICS”was organized by the department on February 12th and 13th, 2015 with Dr. L. Nagesh, Dr. Giridhar J Gyani, Dr. R.M. Pandey and Dr. Arpit Gupta as guest speakers.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- A 100 kVp Extraoral machine has been added to the armamentarium for imaging of skull, chest and long bones.
- The department of Oral Medicine and Radiology at MRDC is equipped with the latest intra oral and extra oral (panoramic and cepahlometric) digital imaging systems in addition to 17 state of the art electronic dental chair/units. The radiology section has stringent radiation protection norms in place.
- The departmental library has adequate quality reading material in the form of books and journals to stimulate the inquisitive mind. These academic sources are used by the students and Interns to make regular scientific presentations in the department and is source of valuable information for the postgraduate students.