MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND STUDIES
(Formerly MANAV RACHNA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY )
Ph.D Electronics Communication Engineering – MRIIRS
MRIIRS strives to propagate the international research agenda across the University’s disciplinary spectrum and through interdisciplinary initiatives. Our aspirations and actions are influenced by our vision defined for learning, scholarship, research and public engagement.
MRIIRS expresses a commitment to disciplinary excellence across the spectrum of Engineering including Biotech and Core Sciences, Management, Psychology, Economics, Media, English Physiotherapy, Commerce including supporting research in strategically important and relevant areas. The range and health of the core academic disciplines provides an ideal foundation for the continued development of interdisciplinary research initiatives.
We aim to maximize the benefits of research by advancing fundamental knowledge and contributing to efficacious public policy, improved health outcomes, economic prosperity, social cohesion, international development, community identity, arts, culture and the quality of life. Our high-level strategies retaining and recruiting researchers of the highest distinction, processes and potential across the Institutions, attracting the very best research students nationally and internationally. We provide a supportive research environment in which scholars at every stage of their career, can flourish and develop. We aim at encouraging collaboration- regionally, nationally and internationally and effective partnerships with other research institutions, research agencies, funding bodies/sponsors and benefactors thus ensuring that the fruits of the Institution’s research activities are leveraged and disseminated for the benefit of society and the economy. We also strive to provide the academic and administrative services and facilities needed to facilitate research excellence and knowledge transfer.
The Institution will continue to develop multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary programs and new ventures designed to address many of the major challenges that confront our society.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The admission to Ph.D programmes would strictly be done on the basis of regulations contained in the Ph.D Ordinance 8(B) of the Institute available on its website, which is in total conformity with the UGC new Regulations, 2016 for Awards of M. Phil / Ph.D Degree. An applicant possessing any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D programme of the Institution:
- A Master’s degree with not less than 55% marks in aggregate in Engineering including Biotech and Core Sciences / Psychology/ Economics/ Media/ English/ Physiotherapy/ Commerce / Management of a recognized Indian University, or a degree approved by Association of Indian Universities, or any other equivalent qualification to the satisfaction of Academic Council of the Institution.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine / any other professional discipline of at least four year duration after 10+2 or higher duration, with either 70% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of fifteen years of relevant experience in recognized Institute/ University/ Industry/ Government Organization, may be considered eligible for admission, on the recommendation of BOS and approval by Academic Council provided that such applicants may, in case considered essential, be required to qualify in the course/s specified by the DRC/BOS.
- Online applications for joining the Ph.D. programme shall be submitted. All eligible candidates shall have to appear for Entrance Test (of 70 Marks) to be conducted by MRIIRS as per UGC new Regulations, 2016 for Awards of M.Phil / Ph.D Degree. The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology as Part-A and 50% shall be subject specific as Part-B. The entrance test shall be followed by an interview/ presentation carrying a weightage of 30 marks. Those applicants who are short listed based on the latest UGC notification of 50% pass marks in written and are found to be suitable shall appear before the DRC of the concerned department for judging the suitability of the research plan and availability of the supervisor. The research plan shall be written in English in the specified format in accordance with the instructions contained in the Ph.D. Ordinance 8B. In case of a suitable candidate, the DRC shall assign some specific topic as area of research found suitable. A candidate will ordinarily be allowed twice for such presentation before the DRC. A third attempt may be allowed only with the approval of the Vice Chancellor in special circumstances.
- The recommendations of the DRC regarding the research plan of the candidate and proposed supervisor(s) shall be put up in the meeting of the BOS for approval and for further submission to the Board of Faculty.
- While recommending approval of the Research Plan, the BOS/BOF will also recommend the research supervisor(s).
- After the recommendations of BOS/BOF of the research plan and the name(s) of the supervisor(s) of a candidate, the case shall be submitted to the concerned Academic Council for its approval through Council for Doctoral Program.
- After the approval of the Academic Council and the payment of fees prescribed by the Institution, a candidate shall be formally registered as a research scholar / student with effect from date of the AC meeting.
- A Research Scholar shall be required to renew his registration every semester / year and pay the fees in the manner prescribed by the Institution.