MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
(under Faculty of Dental Sciences)
Dr. Arundeep Singh
(email@example.com (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
MRDC has been accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with CGPA of 3.02 on four points scale at ‘A’ grade valid up to September 13, 2020 NAAC advocates that every accredited Institution need to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. NAAC has prepared guidelines for creation of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) for Accredited Institutions.
NAAC vide letter dated June 14, 2016 has made mandatory submission of AQAR by IQAC of all the Higher Education Institutions (HEI’s) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycle’s accreditation.
This committee has been constituted as per the Guidelines for the creation of the IQAC and submission of Annual Quality assurance report in Accredited Institutions (revised in October 2013) of NAAC and in consultation with Prof. Suresh Bedi, Director IQAC, MRIIRS.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
a) Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
b) The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
c) Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
e) The credibility of evaluation procedures;
f) Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
g) Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.