MANAV RACHNA UNIVERSITY
Manav Rachna University is a multidisciplinary & interdisciplinary research driven University. University invite online Applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral (Ph.D) Programme as per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedures for Awards of M. Phil/ Ph.D Degree Regulations, 2016 dated 05.05.2016 published in the Gazette of India dated 05/07/2016.
Applications are invited for Ph.D. programmes for session 2021-22 in following faculties:
- Faculty of Applied Sciences: Department of Physics, Department of Chemistry, and Department of Mathematics
- Faculty of Engineering: Department of Computer Science & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Faculty of Management & Commerce:Department of Management & Commerce
- Faculty of Education & Humanities: Department of Education & Humanities
- Faculty of Law: Department of Law
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENTS
Substantial research is being undertaken in the various faculties. In an endeavor to carry forward the research impetus, the University offers full time Ph.D. programmes. Broadly, the research activities are going on in the following main areas:
- Computer Science & Technology:- Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big Data Analysis, Block chain Technology, Search Engine and Hidden Web, Education Technology, Green Computing, Soft Computing, Genetic Algorithms, Communication Systems & Networks, Network Security, Computational Models & Optimization.
- Electronics & Communication:- Antenna Design, Affordable healthcare devices, Human machine interaction, Digital filter design, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Digital Hardware Design for Biomedical Instruments, VLSI Design, Power System Analysis, Internet of Things, Embedded System Design, Wireless Communication, Energy Harvesting, Solar Cells.
- Mechanical Engineering:- Tribology-Thin Film Lubrication (EHL/micro-EHL), Wear Phenomena, Friction and (scuffing) Failure Phenomena, Solar Energy and its Applications, Turbo-machines, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics
- Management:- Finance, Management, Accounting Strategy, Marketing, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Banking, Insurance, Green Management, Entrepreneurship, Consulting.
- Physics:- Electronic Structure Calculations, Simulation of Laser-Plasma acceleration, Photonics: short radiation pulse Generation, Laboratory Astrophysics Simulation, Ionospheric Physics, Nanotechnology, Nanoscience, Multiferroics materials, Spintronics, Organic Solar Cells and Solid State Physics
- Mathematics: – Algebra, Analysis, Ring Theory, Differential Geometry, Coding Theory, Wavelets, Approximation Theory, Fluid Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling, Operations Research.
- Chemistry:- Green Chemistry- green synthesis of biofuels, Heterocyclic Compounds, Electrochemical Batteries, Water Detoxification, Corrosion, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Polymer Chemistry, Composites Polymer electrolytes, Superabsorbent Polymers/Hydrogels, Catalysis, Molecular Modeling, Detoxification by Natural Adsorbents.
- Education:- Assessment and Evaluation, Educational Psychology, E-learning, School management and administration, Curriculum development, Value Education, Innovative Pedagogies, Research-Based Teacher Education, Peace & Sustainability.
- Law:- International Arbitration, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Rights Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Public Law and Policy, Crime and Criminology, Trade Law, Business Law, Competition Law.
*These are only indicative areas. Research can be pursued in any other area.
NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE
No. of seats are dynamically contingent upon the number of available supervisors & other learning resources
|Faculty Name||Department Name||No. of Seats Available|
|Faculty of Engineering||Computer Science and Technology||10|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||05|
|Faculty of Management & Commerce||Management and Commerce||10|
|Faculty of Applied Sciences||Chemistry||10|
|Faculty of Education & Humanities||Education & Humanities||10|
|Faculty of Law||Law||05|
Duration of Ph.D. Programme
- Minimum duration for submission of Ph.D. thesis is three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the competent authority of University.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for thesis submission in maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave once in the entire duration of M. Phil/Ph. D as per the University Norms.
CLASSIFICATION OF APPLICANTS
- Regular candidate: Research Scholars other than sponsored/self financed and those in receipt of scholarship from other sources i.e. outside universities.
- Academic staff of the university/constituent units: Regular teachers and academic staff of Departments/Constituent Units who are allowed to register for Ph. D
- Non-academic staff of the university/constituent units: Regular members of non-academic staff of the university and its departments/constituent units who satisfy eligibility qualifications and are allowed to be registered for Ph. D programme.
- Sponsored candidates: The candidates sponsored by an organization/institution/university, who fulfills eligibility qualifications and are allowed to register for Ph.D programme.
- Self-financed candidates: (Indian/ Foreign National/ PIO/ NRI) fulfilling eligibility qualifications/criteria as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
All applications must be submitted online. The applicant can download a copy of the submitted application form from the application submission portal and furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admission to the programme shall be based on merit in entrance test and interview. Entrance Test is of 100 Marks, written test (70 Marks) of 90 minutes duration (MCQs) followed by Interview (30 Marks).
The written test shall comprise two sections, each with 50% weightage:
- Section A – Research Methodology and Aptitude (Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Statistics).
- Section B – Subject Specific.
The candidates who have qualified UGC- NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE/ M. Phil. are exempted from written test.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Programmes
The admission to the Ph.D. programme would strictly be done on the basis of UGC M. Phil/Ph.D. Regulations 2016 and subsequent amendments dated 27 th August and 16th October 2018. An applicant possessing any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University:
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Relaxation of marks in minimum eligibility shall be given as per UGC Regulation, 2016.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D programme.
- Applications for admission to Ph.D programmes shall be invited through an open advertisement annually, in November for pre-determined intake under each faculty.
- Applications shall be screened by a Scrutiny Committee constituted by the concerned Department. All the eligible candidates shall have to appear in a written test to be organized by MRU as per guidelines of UGC, followed by an interview to be conducted by Department Research Committee (DRC).
- Non Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals may be admitted to the program in accordance with the policy guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- Research assistantship of INR 18000-24000/- P.M. shall be awarded to meritorious scholars.
Fees for Ph.D. Programme for Academic Session 2021-22
Indian National: (At the time of admission)
Full Time Research Scholar
|Description||Amount in Rs.||Remarks|
|Registration Fee||25,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of registration|
|Course Work Fee||35,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time registration.|
|Semester Fee||35,000/-||To be paid while registering in the beginning of every semester|
|Thesis Evaluation Fee||35,000/-||One time, to be paid at the time of submission of Thesis.|
Fee structure for PhD admissions 2021-22 for NRIS/PIOs/Foreign students
Ph. D Programs: Course Fee (One time) US $650, Research Fee (Annual) US $ 1800, Thesis Evaluation Fee (One time) US $ 650. In year 3 and onwards, Research Fee payable on Semester basis @US $ 900 till the date of final submission of Thesis.
Note: It is further clarified that minimum duration for PhD is 3 years and hence a Research Scholar will be required to pay Research Fee of Rs. 70,000/- per annum for a minimum period of 3 years in two equal installments per year. If a Research Scholar submits his / her Thesis within 3 months from the completion of 3 years from the date of registration, he / she shall be required to pay Research Fee only for 3 Academic Sessions aggregating to
Rs. 2,10,000/-. However, if the Research Scholar submits his /her Thesis after 3 months from the completion of 3 years from the date of registration, he/ she will deposit the Research Fee @Rs. 35,000/- per semester with the same analogy.
Following shall be applicable for the faculty and staff of MREI joining the Ph.D program from the session 2021-22:
- Registration Fee: As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of registration).
- Course work fee: Nil
- Research fee: Nil (during 3 years duration of the program on the condition that faculty shall serve the university at least for 3 years after completion of Ph. D)
- Thesis Evaluation fee: As applicable (one time to be paid at the time of submission of the thesis).
- Faculty /staff concern shall be required to sign a surety bond as prescribed on a non-judicial stamp paper.
Ph. D Admission Calendar
|Last Date for e-form filling||July 4, 2021 (Sunday)|
|Entrance Test and Interview||July 17, 2021 (Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result||July 23, 2021 (Friday)|
|Last date for Fee Payment||August 10, 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Registration and Orientation||August 16, 2021 (Monday)|
|Commencement of Course Work Classes||August 27, 2021 (Saturday)|
|S. No.||Name||Department||Designation||E mail|
|1||Dr. Pradeep Varshney||Chemistry||Dean Researchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Susmita Ray||CST||DRC Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|3||Dr. Shruti Vashisht||ECE||DRC Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dr. Sujata Nayak||ME||DRC Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|5||Dr. S.K. Shukla||Chemistry||DRC Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Dr. Jai Prakash||Physics||DRC Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|7||Dr. Deepa Arora||Mathematics||DRC Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Dr. Babita Parashar||Education & Humanities||DRC Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|9||Dr. Versha Vahini||Law||DRC Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||Dr. Parul Jhajharia||Management & Commerce||DRC Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|11||Dr. Megha Bansal||Chemistry||PhD Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|12||Dr. Prinima Gupta||CST||PhD Coordinatoremail@example.com|