MANAV RACHNA DENTAL COLLEGE
(under Faculty of Dental Sciences)
About Us – Endodontics & Conservative Dentistry
The motto of the department is ‘restore the natural’ which goes well with the philosophy of Conservative dentistry i.e to conserve the teeth. This is done by teaching students various kinds of direct and indirect restorations of individual teeth. Students are also trained for active competency in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pulpal & periapical disease by offering them an integrated endodontic experience in didatics and patient care with firm emphasis on diagnosis, emergency care and interdisciplinary treatment. The dept of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics at Manav Rachna Dental College offers both graduate and post graduate courses in the specialty.
The department was established in 2007 under the leadership of Dr Arundeep Singh. The dept has a strong history of academic excellence and clinical performance with contributions to all programs of the college. The motto of the department is ‘restore the natural’ which goes well with the philosophy of Conservative dentistry i.e to conserve the teeth. This is done by teaching students various kinds of direct and indirect restorations of individual teeth. Since it inception the dept has catered to over lakh patients through restoration and root canal treatment.
i. Knowledge and Under Standing:
The graduate should acquire the following knowledge during the period of training,
(1) To diagnose and treat simple restorative work for teeth.
(2) To gain knowledge about aesthetic restorative material and to translate the same to patients needs.
(3) To gain the knowledge about endodontic treatment on the basis of scientific foundation.
(4) To carry out simple endodontic treatment.
(5) To carry out simple luxation of tooth and its treatment and to provide emergency endodontic treatment.
He should attain following skills necessary for practice of dentistry
(1) To use medium and high speed hand pieces to carry out restorative work.
(2) Poses the skills to use and familiarize endodontic instruments and materials needed for carrying out simple endodontic treatment.
(3) To achieve the skills to translate patients esthetic needs along with function.
(1) Maintain a high standard of professional ethics &conduct and apply these in all aspects of professional life.
(2) Willingness to participate in CDE programme to update the knowledge and Professional skill from time to time.
(3) To help and participate in the implementation of the national oral health policy.
(4) He should be able to motivate the patient for proper dental treatment and maintenance of oral hygiene should be emphasize which will help to maintain.
1. To train and equip the undergraduate student to correctly diagnose and treat dental caries, to interpret radiograph & diagnose Endodontics conditions as well as to develop keen minds capable of handling diverse clinical situations.
2. To train the PG students into proficient clinicians well versed with the latest advances in the field, and skills to restore and rehabilitate the function and esthetics of the dentition.
3. To encourage the PG students to undertake independent research and to develop an attitude towards practice of innovative treatment protocols.
4. To constantly upgrade and abreast ourselves through CDE’S, research programmes etc in order to provide optimal guidance to our students.